News: - The Crew Forum "Screw It, It's The Offseason", Whatever thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KCbus, Nov 28, 2012.

1. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    And that ********er still wouldn't give you a tshirt. What a tremendous dick.

Robbo Crewfan repped this.
  2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    This is so awful it deserves another "what the hell" on a Friday night.

God that video was terrible. That's the best they could do? Sad state of affairs...

Psycho_Derek and Robbo Crewfan repped this.
  3. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had to keep their effort on par with everything else coming out of Crew Stadium right now.

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can only hope. Ye gods, that is just embarrassing.

The only question I have is: who in the hell, after seeing that absolutely wretched video, decided to put it up on YouTube instead of quickly erasing it?

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Be responsible...and you'll score a goal...the fans will all cheer...and we will win."

That's the best I could come up with at this hour.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really do wish the NHL gets its act in gear. When these overpaid millionaires can't agree on a deal, they're really hurting the employees of the arenas who are mostly hourly employees. Fewer events at the arena and everyone from the parking lot attendants to the custodians to the concession workers have fewer hours.

With that said, I am also foreseeing the day MLS overtakes the NHL. By at least one account, it's about on-par with the NBA, and the NHL was vastly ahead of the NBA not all that long ago.

Sadly, I'm also foreseeing the day that most people will still consider the NHL ahead of MLS, despite evidence to the contrary.

7. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    What do you consider "overtaking"? Average attendance per game? TV ratings? Gross revenue?

8. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe they saw the same thing I did: the opportunity to kill the song forever for the Crew.

In that case, bravo.

JayFunkeyFresh repped this.
  9. Nostradumass

Nostradumass BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS will never overtake even the NHL, unless the NHL folds. Despite their issues, the NHL players are still the best players in the world. MLS is the only major sport in the US where the best players in the world play elsewhere. That matters to the average sports fan, according to me.

hardhead repped this.
  10. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The good folks at MCFFC at it again!

[​IMG]

Dominican, CrewV Man, foozer and 5 others repped this.
  11. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to post this.

RT @TrueMLSRumorz: Told an #NFL star will be training with the Columbus #Crew96 for the next season?!?! won't believe who we are being told it is. #MLS #Rumors

12. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    We had the Colts punter last year, so why not him or another NFL player?

13. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tebow Time.

14. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    Has this player not seen our recent history of injuries and the inability to properly bring players back from them? Or is he crazy like a fox and looking to take 2013 off while getting paid to take up IR from his NFL team?

15. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Ochocinco again!

16. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Warren Sapp for GK? :p

(Hey, it's the "whatever thread." Let's have a little fun, right?)

17. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Septic Bladder said some meanie things about MLS to a Qatari interviewer? Isn't this the same Septic Bladder that said racism doesn't exist in soccer?? Also, that FIFA has no corruption issues??

18. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Link for those who missed it: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ides-mls-as-'struggling'-to-take-hold?cc=5901

I love the one remedy he mentions... adhering to the international calendar.

Of course! Competing directly with football, basketball, and hockey (well, maybe next year) would help draw more attention! Nascent MLS fans are just dying to follow the league... if only they played a schedule like the big boys!

And I can't wait to watch the matches played in Montreal or Toronto or New England or Columbus or Chicago or you know, most of the league, in December, January, and February! It's a proven fact that attendance skyrockets when the mercury falls and orange balls equal fun!

As usual, Archer says it better than I.

19. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sepp is such an idiot I'm surprised he's not Canadian. He's basically saying attendance would skyroccket if we changed when we have our games. Really!?!? Could we please make a deal with him where if we switch our calendar and attendance doesn't hit 25k average that he will quit anything to ever do with soccer?

There is so much stupidity in what he says. Too much for my mind to handle. Could you imagine if he was the NHL commissioner?

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sepp's playing to his constituency and trying to show why the World Cup was given he gave the World Cup to Qatar and not the US (it is no mistake who he gave the interview to). It's all politics, frankly....

21. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    That was why I referenced "a Qatari interviewer." He was pandering to the Arab masses. Bashing anything American never gets old over there and Uncle Septic was just playing them along to make them feel good about themselves. Septic is busy trying to garner a Nobel Peace Prize, which I would NOT be shocked if they awarded that to him. If Europe can win the prize because WE, as in American presence, kept order over there, then Uncle Septic can sure win it.

22. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    This pissed me off that I have cleared two weekends on my calendar in April to attend an MLS game that will either be in C-bus, or a road game in the east featuring Crew, or rooting for whoever DCU is playing in RFK (closest stadium nearby me). GFY Septic Bladder.

23. Dominican

Dominican Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Reynoldsburg
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Sepp's mom didn't teach Sepp, "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all."

24. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're always good for a laugh.

25. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FWIW, it snowed in Dallas a few days ago. It's also 49 degrees there right now. That might be warm for us, but I'm sure if you're used to Dallas weather, 49 is anything but warm.