Neymar, 2012 and beyond [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by IVO !, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danakil

Danakil Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I could not agree more. People really understimate brazil especially in tough times when they deliver. This brazil team will still make the semis if not the final. But the point is Neymar needs to copy pele and stay in his homecountry.

Argentina is a joke. I really dont think they can win a world cup. Messi is still the best but the team is weak.
    Spain is getting too old. Germany, italy and France are the only ones who could great damage. But this is brazil within brazil we're talking about, they will lift the cup.

2. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The Argentina team is not weak, they don't just have Messi, they have other proven players like Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Lavezzi. That is by far the best attack out of any team. Their goalkeeper is decent, they have a good defensive midfielder in Mascherano. If they can improve their midfield then they will definitely be one of the favourites.
    Spain won't be that old, they have plenty of players to replace the likes of Xavi, Puyol. Iniesta, Fabregas, Silva, Mata will still be in their late 20s.

I doubt Germany will do anything, they don't have the same ruthlessness that they had in the 80s and 90s. Those German teams were tough and were able to beat superior technical teams like France and Holland

Brazil have no major proven players in attack. The fact they are considering a well past it Kaka shows they are desperate.
    And don't compare Neymar to Messi, Messi at the same age had far superior close control and technique. So did Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho.

Messi plays direct like all the true greats Pele, Cruyff, Maradona.
    Whenever I see Neymar play his style is just like Robinho, Denilson, Young Cristiano.

They all did 'skills' but their close control was never amazing like Messi or the other legends. They don't have the same natural talent. Cristiano without his physique would be nowhere near the player he is, because his natural footballing talent is not amazing. These days Cristiano is just a finisher and shooter. That is why he can never really inspire Portugal because he's not one to create chances for others like Figo could. He finishes moves off.

3. RichCreamy48

RichCreamy48 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
    Neymar's goal against Colombia was pretty direct, was it not?

4. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It was a good goal but he didn't actually beat the defenders, he just stepped away.
    Anyway it's obvious when you watch them play that Messi is a far more naturally talented player.

5. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bullshit.

6. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    to be honest it was a very good goal, cut back to get off 1 DF, then immediately bend the ball (beyond GK's reach) to the far corner. That's a Worldclass strike in anyone's book.

However, overall game was not his usual form: he also missed an easy chance with only the gk to beat with a weak and straight shot at GK - and the PK a la Roberto Baggio Gosh

In his normal or bestform, Brazil should win that game 2-1 or more

7. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Wreckless, I can aggree with most of Your last post but not about Your opinion on Neymar and Kaka, here I agree with IVO.
    You simplify and group players to make things way too easy for Yourself and Your opinion.

8. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    As soon as I read what he thinks about CRonaldo, I realized he was just a hater and skews his biases. Just because someone doesnt prefer a certain style of futebol, i.e. CR7's and Neymar's, doesnt mean they are any less "naturally" talented.

9. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Look the reason Ronaldo is able to keep up with Messi is because he has brilliant shooting power, heading, speed, strength and I rate him for that.

Neymar does not have the same natural talent as Messi but he doesn't have the physical advantages that Ronaldo has.

I'm sure he will be successful but not to the level people are hyping him up to be.

Often people with less natural talent can go on to be better than more gifted players by having the right attitude and working hard.

That's why when Cristiano hangs his boots he would have had a better overall career than Ronaldinho.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One good defensive midfielder doesn't make a good defense. Mascherano can't handle the deficiencies of the Argentine midfield and defense by himself. Argentina has had these issues for years now. So while their attack is brilliant (and finally seems to be clicking), their defense will most likely do them away.

Puyol is sort of irreplaceable, but Spain could cope without him. While Fabs, Silva, Mata are all good, but Xavi and Iniesta are one of a kind. Iniesta will be 30 in 2014 and could still do well but Xavi will be 35.

Yes they are not the ruthless Germany of the 80s and 90s, but they are young talented and hungry for titles. I wouldn't dismiss them.

Kaka is actually looking good. Nobody today will have better close control than Messi, but that's not everything. And while I don't expect Neymar to reach his levels, he could do a lot better than Robinho. And BTW ... I really doubt you remember how Rivaldo and Ronaldinho were at 20. Unless you follow the Brazilian championship. So unless you prove me wrong I am calling BS on that comment.

Denilson was extremely talented but extremely selfish and didn't have a footballing brain. Neymar does. Big difference.

Neymar is not only about skills. To say Neymar doesn't have natural talent is absurd. You don't score goals like he does and dribbles without natural talent. What he doesn't have is Ronaldo physique and the low center of gravity that Messi has. Which is BTW one of the things that makes Messi so tough.

11. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Puyol is not irreplaceable, he wasn't even at the Euro's and Spain still won. I remember Robben completely outpacing him in the world cup final on two occassions. 30 is not old at all for a player like Iniesta, who has never really relied too much on speed. But yeah I don't think Spain will win, they will find it tough against skillful teams like Argentina (with their passing style) and perhaps Brazil. Personally I hope they don't win, their play is too safe for my liking and usually they only look really threatening when Jesus Navas comes on and tries to run at players.

Yes I admit that I didn't see Ronaldinho or Rivaldo at 20, but what I did see from them was superior technique, the ability to control a ball in any situation, I think this does not change much as a player gets older, you either have it or don't.

12. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    As long Mano is coach we will not win in 2014. We lost to France,Germany,Mexico twice and have not beaten no top ten team. We have a good team but Mano's tactics is not helping when he keeps calling up Damiao or Neves. I just have a bad feeling we will crash out early. I do not trust Mano. Spain and Germany are a bit better then us right now. I am not so sure for 2014. Italy,France,Mexico,Germany,Argentina,Portugal are all tough teams that we have to beat to win. And since Mano has taken over we have failed to beat most of them(we will face Portugal twice next year so we will see what happens). So as long Mano is coach bad things are coming. If we played against Spain I do not even think we can beat them. Mano just is horrible and makes Dunga look like a genius. Spain is in decline but will be a problem. Germany is what is worrying me. They are young,talented and hungry for a title. They will come roaring in 2014. Argentina is all offense and no defense. They just hope to outscore you. But what happens when they face a tough defensive team like Italy? They will be stuck. Anyway for Brazil we are favorites and have a team to win but I think it will be the coach that cost us a Hexa.

Now about Neymar he needs to go to Europe now. The reason is because that is where the tough competition. He is a better player then Robinho so he has a chance to be successful in Europe. I want Neymar to go to PSG or Barca those teams and leagues will be perfect for his style of play. He dribbles and has speed and pace. He needs to put on weight but he will. To compare him to Messi or CR7 is way to early. My only worry is that will he get playing time. Robinho had this problem in real Madrid. So hopefully wherever he goes he gets solid playing time. The thing is he needs to go to Europe to flourish and become a great player. I prefer him going to Chelsea,PSG,Real Madrid or Barca.

13. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you look at the teams of the posters that are saying neymar will be another robinho, and you'll understand why they are such haters. Most of them are premier league fans and they always have this thinking that anybody that doesnt play in premier league sucks. They overrate their english players as if they are world class just because they play in premier league.

But look at any league around the world and you will see that no british player is playing because nobody wants them outside their borders. Heck the only recognizable player in another league is beckham and he is in MLS.

Is just pure jealousy in the part of other countries fans when they say neymar sucks and is overrated. Now they say that oscar is better than neymar because he has had a few good two months at chelsea. If oscar was still in brasil they would be saying he is another overrated brasil player.

Lucas Moura is overrated, neymar, damiao, anybody that's not in europe is overrated on their part.
    [​IMG]

Confederation and world cup winning team with alex sandro, damiao, giuliano, william, costa, dede, coutinho, romulo, coming of the bench

[]__[]

14. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Oscar took less than a week

[]__[]

15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think Kaka's inclusion to 2014 squad is interesting. I mean, I think Brazil needs seen-it-all star or two to help the squad, which otherwise seems so young. As for Kaka's on-pitch contribution, I think it would be the best if he got a bit more playing time - which obviously is hard to do in Real Madrid (but then again, I dunno how realistical it is that he moves elsewhere before WC) and one must think that if Kaka can't get minutes in his club, he isn't that good anymore - and if he is happy to sit on a bench, he is not motivated enough.

