News/Info on MagicJack

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by MRAD12, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    They had one non-player on or near the bench at the Boston game. Not sure what he did other than hand substitution cards to the fourth official.

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. It's all good. Didn't mean for that post to sound like I couldn't take the laughing at my stupidity. Next time I'll include a :D or something. :)

Kinda cool that the Dolphins wanted to recognize players at a game. Hope they give USSF a call and/or USSF gives them a call now.

FYI, Dan, in classic form, posted in the comment section of that article about thirty minutes ago.
    Here's just the start of the flame attempt:

3. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    is that the guy from twitter who is called ImNotDanB. Funny response by whoever did it.

4. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    From the "Dan" reply:
    Great use of irony there.

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the person that responded in the article is actually Borislow. He's got a history or responding in comment sections to articles about him and/or the team and using his name and pic in said comments like is done here.

6. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MJ Playoff tickets are on sale now at ticketbastar

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D00470AF2EB6E98?artistid=1575716&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11

Tickets are $12.00 to 15.00 each for kids (age 3 up to 13) and seniors (62+)
    or $18.00 to 22.00 each for adults.

The game is scheduled to take place at FAU on Wednesday 8/17, 7:30 PM.

(I don't know why this wasn't announced before. Thursday would have made ZERO sense, since the 2nd round game moved up from Sunday to Saturday, and there is also travel involved for whichever winner of the opening round must go to Philly.)

7. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    If the dolphins really want to help...they would buy the team. It's like chump change for them. They know how to organize a team. Since there are very few women playing american football, it would be nice to see them support soccer.

9. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    there was talk that the dolphin president or the owner's son tried to contact magicjack. i'm not sure how accurate that is. one of them is tied into or seems to own a part of the strikers. can anyone confirm that?

they did spend $10M on an over-hyped reggie bush who will do nothing for them other than stay in the training room. that money would run magicjack for 5 yrs.

10. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tim Robbie, son of former Dolphin owner Joe Robbie, and former GM of the old Strikers, has a relationship with the new Strikers too. But I don't think that is who was referred to in the article since his family has sold their interest in the Dolphins in the 80s.

The new Fins' owner way overpaid for the team, and I can't see any reason he would buy another one.

11. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i think it was joe robbie who tried to contact magicjack about playing double-headers with the strikers.

12. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt it, Joe has been dead about 20 years. :)

Tim Robbie maybe....

13. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    it was one of the robbies. i don't keep track of them like that. it was on that striker radio station.

14. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's Tim Robbie, Joe's son & President of the Strikers. Since the Robbie's sold the Dolphins decades ago he's not in any way associated with that team. He's not wealthy enough to take over majicJack

15. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bit disappointing that my second game will be a rematch of my first. Would have liked seeing some new blood. Boston should be less toothless with Cheney though.....

16. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Toothless? If Kelly Smith is back with Cheney, I'd be very afraid if I was MJ. They could catch MJ sleeping and jump on them 2-0 like they did SBFC. probably not, given MJ starts off fast, but you never know. If I was Philly and the League, I'd be afraid with Philly renting PPL and MJ not showing up with the crowd drawing brand names, esp Hope Solo drawing the mobs.

There is one player in the league who is due just one BIG game before the season is over...

[​IMG]

17. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually Kelly Smith is thought very fondly of in Philly and I don't think MJ players would provide a dramatically larger draw here anyway.

I don't think you will see a huge ticket rush after wednesday should MJ not get past Boston.

18. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :rolleyes:

you are joking right? the league hasn't had a WC bump, and MJ's roster isn't a main reason.

that's like saying wny will draw 10,000 in the championship without abby on the visiting team.

19. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game is staying at FAU right? I mean they didn't move it to a bigger place?

20. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct. My understanding is that it is sold out already.

21. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    5000? are they taking more for standing room only?

22. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. abby2004

abby2004 BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 25, 2005
    East Coast
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. katie14

katie14 Member

Apr 17, 2002
    Ohio
    Thanks for the link. For those of you, like myself, who have been wondering what Dan said the Washington Post apparently got copies of the emails and has posted some of the comments.

Honestly this all just sounds like a mess. Maybe they should just relocate the team to Ohio so I can go to the games ;)

25. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007

Ugh...What a prick. I plan to really savor the moment tomorrow at the game. God only knows what will happen at the end of the season. I just do not see how this guy will continue to control the team.

I sympathize with the players when it comes to a hostile work environment. I am in the midst of a whistle blower action right now. It has not been easy. To me, the psychological abuse is no different then if someone physically assaulted you. He should be completely banned from talking or associating with the players.

Anyway I was really enjoying having the ability to be a part of WPS and watch these amazing women play. Sucks :mad: