Newcastle United vs Manchester United - April 5, 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How often does Rooney get to play with that line up behind him?

jeff070 repped this.
  2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I disagree that RVP is holding us back. He's making the same runs and yes some behind the defense (just like the previous year). He's not being found by his teammates.

But I agree it seems that a choice is going to have to be made. Or at least I think. It won't be for footballing reasons though that RVP will be scapegoated. ..it almost looks like its being manufactured...

I think I've already accepted it.

3. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

4. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't see the need to make a choice. Both men have their dry spells, but spend time hurt every seasons. If there is a choice, RvP is older, and gets hurt even more, but I don't see why one needs to be made.

5. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You're the one who said RVP could be holding us back.

I think he's a great foil for Kagawa, Nani and players who can run behind him and score.

6. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    that's kinda my point: they're too big for either of them to be benched. and we could play better football with only one up front.

benni... repped this.
  7. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    benni is right that the English media is on a mission to scapegoat RvP and the idiots who lapped up Moyes as the chosen one and the Failaini as a great midfielder are right on it. We have a few examples of the same here.

8. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i do think he's lost a significant step, i stand by that 100%. he's much more static up front than he used to be even if the technique is still superb.

9. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    When they are both fit it will be a problem. Rooney won't be benched regardless.

i really don't think both can play together under Moyes.

Only if Rooney adjust and play like Kagawa has off the left. And Mata in the hole.

10. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    that english media... get you every time. :) more seriously, i haven't felt journos turning on rvp... then again i don't live in the UK.

11. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree that Rooney would need to move wide, and well Moyes doesn't seem to have the backbone for that. Not playing Mata as the #10 is just stupid at this point.

But honestly, how often are they both fit at the same time? This season alone is a good example of what we could expect in the future.

12. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Agree to disagree because just last year he was making those runs and being found.

If its just pace, in regards to the 'lost a step' comment, he's never really relied on any pace. But great timing.

I'd say injury or unprofessionalism are Tue difference. He either hates Moyes or was never fully fit this year
    .at least hats how I see it.

13. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rooney is here to stay, nobody will give him the wage we have given him, so play him as a 9, that is he bes we can do

Amdrag repped this.
  14. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think RvP will ever be the player he was the previous two seasons. But his biggest problem this season hasn't been how "static" he has been. It how cut off he has been from the ball. Go back and watch how many matches this season both Rooney and RvP have had to drop deeper and deeper just to see the ball, to try and make something happen. Give us a proper midfield and play our best AMs in the right positions, and we could see a lot of goals from both Rooney and/or RvP.

15. googoo

googoo Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We actually started playing football once failaini left the pitch. Also, there was no rooney to disrupt the flow of the play with his shit touches and needless/mindless crossfield passes. It was refreshing. I know it's only a shitty Newcastle team, but at least I saw some football out there today.

Once fail went off, Fletcher could actually link with the likes of Kagawa and Mata to play some nice one-two touch football. We could also up the tempo somewhat, something that would have been impossible with fail on the pitch.

If it were up to #MoyesOut though, we would have most likely lost or drawn this game with Young sending in aimless crosses all afternoon.

Father Ted, Radbennie and cr7torossi repped this.
  16. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  17. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some of those goons on the cafe are hilarious. They've gone from, we've been left with a shitty squad, and we need 7-8 players...to....I knew we had great players, we just need 2-3 purchases and we'll be right up there. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but the way they go from doom and gloom to we've turned the corner every week is funny.

What I also find funny, is that most fans have been crying out for our more technical players to get solid runs together all year. You don't have to be a top manager to see who the better, more skilled players are...and that runs of games together will breed understanding and confidence. Just like nearly everybody has been saying Rooney behind RVP just isn't going to be fruitful as a long term plan. If that idiot Moyes had any sense, he'd build the team around his more technical players (Kagawa, Mata), but instead he will shunt Mata out wide and Shinji on the bench as soon as Rooney and RVP are fit. He has no balls or insight (to go along with his terrible tactical ability and man management skills)

I bet you anything, if Kagawa gets a game in Germany, he'll be in a set up with players not suited to his game, and suffer the wrath of the dense fickle fans and shunned by Moyes again when\if he struggles to get in the game,

nimma, johno, omar_mufc and 3 others repped this.
  18. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  19. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    With regards to your post, have you (or anyone else @The Jitty Slitter ) read the secret footballer's book?

The average football fan is an idiot.

johno repped this.
  20. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really hope Lindegaard stays. Says all the right things.

Brilliant result from the lads today. Glad to see Moyes finally came to his senses (even though his hand was forced a bit) and played all of the boys who can ball.

21. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We get plenty of things wrong as supporters. We are passionate, and extremely biased in many ways....but I think sometimes, in football, some things are just obvious. For instance, our midfield for the last few years. Every fan from every club, the media, player\manager interviews I saw from other teams, spoke of our weakness in that area. Even fergie I think acknowledged it (but said there was nobody to buy).

This season, you can see who the better players are footballing wise, will they fit with the rest of the way the team play? maybe not....but surely they have to be given a fair crack (a run of games) in their preferred position, and given a chance to show what they are capable of. Selecting them every few games (including as sub) with a different set of players , and in different positions, is just dumb, when you are letting others constantly fail game after game, playing in their preferred role. You don't need to be a football manager to see that.

Moyes has the advantage of having them every day in training, and I don't believe he can be utilizing this time properly, if he spent 8 months persisting with 'doesn't look up' Young, and 'can't complete a cross' Valencia, over Kagawa who has shown more (actually trying to pick players out in and around the box) with less consistent game time and in a non prefered position. I guess he gets pushed off the ball a little to easily at times....clearly unacceptable in the modern British game.

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    #122 Teso Dos Bichos, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    99% of humans are idiots. Welcome to the age of dysgenics.

23. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you part of the 99%?:)

Are you suggesting we do away with morality, for the good of the human race? To return to survival of the fittest and smartest for the good of human advancement?

In many ways Man Utd are a microcosm of what you are talking about. The thick and incapable need to be weeded out of the club and the clever and talented allowed to flourish.

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    This is what happens when society disincentive the strong but incentive the weak to reproduce.

25. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep. I did try to do something about it personally.....unfortunately, my plea to Nato to nuke Scotland was dismissed as crazy talk.:p