But it's a challenge for Brazil to include enough experience to their squad without compromising quality, and experience is important in WCs.

16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I dunno. I think the consensus outside Brazil is pretty much that Neymar is a great player, and a very promising one, but due to his young age and lack of confrontations with the best competition, he shouldn't be yet seen as the great player he might become in the future. Some people underrate him, some people overrate him, but that's football and that's true with every notable player.

17. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Lucas Moura is not overrated he has the potential to be a great player. He is just at a development point. Plus he is going to PSG in two months and will be a great asset for that team. In 2-3 years he will be a great player. Second I agree with your formation with the exception of pato and Danilo Silva. Pato keeps getting injured and is not on form. Instead bring Luis Fabiano to the #9. Danilo should be in the midfield he is all offense and not that great at at defending. Marcelo attacks but is a great defender at the same time. Instead bring Luis Fabiano to the #9. . Yeah he is old but he has experience. Casemiro is good but the Ramires and Paulihno combo is very good and provides a strong back and they both can contest passes.

18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Luis Fabiano as Brazil's first choice center forward in the 2014 World Cup? No way.

Besides, it's not about the dream XI anyway, it's about the squad as can't know who is hot in 18 months, who is cold, who is injured etc and what kinda formation will be used (not to mention the XI won't be identical in all the matches).

19. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Agree on first one, but not thesecond one/Robinho was unfortunately got caught in a "glacticos" team with the untouchbales in Ronaldo Zidane Figo and Raul at times (remembereven Owen was on bench and Beckham had to play as holding and box to box MF!

It might be the same situationat Real now if Neymar would go there (like Kaka on bench) unless, Mourinho will be gone (as he stuck with Higuain, CR7 Ozil and di maria as his TOP4 attackers

At Barca Neymar shall have huge chance to beat Villa or Pedro/Sanchez on either side (but not Messi surely) - same with PSG (he shallreplac old Nene)\

at Chelsea, he might be ON/OFF in turn with either Mata or Hazard/Oscar

20. Rivelino87

Rivelino87 Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston, Ma
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    You do realize they are both 5 years apart, with Messi having 5 years (about half the length of the career of a pro footballer at the highest level) of European experience over Neymar?

21. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am more concerned to what impact Europe will have on him. I hope he stays in Brazil for a few years or, even better, never have to play there.

22. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What's so bad about Europe?

23. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar needs to go Europe as soon as possible, end of story... Right now he is just time wasting, hes a big fish in a small pond.
    And thats where he will go because he has said he dreams of playing in Europe but the time isn't right yet, he will either leave 2013 or after 2014 world cup, im very sure on that.

24. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That statement is ridiculous. The best players in the world are from South America. Pelé never played in Europe and never needed this in order to be the best player in history. As a matter of fact, It was after the 80's, when European clubs started 'stealing' our players, that our football declined. I believe playing such pragmatic and physical game have an adverse effect on them.

Neymar needs to solidify his style before he plays in Europe. The guy is too young.

25. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Currently the best aren't from South America, though. For example, in the Ballon d'Or shortlist, there are only 4 South Americans in the top 23 players (Neymar, Falcao, Aguero and Messi). As for history, it is of course brighter in that sense -> but it's history and not the current state nonetheless.

Also: lol stealing. All sides agreeing a deal isn't stealing.

After the 80's, Brazilian football has done just ok. World Cup success, players being recognized as the best in the world and many playing in the top level clubs, and in key roles in them. But it's just reality that the best players need to beat the other best players in order to be recognized as the best, and since the majority of them plays in Europe, you can't stay in Brazil like you were able in the Pele days. And of course, Pele's reputation isn't only based on his club football feats.