Neymar vs Lucas Moura

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by Daniel96, Aug 29, 2011.

1. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    At Barca, (and liga) Messi (and CR7) did break Ronaldo's 49goals/season reacord

But at NT, while Ronaldo set 15goals record at WC (final stage) Messi left a possible 15games without scoring for Argentina -
    CR7 in the other hand also set a record of himself for like 15months without scoring a goal for Portugal (from 2008-2010)

Gosh , Even Zidane (not a frequent scorer as he operated deeper) could not take that long!

2. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Also note that Ronaldo's goal per game average was actually similar to Messi's and CR7 as he had less games played.

3. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo only played one season when he played for Barcelona and scored 47 goals in 49 matches when he was just 20 years old. Who knows what might have happened if he had stayed at Barca. Maybe, he would not have been injured and might have moved on to become the best or second best player ever.

It is unlikely that Messi will break Ronaldo's record but, it is not impossible. He is one guy who can have a couple of hat tricks in the next world cup and if he does, he may end up with 9 or 10 goals. Again, that is extremely unlikely but, not impossible. Even if that were to be the case, he would still have to score about 6 goals to tie or break Ronaldo's record. Otherwise, he will have to wait until his last world cup in 2022 to break the record. In that world cup, I will give him 2 or 3 goals. So, it is possible. Maybe, I'll create a different thread to see what people think.

4. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Preety good line up, but i would change (3) things

1. Put Marcelo in Lucas Leiva spot as a midfielder, because marcelo can run up and dribble good then pass the ball, but at the same time be able to be a defensive midfield.
    Lucas leiva is slow and not good in dribbling. and because marcelo is in midfield, I would then put Dani Alves defender.

2. I dont know what is so good about Damiao, he is a alright player, but if Alexandre Pato avoids injuries then he would be much better. Pato can run, dribble, and shoot/finish preety good.

3. at the moment i would rather Ronaldinho then kaka. ever since kaka had gotten injured he hasnt been the same player. he is now slow (but so is Ronaldinho).. and Kaka is not like he was at Ac Milan. plus he is 29 years old, that is 1-2 years younger then Ronaldinho. so I dont see Kaka becoming one of the best in the world like he was at Ac Milan. so if kaka does not get much better then I would rather Ronaldinho.

other than that, good line up.

Mine would be

Neymar
    Ronaldinho
    Pato
    Robinho / Lucas Moura
    Ramires
    Marcelo
    D.Avles
    Maicon
    David Luiz
    Thiago Silva
    Julio Cesar

:)

5. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    1. Marcelo as a defensive midfielder? That's interesting. He is very good offensively. However, he is not a better defender than Lucas Leiva.

2. Dani Alves would play on the left? I am so sure he would be effective.

3. Damiao or Pato? Damiao is more effective in the air and has shown that he has a killer instinct to score goals. Pato, meanwhile, has been missing wide open goals. I am sure even the great players miss wide open goals sometimes but, Pato has not shown lately that he has the killer instinct to score goals. Also, he can't seem to remain healthy. Brazil needs to establish chemistry and for that, they need a reliable striker. Let us not forget that Neymar will be attracting defenders and will be setting his partner striker and therefore, needs to be one that can put the ball in the back of the net.

3. In 2014, Ronaldinho will be 34 and Kaka will be 32. Kaka is beginning to play well for Madrid. He played so well in the past 4 games that he is now a starter. Ronaldinho has also been playing well but, I do not think he will be able to keep his fitness level for the next three years to perform at the highest level. Remember 2006 when Ronaldinho was on top of the world? What did he do? Nothing. I give the slow but, highly talented Ganso a better chance of playing than Ronaldinho.

6. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Kaka has been playing good for Real Madrid so far in his last few games. so I think he would be good for Brazil at the moment.
    But in 2014 I think Lucas Moura is going to be the new Ronaldinho/Kaka
    Because Lucas has the speed/acceleration Kaka used to have, and he has the skills/dribbling Ronaldinho has.

7. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    yeah Kaka deserves a "call back" at least on bench ... (or switch with Ronaldinho)

Well Neymar is a new "Ronaldinho" and Lucas suits more to a new "Kaka"

8. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lucas Moura is abit like kaka, but lucas does more tricks. so thats why i said he plays like Ronaldinho too.

While Neymar has the tricks/skills Ronaldinho did, but Neymar is faster than Ronaldinho.

Im not trying to compare Neymar to Pele, but he does play similar to him like the fake kicks, runs the ball around players. and he just plays like him.
    have you seen neymar's goal the other day against botafogo? he does these 2 fake kicks and changes direction then scores. And thats how Pele played sometimes

9. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Does Lucas Moura still tend to dribble with his head down? how do you think 2011 was for Neymar and Lucas?

I hope the best for Neymar and Lucas in 2012.

10. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Lucas has a promising future but, right now, he is not in the same league as Neymar. Neymar is phenomenal whereas, Lucas has been inconsistent. However, Lucas has the potential to be a phenomenal player as well. I don't know if he still dribbles with his head down. The year 2011 was definitely Neymar's year.

This year will be very important not only for Neymar and Lucas but, also for players like Ganso, Damiao, Hulk and perhaps, Oscar. Also, other players like Hernanes, Pato, Sandro, Diego Alves, Marcelo, Dede, Thiago Silva will need to continue to improve. Three months after the olympics, Mano will need to finalize the starting lineup for the 2014 team.

11. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who are the Top 3 players in Brazil now? Neymar is obviously #1 and he was voted Americas Footballer Of The Year, but who is #2 and #3
    Hopefully Mano Menezes builds a good strong team, but Neymar is obviously going to be in Brazil starting line-up for many years if he stays good

What are the chances of Brazil winning 2012 Olympics, 2013 Confederation Cup and 2014 World Cup?

Does this sound like a good Brazil 2014 World Cup team

[LINEUP-4-3-3]Neymar, L.Damiao, Lucas Moura, Ganso, Lucas Leiva, Ramires, Marcelo, Dede, Thiago Silva, D.Alves, Julio Cesar[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

Best Neymar video, watch it.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma9O6hd8pTY"]Neymar 2012 The Ultimate Skills Video HD - YouTube[/ame]

12. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would take out Lucas Leiva and Ramires in favor of Sandro and Hernanes. Right now, I would favor Hulk over Lucas because he is a very good player who is more experienced AND he is VERY STRONG. However, Lucas has the potential to win the spot if he continues to improve. Also, I would favor Diego Alves over Julio Cesar who has not played well at all in recent competitions for Brazil.

Brazil has a good chance of winning the gold medal for the very first time. As for the upcoming Conferadion Cup with Uruguay, Spain, Mexico and Japan, I am not so sure Brazil will win. Spain and Uruguay might win it. Spain has the most creative midfield in the world. They can control the ball and dominate possession like Barca did to Santos. Ganso, Hulk and Hernanes have to control the midfield for Brazil for them to have a chance of winning. Maybe, Lucas, not Hulk, will be in the starting lineup by then.

As for the best brazilian players right now, I would rank them in the following order:
    1. Neymar
    2. Hulk
    3. Dani Alves
    4. Marcelo
    5. Ganso

It is really sad that the selecao does not have a lot players on the world stage. Brazil has a lot players with potential but, they are very young and they lack the experience necessary to make an impact on the world stage. For example, Lucas, Oscar, Damiao, Ganso and Dede look great on paper but, will they have gained enough experience to make an impact in the 2014 world cup? Brazil is REQUIRED to win it all since the world cup will be held in their backyard. Anything less will be considered a disaster. Neymar will be ready but, can he win the world cup for Brazil like Maradona did for Argentina in 1986? Zico seems to think so but, I am not sure. Spain, Germany, The Netherlands will be very strong and other teams like Uruguay, Argentina, Italy, England and France will be tough opponents as well. Portugal, if they make it, will be strong as well.

If Lucas,Ganso and Damiao continue to improve, maybe Neymar will have the supporting cast to help Brazil win their sixth world cup. Lucas' quick dribbling will be crucial when playing against teams like Spain and Germany. Damiao will be a very important player because he is great in the air and can capitalize on crosses from Dani Alves and Marcelo. Ganso's precise passing can make the difference. Neymar will attract a lot of attention and as a result, will create more openings for his teammates.

Kaka can also make a strong contribution but, I am not so sure he will be healthy enough.

13. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I reckon Lucas Leiva is a good defensive midfielder, and Ramires is a box-to-box midfielder with lots of stamina and preety fast.
    I havent really seen Hernanes and Sandro play so I cant say much, but Hernanes is more of a offensive midfielder, and I think Brazil will be better with a defensive midfielder like Lucas Leiva or Ramires because we already have Ganso as the Playmaker.

Now I still think Brazil can win 2014 World Cup because they have the best young players thats are getting better and better.
    2014 World Cup is out of Brazil, Germany or Spain.

Brazil vs Spain 2014 - I think it will be a tough game because Spain have Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas so they will have good ball possesion, but Xavi will 34 years old ready to retire so their best midfielder will be out of form, and Puyol will be 36 years old and I heard that he will retire after 2014 WC, Puyol will be old and slow and I dont think he will be that good in 2014.
    Spain have David Villa as a striker who is currently injured for 6 months so that he effective him because hes like 30 years old, and Torres is the other striker who is nothing special.

Brazil vs Germany 2014 - This will be a good game, Brazil lost 2-3 against Germany this year, but Brazil is getting better and better.
    Neymar is better then every forward in Germany and Brazil attacking forwards are just better, and for Midfield Germany is better, but Brazil has better defense.

2014 World Cup will be good and competitive with Brazil, Spain and Germany, But we just gotta wait and see.

14. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And I think Ronaldo (Brazil) and Messi dribbling with their heads down like Lucas Moura?

15. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Spain and Germany are significantly better than the current brazilian squad. Brazil has a lot of work to do. Let me point out to you that some players can play great soccer in their mid-30s. For example, Franco Baresi was excellent against Brazil in the World Cup 1994 final. He was not too slow.

In soccer, anything is possible. Sure, Brazil has a chance of winning but, things are not looking too good for them right now. Countries like Spain, Germany and The Netherlands have a much greater chance of winning.
    Let me say it again that Brazil has a lot of players with great potential. Ganso has great potential but, so far, he has not lived up to the expectations. He has had three surgeries so far and that will be a factor. Lucas also has great potential but, he needs time to develop into a great soccer player. Neymar has lived up to the hype but, he still needs to become stronger. Did you see how Puyol completely took him out of the game? You touch the guy and he's on the ground! He will need to stay on his feet. Damiao also has great potential but, he will need more time to gain enough experience.
    Let's not forget about stage fright. Many great players have failed to deliver on the world stage mainly because there was too much pressure. Remember how pathetic Ronaldinho was in 2006? At that time, he was the best player in the world and some even argued at the time that he was better than Maradona. What did he do in the world cup? NOTHING.
    The notion that Brazil can field a bunch of inexperienced players and they will dominate Spain, Germany, The Netherlands, Italy, France, Argentina and Uruguay is simply wishful thinking.
    Brazil's midfield is non-existent. Ganso alone cannot spark the midfield. He is a great passer but, he will need help. Will Ganso be another Rai? In 1994, Rai, Brazil's #10, was supposed to be the creative midfielder He was so pathetic that he ended up being substituted after the second game and Mazinho, Thiago's father, took his position and ran the midfield for Brazil. Maybe, Hulk or Lucas will be able to assist him. Also, Hernanes and Sandro can be very important elements as well. I have given up on Ramires. He has a lot of energy but, he makes very poor passes at times and he is not a goal scoring threat like Hernanes. Lucas Leiva just had a major surgery and to me, he is just an average player. Sandro now appears to be stronger and he might establish a much more solid presence in the back midfield.

BTW, Brazil does not have the best young players. They have the best young player in Neymar but, overall, the best young players are on the german team. The german team that played in 2010 was very young and they played the best and most explosive soccer in the world cup. In 2014, they will only be better. Brazil completely dominated Brazil in their last friendly. Neymar scored a goal in the last minute to make the final score 3-2 but, it was not a close game. Spain also has a few good young players as well.
    Brazil has got to wake up soon or they will be embarrassed in their own backyard.

16. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Spain lost against Portugal 4 - 0 Spain in late 2010, and in 2011 they lost against Italy and England, and drew with Costa Rica. So doesnt look too good.
    The only way Spain can beat Brazil is over ball possesion because of Spains good Midfield, only if Brazil had someone like Xavi or Iniesta to combine with Ganso, then Brazil will have a really good chance of winning 2014 World Cup.
    I doubt Kaka will return to his best, and I doubt Ronaldinho will be in good from by 2014, so that leaves Ganso by himself.
    Brazil has no midfield and thats whats stuffing them up.

Germany dont have good defence, but their midfield is very good plus they have Gotze as a young talented playmaker.
    Germany smashed Netherlands 3-0 in late 2011, while Brazil drew 0-0 with Netherlands in 2011.

Just say if Xavi or Iniesta played for Brazil to combine with Ganso then do you reckon Brazil could win 2014 World Cup?

I heard that Brazil may be versing Spain this year 2012, I hope it happens because that will be a very good tough game. but I think the score will be Brazil 2 - 1 Spain, thats if the game happens. :)

17. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    LOL! It's funny how you predict the score between a possible friendly between Brazil and Spain. I like Brazil too but, I have to be realistic. Brazil is lagging behind Spain, Germany and The Netherlands. As for Ganso, he might not be around in 2014 after all the injuries he has had. He is not the type of midfielder who can take control of a game. He is, however, a great passer. Brazil needs a creative and explosive midfielder who can feed Neymar and Damiao or whomever. As a brazilian fan, I am really sad because, currently, Brazil cannot compete with the very best. Let's see how they do this year.
    Maybe and just maybe, if they win the gold medal in the olympics, the young players will gain a lot of confidence and by mid-2013, Brazil can have a team that can start competing against the very best AND hopefully, will be ready to challenge for the cup in 2014.
    Remember Brazil will not take part in the world cup qualifiers and will instead have to rely on meaningless friendlies to test their team. They only have the olympics (for young players) and the Confederation Cup.
    There will be a lot of pressure on Neymar. Maybe, in two years, Lucas will be more consistent and will become as dangerous as Neymar. Ganso or Kaka must remain healthy as well.
    I know you are passionate about Neymar, Lucas and Brazil but, you need to be realistic. Every world cup, we always hear that Brazil is going to win it all but, that does not usually happen and there is a reason for that. Talent alone cannot win a world cup. You need a team with compatible players who understand their roles and that is something Brazil does not currently have. Let's wait and see how Brazil will do this year. I hope things will be better than last year. I always hope that important players like Neymar, Lucas, Ganso, Damiao, Kaka, Marcelo, Dani Alves, Hernanes, Hulk, Sandro, Diego Alves, Thiago Silva. Oscar and Dede will remain healthy so Mano can have a chance to finalize his team after the olympics.

18. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Both Neymar and Lucas Moura have improved alot since last year, Lucas has a very similar playing style to Ronaldo 9 and Messi which I like while Neymar is more for show like Ronaldinho.
    I think Lucas is probaly more effective in dribbling than Neymar, and also faster and stronger.
    Lucas is also much more humble than Neymar, so fans will probaly like Lucas more.
    I will still say Neymar is better, but Lucas has potential to become better.
    And Lucas is by far better than Gotze and Eden Hazard.

Lucas has scored a couple of great goals this week, he has started off 2012 really good.
    Here are the goals of 2012

Effective dribbling goal like Ronaldo 9 and Messi
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhTgorgi7ns"]Golaço de Lucas - Oeste 2 x 3 São Paulo - Campeonato Paulista 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Good long shot goal
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuiBiqRtrbM"]Golaço de Lucas - São Paulo 2x1 São Caetano - Campeonato Paulista 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Skill 2012 - Lambreta Lucas done the other day
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv2rIJvg-A8"]Lambreta de Lucas contra São Caetano - Paulistão 2012 - 28/01/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Lucas Moura - Video
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRSxdKEkbFU"]Lucas Moura - Turn Around 2011/2012 | HD - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgUlaWGriAg"]Lucas Moura ? A Future Star ? HD - YouTube[/ame]

19. avechkin8

avechkin8 Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Can somebody explain me how this guy - Neymar can get away with ridiculous diving and showboating in Brazil? Must be some special protection from Brazil football federation.

Man i would like to see him dance his goofy dance in front of John Terry or Jamie Carragher.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Has Neymar even played this year yet? I turned on the Santos match yesterday and looked for him, but he wasn't playing.

21. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yee I went to watch that game too, Neymar and Ganso were not playing so I didnt watch it lol.
    I think Neymar will play next week against Palmeiras on 6th Febuary (Australian Time)

What channel was it on? or did you watch it on the computer?

This site here is good for Brazil league games, not the best quality but its decent. http://facebook.vc/

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Can't remember which TV channel it was on. I get both PFC or Globo. It was on one of those. Looks like both Neymar and Ganso are starting tonight.

23. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yee im watching the game right now, and Neymar and Ganso are playing :)
    Neymar seems to have gotten stronger, because he isnt falling over as much.

24. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I think that Lucas Moura has better close control than Neymar, Neymar does more tricks but Moura's style is more like Messi's with a few tricks thrown in. Moura will have a great career in Europe.

PS Ronaldo did not win 2 world cups, he did not play a single second in 1994. It must be a Brazilian thing to claim a world cup victory even if you hardly played. Pele does it with 1962 and Ronaldo with 1994. However I never heard Kaka say he won it in 2002, maybe he's got more class.

25. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Pele actually played in 1962... unlike Ronaldo and Kaka