Newell's old Boys (RESULTS & NEWS) (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by efernandez9, Aug 3, 2003.

1. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    zant and Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  2. zant

zant Member

Sep 7, 2009
    trikala,greece
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tagliafico could be a good replacement for Vangioni.Unfortunately there is no money!

3. zant

zant Member

Sep 7, 2009
    trikala,greece
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    N E W E L L ' S C A R A J O!! Semi finals!!

RacingGirl and cigar_city repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Feliciationes loco!

Keep it up in the Copa.. we need you guys to drop a couple points in whats left of the torneo. :D

cigar_city and zant repped this.
  5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats to Newells! A team like Boca that plays without a striker is a disgrace. Newell's tried, but couldn't break down a team that wanted the penales, in the end, you beat them at their own game.

I think Newell's still deserves to win the torneo final also, but i'd be fine if you left it to us :D

Also, I'd love to see Newell's win the Copa after so many close calls, so you better hope Flu beats Olimpia right now, that way you avoid Mineiro until the Final

Congrats again Zant and Cigar City! You should build a statue to Tata Martino.. un GRANDE de verdad

Oh, and happy birthday Nacho Scocco!!!!!!

zant and cigar_city repped this.
  6. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Ri-fu(king-diculous stress there.

Dan Edwards, formerly of Goal.com, pointed out that TaTa's Paraguay excelled at PKs.

All who kicked, even those who missed, were kicking with great conviction.

The six pack I had during this game might as well have been water.

Exhausted!

NUUUUUUEEEEEEELLLLLLSSSS!!!

7. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Thank you hermano, very much appreciated. I was thinking of you at points during the kicks, you're juegan-por-penales was dead on. I thought La Lepra were fu(ked more than once.

Fortunate to have gone through, but we'll all take it!

The treble hunt lives on!

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I too thought Newell's were done, just because of Boca's luck

When Riquelme stepped up I actually said to my cousin, "siempre patea al medio, que Guzman no se mueva" and lookj what happened!?!?

I said in another thread, but its great to see players like Scocco, Heinze, and Maxi do so well because they returned for love of the shirt, not because they were guaranteed a pay raise or because their plans to play for Chivas USA fell through, like a certain number 10 on the other team who took a 7 month vacation because he was "empty"

I think Newell's also deserves lots of credit with their work in the youth... Tonso, Pablo Perez, Casco, Orzan,Urruti, Guzman, etc...

Another guy who deserves a lot of credit is Bernadi. Great captain.

I hope Newell's takes this cup from the brazilians, and i think it would be great if Martino stays and continues this project even though I know its pretty much impossible for that to happen.

Suerte!!!

zant and cigar_city repped this.
  9. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The league is another story of course, but I'll be supporting you guys in the Copa Libertadores. Martino has put together a great team.

cigar_city repped this.
  10. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think this is the first time boca and river fans have been united in something, we both want newells to win the copa :)

11. zant

zant Member

Sep 7, 2009
    trikala,greece
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    DALE CAMPEON DALE CAMPEON!!

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rivalries Rosario style:

[​IMG]

cigar_city repped this.
  13. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As well as this on june 29 I think will be the superfinal bewtween Nuls and Velez without question the two best teams in Argentina and who have brought real quality back to the primera.Funnily enough I think with Gago,Ferreyra and Cubero back Velez will win but tonight felicitaciones a Nuls and especially to Maxi whose titles have been few.

14. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Albiceleste2010 and cigar_city repped this.
  15. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congratulations cc on the title. By the way Forestieri and Battochio as avid Newell's fans were extremely excited judging by their twitter comments. Sadly as with Velez it looks like neither club will be able to build on the success.

As with Racing too. Several of the youngsters are being targetted. Farina is gone for instance.

Article on Martino who looks set to be Barcelona's new manager. Wonder if Leo had anything to do with it.

http://ilikefootballme.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/like-a-lepra-messiah/

16. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not to derail the topic but are you Aurelius?

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats to Newell's fans for Tata Martino joining Barcelona. I know you all wish he could stay at your club, but its got to make you very prideful to see a guy from here giving indications to Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Xavi...

Really going to be run watch

Also congrats on the Trezeguet signing. If he can stay healthy, he will be a great signing for you. Its going to be very painful to see Trezeguet playing for Newell's much like when we had to see Ortega playing there. I hope that when we play you, we win 4-3 but David scores 3 to shut up Ramon and Pa$$arella

18. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am indeed he. I take it you are LaFuria from the Barca forum ? I haven't seen you post in a while there. I cannot say I blame you. It is very sheep like in there. I corrected a numpty in the Argentina section who was spewing rubbish and promptly got a warning from a moderator. :rolleyes:

I also posted on the WC blog as Aurelius until numpties started to turn it into an alternative depression festival. Fair enough under Diego and Sergio and Alfio but it was the same under Sabella. Granted Sabella has his faults but at least the team was picking up. Factual inaccuracies abounded and it was becoming child like.

On evo-web I am Albi2010 as well. :)

LaFuriaNolan repped this.
  19. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ah, I thought you sounded like Aurelius. Nice to see you here.

Yeah, I quit BF between getting targeted out by the psychotic ownership and giving up on trying to argue with the bandwagoners who infested that place. It wasn't worth it anymore. And as far as the WC blog posters go, I agree with them to some degree, but they definitely exaggerate. I'm no Sabella fan but he's not inept, if anything he's getting the most out of Messi (arguable if that means getting the most out of Argentina).

At this point I mostly just post on the River and Fiorentina forums here and elsewhere, and to a lesser extent the Real Madrid spinoff from BF.

20. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aurelius as in the ancient Roman emperor? And he's a fan of Boca Juniors? Awesome!

:D

21. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not sure about Aurelius, but Elagabalus would have definitely been a Boca fan!