News of the MLS in Spain.

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by patilluky, May 5, 2012.

1. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made a joke about how drunk the Spanish were, and then questioned your use of the word "the" prior to the acronym MLS. "the Major League Soccer" does not make sense. That fake grammar lesson was also supposed to be a joke, and it gets brought up a lot by MLSsnobs that hate when eurosnobs say "the" MLS. Again, it was a joke.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh ok , no big. I'm pretty sure no one in Spain yesterday thought about Major League Soccer.....

well Maybe Leo Messi.....;)

3. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I thought in the MLS why post here the news. PD.And let's be clear that i am Spanish and held until the early morning hours the victory of Spain in the European championship.:)

Qdog and Unak78 repped this.
  4. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    MLS stands for Major League Soccer, hence saying "the MLS" is poor grammer.

5. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes it is poor grammar. but there is a lot of that on the internet and on these boards that nobody ever talks about. But god forbid you accidentally put "the" in front of MLS.

6. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I'm just point out what someone else pointed out first and then I posted a video about Grammar Nazis.

USvsIRELAND repped this.
  7. InTheKnow67

InTheKnow67 Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
  8. trip76

trip76 Member

Jul 17, 2007
    North East USA
    It is not actually poor grammar, as the treatment of the acronym is an ongoing debate with no codified correct.

fatbastard repped this.
  9. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria

10. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/05/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1341525033.html
    FROM FRONT MOTAGUA
    Bengtson, the new Honduran MLS
    ARCH BELL 05/07/12 - 23:57.
    imprimeenvía

Jerry Bengtson is already played the New England Revolution of Major League Soccer (MLS), after signing a contract with the Honduran becomes the second 'franchise player' for the team in Massachusetts.

With this signing and the previous entry Boniek Oscar Garcia in the Houston Dynamo, now two franchise players in MLS from Honduras.

Born in Santa Rosa de Aguan, Bengtson is a striker from CD Motagua, where he played 54 games and scored 24 goals in two seasons.

Bengtson is also one of the important parts of the Honduran National Team. He played 22 games with the Catrachos with a figure of eight goals including three runs in the Gold Cup 2011.

Spanish fans will have an opportunity to concoct Bengtson this summer in the Olympic games, when Honduras faces Spain on July 29. Under Olympic rules, are allowed three players over 23 years on each computer, and 25 years, Bengtson is one of them for coach Luis Fernandez Suarez.

A Revolution Bengtson interested to sign for his ability to score goals. With only 22 goals in 19 games, you need an improvement in attack and everyone in New England Bengtson expect high quality contribution to the team.

"We are pleased that we have added to Jerry," said Michael Burns, manager of the Revolution and nuanced: "It is well known to within CONCACAF and is a scorer for club and national team."

New England is seventh in the Eastern Conference with 19 points.

11. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/beckham-sancionado-lanzar-balon-contrario/20120706dasdasftb_3/Tes
    Beckham, signed by throwing the ball at an opponent
    Hit the ball from long range and hit a player from San Jose, who was lying in the area, just after a corner. Then Beckham faced the rest of the field.

David Beckham's rebound against the San Jose Earthquakes
    VIDEO - 07/06/2012
    The English player of the L.A. Galaxy was furious at how Cronin, who plays for the San Jose Earthquakes, he would set down in the discount. Since the band Beckham hit a ball to the player and faced with multiple opponents. The action cost him a yellow field and a one-match ban in depachos.

Beckham
    CHARACTER - A FUND
    Birth: 02/05/1975

Los Angeles Galaxy
    ORGANIZATION - A FUND
    Foundation:
    EP | 06/07/2012
    English midfielder David Beckham Los Angeles Galaxy has been banned for one game by Major League Soccer (MLS) for "provocative" after throwing the ball to an opponent, when he was lying on the floor, and subsequent aggressive reaction.

The ex-captain of the England team hit the ball from long range and hit a player from San Jose, who was lying in the area, just after a shot from a corner. Beckham, immediately afterwards, he faced the rest of rivals, like the end of the crash.

The exmadridista, who saw the yellow card in the last minute of the game, understood that the opponent was wasting time by the favorable outcome (4-3) reached the end. The MLS has deemed insufficient punishment and Beckham has made ​​a match penalty, which comply with Chicago Fire.

Unak78 repped this.
  12. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/10/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1341941056.html
    MLS / INTERVIEW WITH THE LEADING MEXICAN FIRE
    Pavel Pardo good example in Chicago
    "I like the MLS wants to look to European football, fast and touch"
    "I see the Mexican strong, focused and psyched"
    ARCH BELL 10/07/12 - 19:24.
    imprimeenvía

There are gray in the beard of Pavel Pardo and his speed is not that of other times, but the smile of the Mexican, who soon turns 36, has not changed anything in his second year with the Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer (MLS) .

Brown came to the 'Windy City' last summer and will continue with the Fire two years after renewing his contract in January. He is a player in the last years of his career, but still maintains a leadership role with the Chicago Fire.

We were with Brown in the locker room after the Fire a league match against the Houston Dynamo and the ex-player teams America, Atlas, Tecos UAG and German Stuttgart

- How is the Chicago Fire?
    - I'm happy. I'm fine on the computer. We are fighting and seek again the playoffs and be a team player. We continue the fight and we're not so far from the top. Now enter the second half of the tournament and must be well.

- Do you think the level of the MLS is comparable with the Mexican league?
    - Will take to reach the same level of Mexican soccer. We must be honest and realistic. It is a competitive soccer, which physically runs and is on par with the best, but lacks technique and tactics. He's learning. The teams are improving. One thing I like is to try to look to European football, fast and touch. Latinos are more than wit and skill.

- How will I teach young people on the team? Use words or your game?
    - Both. It all starts with an example, with actions in training and matches as well. If you want to teach, we must lead by example in actions. Actions speak for themselves.

- How do you feel when you receive the affection of the fans in the stands Mexican here in the U.S.?
    -It's nice because people recognize you and appreciate your career. It is becoming more beautiful when you go to the stadium and find the Mexican people. They ask for the shirt or autograph. The most beautiful football is always the recognition of the people.

- What do you think of the Mexican national team at the moment?
    - I think today has a good selection. Well directed. I see a solid choice, a choice very focused on what you want. It is also very psyched with experience in the aspect of power have the ability to know where they want. This is evident in the field and is playing in parties and that I liked.

13. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, if MLS is going to bring in former stars then they need to make sure that not only are they contributing on the field, but also in the lockerroom, as well. Pardo seems to have settled in quite nicely with the Fire.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think MLS should start thinking about investing in younger and/or newer stars as opposed to Over 34's & 35's. I think the time has come.....I'm sure signing a 22 year old up and coming player would be better in the long run for the league as well as the clubs and I also think the quality and/or levels of play overall would improve. Sooner or later, they have to start thinking about it at least....

15. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not as if they aren't--look at Montero, Fernandez, Castillo, etc.--it's just that it's much easier to convince a player in the twighlight of their careers to take a risk in playing here, than it is to convince an 18 year-old that MLS can help make him a star. That's why the league needs to get the most out of these older players and have share their expertise with younger players.

16. I PINCH!

I PINCH! Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah who doesnt love it when the MLS's marquee name does not get mentioned... :cool:

17. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    I love it, because it means foreign publications think the league is legitimate enough that they don't have to mention Beckham every single time they write about MLS or the Galaxy. You don't think that's a good sign?

Unak78 repped this.
  18. I PINCH!

I PINCH! Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see your point... :)

19. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/14/fut...9d4dfbf84eb9eaa78b8dff9587b777c7&t=1342277763
    MLS / ALL STARS TO PREPARE AGAINST CHELSEA
    Beckham and Henry did not fall from the perfect 11
    Landon Donovan, chosen by the twelfth time for the 'All Star' in MLS

ARCH BELL. AUSTIN 14/07/12 - 00:24.
    imprimeenvía
    Date is approaching All-Star Party MLS and the MLS already have their starters for the match against Chelsea FC on July 25 in Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania). Players are chosen by the fans for his performance in the first half of the season and return some known appear on this ideal alignment ('First XI').

