News & Media II: Articles, photos, videos, etc.

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Bonnie Lass, Jan 26, 2009.

1. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    FWIW, ussoccer.com changed again either yesterday or the day before. Now there are tiles instead of full articles all over the page. It's much better, but it's still missing a lot and leaves a lot to be desired. It looks like they were going for design change and completely forgot functionality.

lunatica repped this.
  2. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. JeffN

JeffN New Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Virginia
    Interesting that Studio 90 blurred out the Adidas logo on the front of the Tyreso uniforms in the stills.

4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Does how ussoccer.com vary based on what type of browser it is loaded on?

5. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    A month later and the U.S. soccer webpage is a disgrace. It's hard to find what little information is there. No stats.

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Any idea when they will announce the friendlies against France in June ?

8. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    Stats are there (http://www.ussoccer.com/womens-national-team/stats) but they are outdated and with mistakes so it would probably be better not to publish it at all.

9. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    But are there stats from previous years? If I want to now how many goals Alex Morgan scored in 2010 (if any), how do I find the info?

And why does it take so long for US Soccer to update the 2014 stats? The poor NWSL produces good stats for every team and every player within a few hours after the match. The rich U.S. Soccer can't seem to keep up, even with far fewer teams and players to deal with.

10. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    You can look up stats from previous years through menu on the left side (but only 2009-2013). For example 2010 is here: http://www.ussoccer.com/womens-national-team/stats/2010-statistics
    But you are right: this is very frustrating that they can't keep up with updating this information. Overall us soccer site is a mess.

11. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Any idea if the website posted an updated historical stats pdf? It usually appears at the end of the year.

12. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    No idea but I wouldn't count on it.

13. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle Reign fans may have already seen this, but I just watched this interview with Leroux and Rapinoe. Since they're both US WNT players and it goes into more of their personal background, I thought WNT fans who are don't keep up with Seattle might like to see it.

14. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013

15. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :rolleyes:

And Southern Cal got China. Where is the 2nd France game?

16. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    sitruc repped this.
  17. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very surprised to see another game in Florida. Nonetheless, I'm going to attempt to make the one in Tampa.

18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Wasnt everyone complaining attendance was down for the Russia game because they had so many games in Florida???

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Damn not the easiest place to go to by public transport, I hope to be able to attend one of those 2 games.

20. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It could be partly to accommodate France, since they're playing Guyana on the 11th. A little less travel if they have a game in the south.

sitruc repped this.
  21. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Well sorta. I think the real problem was the game being in Boca Raton. They had had one there Dec 2012 and had low attendance, and then they have a game there again 14 months later... and had even lower attendance. Other Florida locations (Jacksonville and Orlando) have had better attendance. But why they insist on having so many games in Florida (especially when the excuse is normally that they use it cause it's warm in winter, but this game is in June - not in winter - and Florida is gonna be hot) is baffling.

On the other hand, Hartford/Connecticut hasn't had a game since Oct 2012 and had good attendance last time, so I think that's a good pick.

22. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    #1097 FawcettFan14, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    They should've chosen Portland instead of Tampa. The USWNT would sell out Providence Park for sure. The atmosphere would be epic. Why Florida? It'll be stifling. It's not like the USWNT needs to acclimate to tropical rainforest conditions like the men's team.

23. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Someone on Equalizer suggested they should use these matches to support the league I agree and have mentioned that before myself. In season friendlies should be positioned whenever possible to help league cities. They have the rest of year to play other places. Play France at Toyota and put Press and Johnston in the spotlight and u help sell Red Star tickets. I realize it isnt the same venue in most cases but even in the same city would be a boost. Instead the NWSL got neither game.

24. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Thought this was an interesting graphic:
    463414986044624898 is not a valid tweet id

Sad that Washington (State) has not had any matches at all.

Also, Florida has now had 5 in the last 2 years! 3 states have larger populations than Florida and all have less games: CA (3), TX (3), and NY (2ish, 1 in Harrisburg, NJ).

25. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it will be in the evening so it shouldn't be too bad.