News of the MLS in Spain.

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by patilluky, May 5, 2012.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too bad (for MLS) they were all sold in their primes so someone else could utilize. Is Bocanegra is still playing? Wow he must be pretty old by now. Do you know if he will be liquidated with the rest of the Rangers to the Scottish third tier?

2. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/18/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1342631784.html
    USA / THE LEGENDARY TEAM WILL BE IN THE NASL, 2013
    The return of the New York Cosmos
    The legendary U.S. team of the 70 will play in 2013
    ARCH BELL. AUSTIN 18/07/12 - 19:16.
    imprimeenvía

The return of the New York Cosmos is a reality. The legendary team of 70's, Pele, Johan Cruyff, Carlos Alberto, Johan Neeskens, Giorgio Chinaglia and other stars of the decade, has been reborn and will play in the North American Soccer League (NASL) in 2013.

In fact, former Cosmos lasted 14 seasons, 1971-1984, 1977-1980 were the years but which have survived in the memory of the fans. At the time came Pele, Chinaglia and German Franz Beckenbauer, who gave the team an air of rock star.

However, with the withdrawal of Brazilian output Beckenbauer, the club could not stand the lack of attendance in the stands. Like the rest of the League, the Cosmos could not sustain the debt it had accumulated and the old NASL ceased operations in 1984.

Today there is a modern NASL, with eight teams, which functions as the silver category in football. There remains the Cosmos juegen posilibilidad that a couple of years in the NASL and then become a new team in Major League Soccer (MLS).

"We are delighted to return to the NASL and return to The New York Cosmos," said Seamus O'Brien, president of the club. "We pledge to manage the club with the highest possible standards and to have a competitive team."

3. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/20/fut...4e4b9fcd2d72c7aa3ff2d69c3f146a66&t=1342865629
    MLS / FEEL AT HOME IN YOUR NEW EQUIPMENT
    Boniek Garcia and shines in Houston
    The Houston Dynamo are unbeaten since his arrival, with three wins and two draws
    ARCH BELL. 20/07/12 HOUSTON - 22:03.
    imprimeenvía

Has only been in the U.S. a month, but Oscar Boniek Garcia, Honduran and international franchise Houston Dynamo, already feels at home playing with his new team.

Boniek were with Garcia in the locker room after a win against Dynamo DC United midfielder where his first goal got a shirt of Houston. The Honduran explained that he wanted to look good to justify his signing.

"The truth is he has given me the opportunity and I have to show why I brought you here," said Garcia MARCA.com Boniek and nuance, "things start to give. The computer is for many things and we are in the path to follow. I think we've put together well and that will be good for the team. "

Since his arrival, the Dynamo has not lost a game and has three wins and two draws in their last five games. The game Boniek Garcia has been a key in improving the overall Texas. The player is already making things not done previously with his former club, Olimpia of Honduras. For the first time in his career, the thin wheel scored a header. It happened in the victory against DC United.

"I am very happy and especially to mark in a way," Garcia revealed Boniek. "I was not able to score a headed goal in my career and gave me the chance tonight thank God."

However, the Honduran football is making history in the American League. Boniek's compatriot Garcia, Jerry Bengtson, has also left its mark as a new franchise of the New England Revolution scoring a goal on his debut. To Boniek Garcia, MLS is a league where players can demonstrate their Honduran quality to the world.

"It's very important that people keep coming to the category as Jerry Bengtson, a player who has already succeeded in football in Honduras," said Boniek Garcia. "I have had the opportunity to Jerry and I hope it look better."

Everything seems to catracho football is enjoying a golden age and Boniek Garcia believes the Honduras Olympic team, a rival of Spain in the group stage, looks good to go far in London.

"I think the Prof Sullivan made a good call of the people summoned and as experienced as the case of Roger (Espinoza), Jerry Bengtson and Maynor Figueroa who undoubtedly will be the figure. I hope that all goes well these Olympics, "Boniek Garcia finished.

4. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/23/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1343069097.html
    MLS / THE RED BULLS WILL SPEND THE VICTORIA
    Two goals for the child of Queen
    The victory was dedicated to the son of Claudio Reyna, who died a few days ago by cancer
    23/07/12 - 20:54.
    imprimeenvía

Two goals from Kenny Cooper gave the victory to the New York Red Bulls against the Philadelphia Union last Saturday in Major League Soccer (MLS) in a game full of emotion.

Two days earlier, Reyna Jack died just 13 years old when he lost his fight against cancer. Jack was the son of former Red Bulls player and the U.S. team, Claudio Reyna, a respected figure in the world of football.

With all the home team players wearing a bracelet dedicated to Jack, Cooper scored two goals to break the curse of two months without scoring.

Both goals came from Cooper's header and after the first goal, the former 1860 Munich player off his bracelet and showed it to everyone in the stands could see the name 'Queen'.

For Cooper, it was important that the child would honor the player known as 'Captain America'.

"Claudio has always been a personal hero to me," Cooper said after the game and nuance. "It's obviously a very sad situation. Wanted to do something to honor the son of Claudius. I hope I was able to honor him."

5. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/25/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1343234486.html
    U.S. / BELIEVE IN VICTORY AGAINST THE CHAMPION OF EUROPE
    The All-Stars of the MLS do not fear Chelsea
    25/07/12 - 19:09.
    imprimeenvía

Pride is at stake for the All-Star Major League Soccer (MLS) when they take on Chelsea this Wednesday at PPL Park in Philadelphia.

In the last two years the All-Star team lost to Manchester United's win but this year the American League players believe that things will be different.

"I think we will be much more competitive this year," said Landon Donovan, Galaxy player from Los Angeles to MLSSoccer.com and nuance, "(Coach Ben Olsen) has done a good job in organizing a real team for this match and this will give us a greater chance this year. "

In 2010 Manchester United won the MLS team last year 5-2 and the match ended 4-0 in favor of the English side. But history favors him MLS All-Star games against the London team. In 2006 a goal by Dwayne De Rosario validated the 1-0 win against Chelsea that Mourinho.

It is certainly a game the MLS players are serious and want to show one of the giants of Europe there is a good level in the MLS.

"The most important thing is to represent this league and the talent is here," said De Rosario, current DC United player. "In the past we had more new faces on this team but now we have more experience in this game."

6. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  7. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, look at that-- an MLS team gets its name plastered all over the front page of a Spanish publication.

Oh, and you're telling me that Spain didn't show all its weapons against the USA??? :coffee:

Unak78 and revolution1776 repped this.
  8. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Kaka likes mickey mouse...

sitruc and falvo repped this.
  9. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/26/futbol/futbol_internacional/premier_league/1343288612.html
    Chelsea falls to a team in MLS
    The match was marked by serious mistakes in defense of both teams
    Lampard and Terry scored for England
    Reuters 26/07/12 - 09:43.
    imprimeenvía

The All-Star team Major League Soccer USA (MLS) surprised with a 3-2 win against Chelsea in the traditional annual party marks the end of the first half of the regular season competition American.

The goal of the victory of the combined MLS came in injury time after Eddie Johnson completed a good triangulation between Kyle Beckerman and Chris Pontius to finish on goal and with the help of Brazilian defender David Luiz the ball into the goal of Chelsea.

Beckham left the field on 74 minutes to prepare for the trip to London
    The All-Star team opened the scoring on 21 minutes when striker Chris Wondolowski took advantage of a rebound short defender John Terry did at will and scored 1-0.

Chelsea immediately sought the equalizer (1-1) and reached by mediation of Terry, who finished off a perfect corner kick head made from the right, another veteran, Frank Lampard to compensate for the above error when serving 32 minutes with the score both teams went into the break.

The second half followed the trend of both coaches make changes and again a defensive error, this time All-Star team, allowed Lampard to finish 58 minutes without opposition from within the small area to make it 1-2 favor of Chelsea.

But as the night was football gifts and white collar defense Chelsea slow all night, allowed the Canadian Dwayne De Rosario, who had received a perfect pass from David Beckham from midfield, he put an the ball deep to Pontius, named MVP of the game and should mark the 2-2 draw when they met 73 minutes.