For the second time since coming to MLS in 2010, former player of FC Barcelona, Thierry Henry, played on All-Star game representing the New York Red Bulls. It will also be the player of the Los Angeles Galaxy, David Beckham, who was elected for the third time.

The revelation this year's team, Sporting Kansas City, the current leader of the Eastern Conference will have three representatives from the Blues: goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen, the French defense and ex-Mallorca squad, Aurélien Collin and midfielder Graham Zusi .

The coach of the All-Stars will be Ben Olsen, former U.S. international who heads the group of DC United.

The 'First XI' MLS: Jimmy Nielsen (Sporting Kansas City), Steven Beitashour (San Jose Earthquakes), Aurélien Collin (Sporting Kansas City), Jay DeMerit (Vancouver Whitecaps), Heath Pearce (New York Red Bulls), David Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Dwayne De Rosario (DC United), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Graham Zusi (Kansas City Sportking) Thierry Henry (New York Red Bulls) and Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthqakes).

20. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/16/fut...4e4b9fcd2d72c7aa3ff2d69c3f146a66&t=1342476679
    DALLAS WINS AFTER 13 DATES
    Fabian Castillo ends the curse
    The young Colombian unclog your computer against the Colorado Rapids with his second goal so far this season
    ARCH BELL. AUSTIN 16/07/12 - 18:45.
    imprimeenvía

For the first time in 13 games, FC Dallas got a win. It was thanks to both the Colombian Fabian Castillo, who scored the decisive goal on 81 minutes against Colorado Rapids.

Castillo, 20, is one of three players-franchise in Texas set the template, but luck had not accompanied hasa now in his American home.

The striker had scored only four goals since joining the MLS team in March 2011. In the match against the Rapids was fifth.

And finally came the opportunity to get three points, atneción Furto the Castle to a rebound from the goalkeeper wear. "I could create a little space with my first touch and defined," Castillo told reporters after the game. "I was motivated to score," he added.

The former Deportivo Cali player expected to score against the Rapids can change the sign of bad luck and enjoy the team more wins. "We will celebrate the victories we win more games," said Castillo, knowing that your computer is not for parties to be in eighth place in the Western Conference with just 18 points.

21. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    http://www.marca.com/2012/07/17/futbol/futbol_internacional/estados_unidos/1342476968.html
    CLOSE signing for MLS LEADER
    Oriol Rosell lurks Kansas City
    ARCH BELL. AUSTIN 17/07/12 - 00:16.
    imprimeenvía
    Everything indicates that Oriol Rosell, the former Barcelona B, is about to go to Major League Soccer (MLS) and sign a contract with Sporting Kansas City. Six days ago the defense announced it had terminated its contract with the Catalan club, where he played a few minutes last season's team Eusebio Sacristan. They speak of that would be under two years with the U.S. team.

Apparently, the Spanish club tried to detain him, but the desire to play abroad would have been too attractive to the center.

All of Missouri confirmed the interest in playing with Sporting Rosell did not reveal anything about an offer. "Oriol Rosell was on trial here at the club last month," said Kurt Austin, the press officer of Sporting, to MARCA.com. "But we are not available to comment on whether we have hired."

Born in Puig-Reig, Rosell played the last six years through the ranks at Barca. He made his debut with Barça B last January 14 in a loss to Las Palmas. It seems that the recent inclusion of the subsidiaries of central Barcelona led to his decision to leave. At 20 years, Rosell would enlist in the current leader of the Eastern Conference of MLS. If the deal falls through.

22. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean like Klopas, Fraser, Pareja, Warzycha, Olsen, Kinnear, Marsch, Heaps, Kreis, Yallop, and Vermes?

Or maybe you don't consider that any of them were "good" players?

23. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, too bad guys like Dempsey, Bradley, Altidore, Bocanegra, and Edu didn't start out in MLS when they were young, they really could've made something of themselves.

24. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with that list is that they aren't really bringing anything "new" to the league by moving into a coaching position. What we're looking for are players such as GBS that had great careers, moved to MLS at the end and learned our style of playing...and can then remain/return to the league to provide fresh insight into how the game can be played. The league needs more diversity in tactics, play style, etc. to improve the on-field product.