Next BOSS Meetings

Discussion in 'Terminus Legion' started by Indiscretion, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Killakakam

Killakakam Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just called the Brewhouse and the woman I spoke said as of now they are not planning on showing it. She based this on the idea that the U.S. was already in the Cup and there wouldn't be a turnout!

I told her they were NOT officially in yet, but would be with a win in Hon. She was like "oh good to know, maybe we will so stay updated." I also told her I would be willing to pay a cover charge of maybe 10-20 bucks, which is def worth it. So EVERYONE CALL!

With a good many more calls we may be able to persuade them that there would be a good turnout. We need to stress to the management that this game is essential and there should be a huge turnout. Plus, if you're willing to pay a cover charge mention that. Nothing speaks louder than money.

CALL NOW!

Edit: Whoa, Indiscretion posted at exact same time...I think we should try Brewhouse some more with some calls to express interest, but if yall think we should try somewhere else ok. (If the bar allowed 18 yr olds in that would be nice)

2. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    after doing some prelim research these are the bars that will show the game so far..of course they are all mexican bars so we might have to cancel the Oct 10th meeting :(

CORONAS BAR
    678-362-1480
    5265 UNION CARTER ATLANTA GA 30093

CONFETIS DISCOTEQUE
    678-754-8994
    3045 BUFORD HWY ATLANTA GA 30329

LA CASA NIGHT CLUB
    404-934-7502
    3747 BUFORD HWY NE ATLANTA GA 30329

MILAGRO RESTAURANT
    404-361-9677
    5592 OLD DIXIE HWY FOREST PARK GA 30297

CONTIGO PERU 3
    770-925-1274
    605 INDIAN TRAIL LILBURN RD NW LILBURN GA 30047-3789

IMPACTO RESTAURANT
    678-763-3530
    4624 JIMMY CARTER BLVD. NORCROSS GA 30093

BILLARES CORONA
    678-362-1480
    7000 JIMMY CARTER BLVD. NORTH CROSS GA 30092

3. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i sent a tweet on the boss twitter informing ppl to call brewhouse cafe and ask them to show the game...the number is below....PLEASE CALL and ask them to show the game(even suggest that ppl will pay to see)

(404) 525-7799

4. westau

westau Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently each bar that gets it has to pay something like $1,500 for the game and according to one of the blogs on the front page a cover charge also so I am sure that is why they are not currently planning on getting it.

5. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    got damn!!! 1500?!? :eek: im sure if they charge 10/person they can make that back easily...hell 10 of us want to go see the game already...plus its pretty much the only bar in the perimeter that is showing the game...they really need to capitalize in on this

6. Killakakam

Killakakam Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard it was 2 grand, but yea KEEP CALLING. I would even be willing to pay $20 if thats what we have to do.

7. MPoole

MPoole Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, I saw something interesting that I saw today at Burger King of all places. :eek:

www.futbolkingdom.com

It looks to be the soccer equivalent of and1, and it will be in Atlanta on Oct 18th. Might want to get some guys together with BOSS shirts and bring the business cards to pass out. I would be interested although I don't know what my schedule is looking like that weekend (have to run it by the wife...:()

8. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great find..even better i have the 18th off so i should able to make it..gonna send out an email about this and use twitter as well

9. Killakakam

Killakakam Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks sweet. Also, it looks like a mostly hispanic event, which would be a good demographic to tap into. They would probably make up a large percentage of the Atlanta fan base.

10. Killakakam

Killakakam Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    o shit 4real? repped!! this is being sent out via email immediately

12. Killakakam

Killakakam Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK I know ppl probably get annoyed by me posting all the time, but I guess it's because I am a bored high school student with a lot of down time. Sry.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like that many ppl have been active on the forum for a while (I guess ppl could be viewing and not posting). But I was just wondering:

Who actually plans on showing up for these next two meetings? Post if you are I'm just curious to see.

13. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well of course ill be there...i have already sent emails to people in the area. i have to call Fado back 2morrow though because they are also up in the air about showing it. they told me to call back 2morrow :mad:

14. mls2atl

mls2atl Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ill b there with 3 other friends

15. Killakakam

Killakakam Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Up in the air??? Damn it all to hell. Their site says "only place in town to see this game"... We will pay cover charge. I'm planning on being there if it goes down btw, probably with a friend

16. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok i reconfirmed with Fado and yes they are showing the game

17. westau

westau Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be awful if they put it up on the site and then changed there minds, I have already started lobbying friends to get them to go.

18. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dont worry the owner of Fado called me back and personally told me they will show the game....only thing is that if you are under 21 you must be in the bar earlier than 8.....they start carding at 8

19. Wizard of Osmium

Wizard of Osmium New Member

Feb 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to have to miss out on this one then and just hope for a stream...more than 2 hours before kickoff is just too long for me to just sit around and do nothing. Will we be back to the Brewhouse for Costa Rica?

20. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yep ill let everybody know all the details very soon but yea its the brewhouse on the 14th lol

21. westau

westau Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya I saw your post right after I submitted mine, did they say anything about a cover for the game?

22. Killakakam

Killakakam Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be in the bar before 8 hm? Is it really that simple to just enter before 8, like they wont make me leave? It is tempting seeing as the game is on nowhere else. That would mean over 4 hours spent in the same bar though...Maybe if another game or something was on before it would be worth it. I guess I'll think about it.

23. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no cover..just the thing about being 21 and over.....they card people starting at 8 pm

24. westau

westau Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good deal, all the people with me are around 25-26 so that won't effect us.

25. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would think it would be that easy...he made it seem like if they were in there b4 8 they wouldnt really care i guess. in terms of games being on b4 then i have no idea