Neymar, 2012 and beyond [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by IVO !, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Excellent - well said.

And I completely agree that the chalenges Neymar today has taking Santos to the FIFA World Cup of clubs, and winning it, is far greater than the chalenges Neymar would encounter helping take Barca to titles playing along side of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Dani Alves.
    And BTW Barca Coach just resigned.

2. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    With his ridiculous hype, he supposed to be the heir to Ronaldo. Which would mean at least 1 WC and a few player of the year awards. As far as levels go; I think people would be satisfied if he reached prime Ronaldinho level but with a little more longevity.

I personally have set my expectations low for now. I have been disappoint far too much in the last few years so I am not ready to set the bar high yet. With every little he does, my expectation rises. It at the point right now if he continues to play well for the nt then I will be satisfied.

3. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Oh, Libertadores is definitely a tough tough tough to win. No doubt. Tougher than Champions League? Dunno, probably not.

It is true though that in Europe Neymar would probably be surrounded by great players as it's impossible to see him go anywhere but a top-top club. That said, that's how it is for everyone who wants to be amongst the top footballers of the world. If you're gonna be a major football legend, you're gonna have to play with top level teammates.

As for my expectations with Neymar, I see him being a central piece of one of the toughest NTs for the next 3 World Cups if he is healthy and focused, probably gonna feature relatively high in the WPOTY votings for many years to come, maybe earning numerous top ten spots, maybe a few top three spots if things go really well (and it's not impossible to see him even win it if things go really really well). In club football, he's gonna play an important role wherever he goes. I just wish he keeps his feet on the ground and not get carried away with pressure and expectations and hype.

4. Vinícius Nakamura

Vinícius Nakamura New Member

May 8, 2012
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Well, until last year i have my doubts about the Neymar, his future, etc... In brazil, an great player often appears, but doesnt keeps on the track for so long as he, and not with his intensity, his capacity of decision in playoffs for example.
    But, his great performances in almost all matches makes me feel what the people feel about Pelé era. I mean, everybody says that felt before the game starts that Pelé would make the difference with certainty, its just a question of wait to see how he does. So, this isnt about maths: Pele = Neymar; Neymar > Messi; Messi > Neymar; this is about the feeling and the certain that he will make something awesome during a match, its like a magical feeling around, that i never felt before. (and i'm supporter of an rival team). Well, maybe with Ronaldo golden era(1996, 1997), but is not the same.
    But, for a comparison matter, i only can say that Santos doesnt have a great team, its an B+ grade(being optimistic), nevertheless has winning games easily. Im really not exaggerating when i say that is because of Neymar(Ganso used to make difference too, but now he isnt in good form). So, i will never say "X is better than Y", but i can undoubt say that Neymar makes more difference for Santos than Messi for Barça, or C.Ronaldo for Madrid. IMO.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Whats everyone favorite Neymar goals in the last year ?

6. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    My favorite Neymar goal, and my favorite game of the past year :D

7. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Full Highlights for that game in case anyone is interested:

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pretty much best game I saw all year last year but people still say the Brasilerao is boring go figure.

9. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    only people that say is boring are jealous european fans.. they think is better to watch a game between levante and betis than a brasil game or they like to see the 100million dollar team madrid score five goals vs osasuna who has a five million dollar payroll

[]__[]

10. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Neymar does it again, ties it up on aggregate. Makes a very good initial pass, but then he doesn't give up on the play like so many others would, and gets the rebound.

11. Gabriel Moreno

Jun 4, 2012
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar has only played well against weak opponents. Look what Corinthians did today. Some good defense and the kid can't play.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh please come on man that was one of the best bunkers I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

13. Jetd

Jetd New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Messi thought Neymar a good lesson.

14. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Good old Ronaldo's been running his mouth again, spouting the whole Neymar to europe thing. Well Ronaldo I have news for you, i'm 85% sure that within the next 2 years, Nilmar, Robinho and even Kaka will return to Brazil. Add those to the current crop of returnee's, and other big names coming over, and Brazil is looking mighty attractive.

15. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo is only pushing for Neymar to go to Europe is bc he will also cash with the 9ine company that handles Neymar's marketing image. Typical Ronaldo nonsense.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes: pure nonsense to suggest that a player who is talented enough to maybe become one of the great players of his generation should try his wings at the top level club football. :whistling:

I mean it's not like it's an attack towards the all-the-time evolving Brazilian club football. As for Nilmar, Kaka and Robinho returning, it sounds plausible enough to me. But they're in a very different phase of their career than Neymar is. Would've been dumb for Kaka to not move Europe ever, same with Dinho, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romario, Roberto Carlos and so on and on.

17. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    well does NOT Neymar play mostly as a wide forward for Santos? He drifted left a lot ... anyway.

At this time in this era, there is NO REAL WINGERS. CR7 plays as wide left FW with Benzama as a "decoyed 9" and Di maria as Wide right. At Barca, Pedro, Iniesta Sanchez or Cecs all played as wide forwards for Messi as false 9 in middle any way!

If Neymar would come to play for Barca (best choice) he could play well on eitehr side of Messi. The fact that many (of us here) is a bit "nationalist" and/or Selfish to keep Neymar in Brazil.

I don;t care Ronaldo or Neymar's father (or Santos) whoever got money out of teh transfer, but I think, it's BEST for Neymar to go playing in top clubs of Europe (for Brazil WC14 sake, and also for his own "stardom" build up)

18. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    For me Neymar should stay in brasil for a while longer because he needs to grow as a player. The one thing that worries me about Neymar is that he will face what happened to Robinho at Real Madrid. Robinho was benched and rarely used. I want Neymar to go to a team that will use him day one and he would get minutes. I do not want a team to use him as a supersub.

19. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Compare Neymar to Robinho is good as they possessed similar quality at young ages. However situation might be different:
    1- I see Neymar is already better than Robinho in vision, passing ....
    2- Robinho came to Real and (of course) he could not compete with Zidane, Ronaldo Raul Figo of all big names ... and legends.

Now Neymar could easily break into any top teams starting XI, even Barca, Real, ManU, Milan Chelsea Man City you name it. So it's a bit pessimistic to think he will be on bench and that also diminish his talents per se.
    If Neymar could develop 1 in Brazil, he would be even better in bigger leagues (with better system, tactics, team mates , coaching, and especially experience vs bigger opponents.
    If he stays in Brazil (whihc is fine and good for Brazil leagues) he would be rather "SATURATED" in skills and DULL in tactics - as no competitions, no real PRESSURE-

note he is already a KING in Brazil league ... it's time for him to learn and prove to the WORLD

20. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This sums up the Neymar case pretty well IMO, although it's hard to see him move this summer.

21. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Agree ... it looks like he will be in Brazil for at least another half season 13 .. sadly so since his price tag is a bit too high .. (vs his age)

I just want him to earn more experience in big leagues and big pressure (worldwide) so he shall be "ready" to LEAD Brazil in WC14 ... thats' all

22. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    I agree that is why Neymar still needs to grow and mature in Brazil. I think after the World Cup he should go to Europe but the way Santos is playing lately he might want to leave sooner. I think Spain or England would be a good fit for Neymar. Right now is not a good time for him to leave he needs more growth and more maturing.

23. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    mmm I think otherwise ...
    an example how to make a teen (17,18) to become more mature?
    1- Keep him at home longer?
    2- Send him abroad or to dorm ?

Scenario #2 is most likely the answer!

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  24. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Do you think he'll find the same level of success as Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Kaka?
    Or will he go the way of Robinho and Denilson.

Personally I think he will be a better version of Robinho in the way that Robinho was better than Denilson.
    I don't think he'll reach the same heights as the above legends, due to his very weak physique, attitude problem and over elaborate style.

The guy should not move to Madrid or Barca, what happened to the days when Brazilians used to start at smaller clubs like PSV, Deportivo and PSG before making the move to the giants?

25. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hey everyone Its been awhile since ive posted on bigsoccer, although i still check through the forum every now and then.
    Anyway I think Neymar has potential to be on the same level as those Brazil legends and Messi, but ive said this many times he needs to get out of Brazil and go Europe so he can become better and develop his game. He is too big for Brazil and is just wasting his time, Neymar is the best in brazil and everyone knows that, now its time for him to leave and see if he can become the best in the world because he has the potential.