Immediately after gaining the team's second goal of the Stars, Beckham left the field on 74 minutes to prepare for the trip to London, where he hopes to arrive in time to witness the inauguration on Friday of the Olympics.

The tie seemed to leave everyone happy, but the Chelsea defender would make the ultimate gift of the night and allowed Johnson in collaboration with David Luiz attaining the goal of victory, which snapped a two game losing streak for the Stars MLS in the last two clashes against Manchester United.

However, for Chelsea was the second defeat suffered in the All-Star Game in MLS after the 2006 also was defeated 1-0 in the match which was played at Toyota Park, Bridgeview (Illinois) .

The fans had fun with five goals and the local victory, the coach of Chelsea FC, Roberto di Matteo, also left happy because he had the opportunity for young talents were playing minutes to make six changes.

The only Latin player this time was on the list of All-Star team in MLS was Colombian defender Carlos Valdes, of Union, which came on 35 minutes of the first part to replace Aurélien Collin and received a standing ovation.

Two other Hispanic, Michael Farfan, also of Union, which came by Beckham, and Ramiro Corrales took the field in the second half to take a few minutes.

10. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/28/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1343497831.html
    Federico Higuain signed for Columbus Crew
    The largest of the leaves Higuain Colon de Santa Fe and began a new adventure in the U.S.
    Reuters 28/07/12 - 19:50.
    imprimeenvía
    Federico Higuain, elder brother of Gonzalo, tip of Real Madrid, has been passed on Saturday by Colon de Santa Fe Argentina to the United States Columbus Crew.

The Santa Fe sold the whole team founded 18 years ago in Ohio City fifty percent of the information about the footballer, 28, formed in the youth divisions of the River Plate.

"No club can retain a player when he believes that his move abroad is a huge opportunity," said the president of Columbus Germain Lerche, in his account of the social network Twitter.

"Higuain owned half the tab. Was impossible to block its decision that saw a great economic progress. Or we had to force him" to remain in the ranks of red and black team, said the leader.

Federico Higuain played 62 games with Columbus in Santa Fe, scored ten goals and coach Roberto Sensini was considered an important player for the team structure. He also played for Besiktas Turkish, Mexican American and Argentine Independiente de Avellaneda and Godoy Cruz.

11. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    I imagine Najar to Espinoza to Bengston will be some MLS news in Spain.

asoc repped this.
  12. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    Was Mario Martinez involved in the play at all? lol. Unfortunately I didn't think he showed all that well in this game.

13. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    golf clap

14. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/30/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1343601596.html
    The Honduran goal that knocked Spain has the mark of the MLS
    The three protagonists in the Honduran goal-Andy Najar, Roger Espinoza and Jerry Bengtson, who knocked Spain out of the games involved in the American MLS
    ARCH BELL 30/07/12 - 00:39.
    imprimeenvía

Although the United States did not qualify to compete in the Olympic football tournament, the league, Major League Soccer (MLS), has left its mark in London after the victory of Honduras against Spain.

Andy Najar, Roger Espinoza and striker Jerry Bengtson are MLS players and were the great figures in the goal catracho.

It all started with Espinoza, the Kansas City Sporting midfielder, who made a good combination from the left side with Najar, DC United midfielder. The Center for Bengtson Espinoza was perfect. The high striker beat New England Revolution beat Jordi Alba and De Gea with an accurate header.

To Bengtson, who recently joined the team in New England franchise was his third goal in these Olympics. Previously scored twice in the 2-2 draw against Morocco.

Najar, with only 19, returned to be a starter for coach Luis Fernando Suarez and played 57 minutes. Espinoza, one of three players over 23 years on the team, was masterful in midfield.

No doubt, with the performance of these three players, this Sunday was a historic day not only for football but for MLS Honduras.

X@V!3R and Formulaic repped this.
  15. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

ENTREVISTA | TIMOTHY LEIWEKE

"Christian? Seek another Beckham in the future"
    He is the president of AEG, which owns the Staples Center in Los Angeles, the Home Depot Center, the Galaxy (MLS) and Los Angeles Kings (NHL). He was also manager of the NBA and now dreams of an NFL team for the city.

