Neymar vs Lucas Moura

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by Daniel96, Aug 29, 2011.

1. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Kaka came on as a substitute in 2002. Pele and Ronaldo's claims are ridiculous.

I do feel sorry for Pele though, his two main world cups should have been 1962 and 1966 but he was injured in both.

2. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    he got injured while playing the WC, you're making it look like he didn't step onto the pitch. He even scored a goal on the first game on the win over Mexico. The tie with the czech rep is where they kicked him until he just couldn't stand anymore.
    He played in 2 out of 6 games... that's not the same as Kaka being subbed in or Ronaldo sitting on the bench.

3. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It was one and a half games actually. His contribution was similar to Inzaghi's in 2006.

4. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    He finished the game... He got hurt on the first half after an attempt on goal, after that he stayed on the pitch since there were no substitutions, he was still part of the game but the czechs stopped chasing him since they knew he was injured.

what are you trying to do here on your obvious attempt to discredit Pele?

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They think crediting Ronaldo with 2 WC's and Pele with 3 WCs increases their legendary status, but it actually has the opposite effect. It shows that they played on teams so good that Brazil didn't even need these players to win!

6. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The classy guys do not take a lot of credit when they play a minor role, in fact they are usually disappointed. You don't even hear Zico mention his role in the 1978 World Cup because he played so little. Brazil got to the semi final and almost the final but Zico looks on that tournament not so highly.

7. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yeah it's annoying to hear. In England Jimmy Greaves, probably England's greatest striker of all time looks at 1966 very badly because he wasn't able to play in the world cup final. He doesn't consider himself a world cup winner at all.

Ronaldo saying he won 2 world cups is like saying Luis Muller won a world cup. Likewise I doubt Rai thinks of himself as a true world cup winner.

8. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I really have never seen Ronaldo say he has won 2 world cups. Ronaldo is not the bragging type to begin with. I think this is mostly coming from you reading what the media says, or reading his wikipedia personal honors. Because in that case yes he would be considered a winner of the 1994 WC, he has a medal for a reason. Kaka also doesn't brag about winning the 2002 WC he actually was quoted saying that the 2006 WC was the worst of his career and wanted to make up for it on 2010 since it was his turn to take over and carry Brazil to a title.

And Rai 100% thinks of himself as a world cup winner. He was the captain of the team that qualify them for the WC, he was a major player in that team, but tactically they needed to make a change since their midfield proved to be too weak on the defensive side.

I agree with you to some degree that certain players get carried to a world title. But when a player has such a big part in qualifying and even in the tournament, that's not somebody that was carried.

Also you have to watch a big more football outside of Europe.

9. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No way I disagree, Neymar has better close ball control than Lucas... Lucas depends on his speed too much and just runs anywhere.

10. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    I am pretty sure Ronaldo had never mentioned anything (at all) about winning WC94. In fact he claimed " being on bench at WC94 was a major experience to have learned from Romario, Bebeto and had turned his career around"
    - in TITLE, he did have 2 WC medals (94 and 02)
    - in real life: He won 1WC and 1 WCfinalist 98 - arguably best player at two WC, topscorer WC were much bigger than claiming win WC94 for him!

The lost of Pele in 62 and 66 were a major turn for Brazil NT: the new crown king Garrincha (emerging bigger in the abscence of Pele at WC62, and they exit early in 66 right when Pele could not play) In FACT: Pele did score 1goal in each WC62 and 66 - of which most people laid bets on his name being best player and TOPScorer at those 2 WC!

11. Zlatko2010

Zlatko2010 Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Neymar for sure. Lucas cannot score goal like this.

12. riflex

riflex Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

It's not true, Lucas has also made a similar goal.

Both have talent, but Neymar is more mature and decisive so it is better for the moment.

I think they are technically in the same level, but Lucas dribbling too much, often not necessary.
    Other difference Neymar is a diver, Lucas is more muscular and powerful, and he don't dive

The best performance of Lucas in Psg

Lucas vs Valencia

Lucas vs Barcellona

13. riflex

riflex Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I personally prefer Lucas, he is faster with ball and even without, powerfull, he is not a diver, he is humble .
    He needs to improve his shot, because he is a bad finisher

14. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    both are around the same age, and Neymar has proven he's a better player. I don't even think it's up for discussion really. It's not like Lucas is being just as good as Neymar right now, he's not even close.

Maybe a Lucas vs Bernard thread should be ok, since Bernard not only took Lucas spot in the NT he also took a starting spot that Lucas couldn't break into. I like Lucas don't get me wrong, but for as much talent as he has, he needed to have something to show already.

15. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Not that I disagree but it's just your preference and you have right for that.
    However my 2 cents on them;
    - both have a terrible shots (relative to their talent)
    - Neymar will eventually become the best player soon when Messi/CR7 saturated and get older (I can NOT see that for Lucas ... until he will prove me wrong)
    - Neymar is surely a better overall player (playmaker, or creative forward) and a KEY player for Brazil in next WC. Lucas might not even make it into the starting XI

16. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Heck he might not even make the TEAM!

17. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    yeah ... he still has 4months to prove his FORM at PSG before Scolari finalize his best 23 men

18. riflex

riflex Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    for me Lucas have more talent, and Hazard is better than neymar

19. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    That just seems that you are biased against Neymar. I mean really, he's Brazil's top player, uncontested starter for the National team, had a monster tournament in the Confederations Cup, carried his team to a Libertadores win at the age of 19 and likely the most expensive transfer ever (apparently Barca paid 95 mil for him)

and you want to say Lucas, a player that's having a hard time getting call ups and Hazard a player that nobody would think of paying that amount for are more talented and better than him?

I mean really? you're just coming off as a biased person at this point.

20. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    this? I totally disagree.
    Neymar is the best talent in Brazil right now and he was among th TOP5 (if not top3 teants in the world)

At this moment, not sure where you look at, to even say Hazard a bit better?
    In fact, he was playing in Europe for a while, and Neymar just made barely a dozen games with Barca.

Look at their STATS:
    NEYMAR
    TournamentAppsGoalsAssistsShotsKey PassesDribblesFouledOffsDispTrnRating
    La Liga-------*12(4)6----8----2.5---1.7---------3.2-----3.5----0.91.51.9------7.73

HAZARD
    TournamentAppsGoalsAssistsShotsKey PassesDribblesFouledOffsDispTrnRating
    EPL*-------21(1)---9-5-----1.8--2.4------3.5----2.9---0.2-2.5-2--7.58

Neymar CLEARLY had better STATS (same goals+assist in half number of games) and RATINGS (7.73 > 7.58)

21. riflex

riflex Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    this is my impression, I think Lucas has more talent in the future he will do best for me.

The only weakness of Lucas is his shot.

Lucas is more effective dribbler, he have a better ball control, more powerfull, he is not a diver, is more humble.

Neymar have better shot and works better with the team, in dribbling he is similar to Ronaldhino, lucas is similar to a Messi, less elegant, more powerfull, and Messi(lucas)>Ronaldhino(neymar) in dribbling.

Neymar in this moment is better, but Lucas has greater potential, and is improving with time.

Hazard is better than both

I do not see what has been shown Neymar in Europe to be considered better than Hazard

So in this moment Gotze>Hazard>Neymar>Lucas.

Neymar against barcelona did absolutely nothing

Lucas was great against both Valencia and Barca

22. riflex

riflex Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You are too attached with useless statistics, football is not basketball.

You could also do 10 goals and 10 assists in a game, but one that makes 10 assists and 10 goals in 10 games is better than you, + Epl>Liga

Neymar has not proved anything, he is not in top 10 and even not in top 20.

the first 3 are Messi, Cr7 and Ibra

23. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Not really, STATS are STATS, and while Football is no basketball, Neymar was still regarded as the BEST PLAYER (in the making) since 2012.

NO lucas, nor Hazard were in the same stance of expectation, why>? because Neymar had GREATER TALENT

Guigs repped this.
  24. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Guigs repped this.
  25. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Neymar has already shown better ball control than Lucas by far, and a better finisher than Lucas and even a better dribbler. Once again if Lucas was better than Neymar on these aspects he would be in the Starting position of the NT. Which is not the case. Look man I like Lucas, I've been following him since his days in Sao Paulo. But he has never been as good as Neymar or even Bernard. What Lucas is a very selfish player, he needs to let go of the ball more.

I still remember in Sao Paulo his coach told him to pass the ball more in order to open the game up for him, so he decided he wouldn't do anything other than passing the ball for 4 games in a row. Until finally he got benched for being a little baby about his coach trying to help him.

Lucas is no Messi, and Neymar is no Ronaldinho either... those are completely different styles of play, all 4 of them.
    Once again you're just looking like you have something against Neymar, even with obvious performances at top level from Neymar, and price being paid for him you are taking Hazard over him. Neymar just got to Europe, but he has a much better resume than Hazard by FAR, i mean not even close.

Neymar was 19 years old against probably the best Barca team ever.. plus not sure if you forgot.. nobody did anything against that Barca team, not even C. Ronaldo.

Or did you forget? Barca beat Santos 4 x 0 that year.. and beat Real 5 x 0 earlier..

and people forget because of the score line how well he played.