Share on Tuenti3
    YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:

Mourinho: Modric or no
    Calendar

J. L. Guerrero | 02/08/2012
    The Madrid has a very different business model to that of the Galaxy ...
    The brand is the brand name Real Madrid Spanish sports excellence. The Galaxy aspire to become clubs like Real Madrid or Barca. We know we have football, hockey, baseball and basketball, but we need soccer. At the moment we do not have the best players and we can not compare with Madrid. Yes, the Galaxy are not now before. We hope within 20 years tutear to Madrid, but we have much work. For the Galaxy is an inspiration models like the Lakers or Madrid.

Why are you successful in the NBA and the NHL is interested in soccer?
    I grew up in a family of athletes. I started to like in 19 years while playing soccer with my brothers. I could win and I was hooked. It became my favorite sport. I played in college at St. Louis to Kansas City.

Play at the Staples Center Lakers (NBA), Clippers (NBA) and Kings (NHL) and hosts over 200 concerts a year. What gives you more benefits?
    Clearly the sport. Especially in the latter year. All three teams have reached the play-off. One Sunday, three events and 250,000 people. Is not an event place. It is a district. It is a site for conventions, conferences, shops, but mostly home to three franchisees. In Spain we are in talks to build Staples Center in Madrid or Barcelona

Do you know the Bernabeu?
    Yes, it's pretty intimidating.

Do you see any possibility for more business?
    No. The cathedrals of football are in Madrid, Barcelona, ​​London. They have a special essence. In addition, I was in the cities of Madrid and Barca sports and they're spectacular. Have all.

Would you like Florentino transfer policy?
    You spend a bit more than us. The people of Madrid had no idea that Beckham is going to go and we were lucky with his arrival. Does not generate much profit as the MLS team the other teams. Not comparable. The Madrid when setting eyes on a player, has many opportunities to take it. Christian hope come someday, but I do not see players like him in a while. Beckham to seek a new future. We are happy that Jose (Mourinho) love Beverly Hills and Los Angeles (laughs). Let's see something amazing: filled the Rose Bowl, the LA Memorial and now the largest in the world come to our cathedral. A Mou did not like the facilities last year and ordered a change in the stadium.

MLS revolutionized with the arrival of Beckham. How can you keep?
    All focus on it, but do not forget about Keane. There are plenty of clubs chasing our players. Is difficult. It is now more complicated because there are clubs in Russia, China Look at Drogba, who perhaps could have been, but opted for China.

Why not aspire to be the best in the world?
    Out of respect. You have to run the business model. The MLS teams and the world must be put to work in a financial way the balance of the competition. In some places in Europe, football is a hobby and other businesses. We must be conscious of the cost of a player, but what we know about Europe is that the business itself does not make much sense. No care is financial. This is very difficult to compete, pay amounts nonsense. It's about finding a balance. Here hallucinate with what they spend the Galaxy

That is, do not aspire to play with 11 Beckhams
    It is important to the economic order in the franchise in Los Angeles, but also in Dallas. In Spain have a situation in which Real and Barca are very strong and the rest very uneven We must be patient and make the competition attractive to everyone. In America we have a different philosophy. We need more time to bring a Christian, Messi, Raul

What is the player who most likes of Madrid?
    Christian. Messi is the best in the world, but Cristiano is special. He does things that I have not seen anyone. I like the personality of Kaka.

16. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we sticky this quote in the "You Be the Don" forum?

17. CapeCodFutbol

CapeCodFutbol Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Article from Barcelona on Oriol Rosell's signing with Sporting KC:

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20120802/mundo-barsa/oriol-rosell-rumbo-a-kansas_54331574628.html

"Curiosamente, su entrenador será Peter Vermes, que como futbolista fue compañero de Tito Vilanova y Aureli Altimira en el Figueres. Entre los jugadores más destacados, destacan el portero Jimmy Nielsen, el defensa Aurelien Collin, los centrocampistas Julio César, ex del Real Madrid, y Graham Zusi, el mediapunta Roger Espinoza, autor de la asistencia del gol de Honduras frente a España en los Juegos, y el delantero Kei Kamara."

Curiously, his trainer will be Peter Vermes, who was a teammate of Tito Vilanova (NB: new manager for Barcelona) and Aureli Altimira in Figueres. The most well known players include goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen, defender Aurelien Collin, midfielders Julio Cesar (ex Madrid), Graham Zusi, and Roger Espinosa, who assisted on the goal for Honduras against Spain in the Olympics, and forward Kei Kamara.

And the comments:

lucas | 03/08/2012 | 15:14h
    que suerte! va a poder usar a google fiber!

(How lucky! He can use google fiber!)

18. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/08/05/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1344187533.html
    U.S. / MOURNING IN THE MLS
    Kirk Urso died, Columbus Crew player
    Rookie of the set of Ohio was only 22 years
    ARCH BELL 05/08/12 - 20:11.
    imprimeenvía

This Sunday is out in the U.S. press the sad news of the death of Columbus Crew player Kirk Urso. It is not yet resolved the cause of death of midfielder. It is the first time in the history of Major League Soccer (MLS) that an active player is dead.

MLS Commissioner Don Garber issued a statement expressing his condolences to the family and Urso said the American League will honor the player.

"We are saddened by the death of Kirk Urso," Garber said. "We mourn the death of Kirk and give our condolences to his family. Matches Sunday in MLS will keep a minute of silence for him."

Urso played the first five games this season with the Crew, but was injured due to adductor tendinitis. His last game was April 28 at Vancouver.

Urso became champion of college football in 2011 with the University of North Carolina where he was captain.

He also played in the World Under-17 in 2007 in South Korea with the United States.

19. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/08/09/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1344524599.html
    WANT "help out" IN AMERICAN LEAGUE
    Mourinho: "I would come to the MLS"
    "The competition is well organized," said the coach of Real Madrid
    However, no interest in the selection of the country because before I would go to Portugal
    ARCH BELL 09/08/12 - 17:03.
    imprimeenvía

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has admitted he would be interested in coaching one day in Major League Soccer (MLS) in the U.S. The Portuguese so told The New York Times, a few hours before the friendly against AC Milan at Yankee Stadium in New York.

"I would come here," Mourinho confessed. "Step by step is improving (MLS) and someday I want to throw a hand," he added.

The Luso just passed its third consecutive summer in Los Angeles to Madrid and previously in four U.S. tours while on his way to Chelsea and Inter Milan. It is certainly a country that knows very well and in that time has had the opportunity to assess the local teams. Mourinho praised the quality of American League and good structure found in the United States soccer.

"The competition is well organized," said Mourinho. "Of course players who come today are in the final stages of his career, but I think the MLS can attract a little earlier, when they have 29 or 30 years. The quality of football is good and their commitment is positive. They want to win, play well and show good qualities, "he reasoned Mourinho.

Last summer, Jurgen Klinsmann took the queens of the U.S. team after the final failure of the Gold Cup against Mexico, when he won the Tri Bob Bradley set 4-2. It is rumored that Mourinho could be a candidate for reemplezarlo after the 2014 World Cup, but the 'Special One' was adamant in his promise to his countrymen to become Portugal coach before any other selection.

"The Portuguese people would be very sad if I came to be coach of the United States, because I have been waiting since a long time," he said. However, Mourinho has a clear desire to live and work in the U.S., but does not know the exact date. So far, in Europe it has much to accomplish.

"For me it is too soon. I need to enjoy Europe's major competitions. But someday I want to come," he concluded.

20. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Yeah, these chumps: Diaz Arce, Etcheverry, Ruiz, Cienfuegos, Moreno, Cerritos, Machon, Guevara, Savarese and Valderrama sure stunted the growth of MLS. :rolleyes:

21. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/08/13/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1344866963.html
    FRIENDLY IN THE AZTECA STADIUM
    Klinsmann has its 'Mexican'
    U.S. will play against Mexico team with six Leaguers MX
    Some prominent players like Dempsey and Cherundolo, are not called
    ARCH BELL 13/08/12 - 16:09.
    imprimeenvía

The U.S. coach, Jurgen Klinsmann, has several surprises with her latest call for 22 players, who played a friendly on Wednesday against Mexico in Azteca Stadium. Is a group with Hispanic flavor, by the call of six Leaguers MX, five Mexican-Americans: Edgar Castillo, Herculez Gomez, Michael Orozco-Fiscal, Jose Torres and Joe Corona.

Another novelty was the number of players in Major League Soccer (MLS) that will travel to Mexico with the selection. Nine players will face the MLS team Chepo de la Torre. One of them, Landon Donovan, hopes to play his game number 144 with the U.S., while two defenders, Matt Besler and Steve Beithasour have been convened for the first time. Chris will also Wondolowski, the current top scorer in MLS, which has added 17 goals this season.

Perhaps most notable has been the absence from the U.S. group. Jozy Altidore, the former Villarreal player, was not called due to injury. Other players like Michael Bradley, of Rome, Steve Cherundolo, Hannover, and Clint Dempsey, Fulham, stay off the list of German. Klinsmann said he did not call because many players are in their pre-season with their teams and so far, are not fit to play 90 minutes.

Despite having a group with less experience in international games, Klinsmann is optimistic about his chances of getting a good result at the Azteca.

"We are excited about the opportunity to join this group and challenge to Mexico for a win," said Klinsmann. "We have many veterans and new players are very hungry they deserve a chance."

Full list of invited:

Goalkeepers: Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake).

Defenders: Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steven Beithasour (San Jose Earthquakes), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim).

Midfielders: DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City).

Front: Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes).

22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/08/28/futbol/futbol_internacional/argentina/1346106758.html
    MLS / in two games, three goals and an assist
    Federico Higuain, the 'crack' of the week
    8/28/12 - 00:46.
    imprimeenvía

Argentine midfielder Federico Higuaín, Gonzalo brother, played for Real Madrid, has needed only play three games in Major League Soccer USA (MLS) and his team, the Columbus Crew, to be named Player of the Week.

The prize, awarded by the Association Higuain Journalists covering information from the MLS in the United States and Canada, was in recognition of the three goals he scored and provided assistance in the two games played for the Crew last week corresponding to the twenty-fifth day of competition.

Higuain scored a goal, his first in the MLS, and made a touchdown pass in a 2-1 win that last Wednesday the Crew got against Toronto FC.
    On Saturday scored two goals from two separate direct shots to the Columbus Crew 4-3 conquer the New England Revolution.

Higuain signed last month by the Crew and immediately felt his impact on the game and the team winning results wearing a tie and two wins.

The new acquisition of Crew arrives to fill the position vacated by his compatriot Guillermo Barros Schelotto, who was the player who led the team to its only championship in MLS in 2008, which also was the winner of MVP of the league.

Higuain is the third player this season Crew gets the prize after it won the Venezuelan and Costa Rican Emilio Renteria Jairo Arrieta, who on Saturday also scored twice, including the fourth and decisive victory gave the Columbus Crew

24. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/08/29/futbol/futbol_internacional/mexico/1346192422.html
    MLS / Latics INTEREST IN HONDURAS
    Wigan goes for Roger Espinoza
    The midfielder was selected figure of Honduras at the Olympics
    ARCH BELL 29/08/12 - 00:31.
    imprimeenvía

After a great performance at the Olympic Games with Honduras, Roger Espinoza Wigan is the goal of English, who wants to recruit the midfielder of Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer (MLS).

According to British newspaper The Mirror, the Latics want to close the signing before this Friday for the Honduran comes together as soon as possible. It is also said that the Catalan Roberto Martinez, manager of the club, he has contacted Espinoza expressing their desire to sign him.

It would be a novelty if it were the Honduran Wigan. The club have told before with Hendry Thomas, fellow of Espinoza, who recently left the club after three years. In addition, defender Maynor Figueroa, also a Honduran, play the Martinez orders.

Born in Puerto Cortes, Espinoza is in his fifth season with Kansas City where he played 108 games. He was called by the Honduran coach Luis Fernadez Suarez to be in London and had a memorable tournament. He assisted on the goal that eliminated Jerry Bengtson Spain in the group stage and then scored a goal against Brazil in the quarterfinals. He was dismissed for a second caution in the same game but was cheered by the fans at St. James Park in Newcastle.