Newcastle United vs Manchester United - April 5, 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Apr 4, 2014.

1. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The leader gets too afraid to do that

Amdrag and benni... repped this.
  2. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mata with the beautiful set up. MOTM for sure.

3. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Looked nice......it's about time.

4. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hard to judge anything when Newcastle have been this bad, but at least we know the players have it in them. We know Moyes doesn't.

5. Radbennie

Radbennie Member

Dec 30, 2005
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I hope young broke his hand and caught some nasty disease. There you go.. Nani dribbling for fun ;)

benni... repped this.
  6. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i'd argue that's completely false since wayne's movement is arguably his best attribute when he plays up top and not tucked in but... dude, we get it - you don't like wayne. he's not on the pitch, enjoy the show.

7. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    We've always known that. Nothing new. Even Moyes knows that.

8. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Not nice at all.:(:(

And the moronic* color commentator complaining that Nani takes at shot at goal when Utd is up 4-0.

*Not nice from me either.

Radbennie and Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  9. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Mata Kagawa Januzaj Nani is a good platform to built on, we probably need a marquee LW talent to really compete with the best teams and use Zaha as backup, we should be set even after selling Valencia Young. Its the platforms (midfield mainly but defense too) behind them that is the problem and 4 9s we got for 1 positions.

jeff070 repped this.
  10. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Wayne doesn't make the runs cheech makes. That's fact. The near post goal he scored for example.

Rooney's movement is good. Cheech is better.

jeff070 repped this.
  11. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    it IS a more adventurous set up but, when you think about it, it could also be a very pragmatic choice to make: why play 2 holders at all time when you only have 1 that's actually good? is playing mata-carrick-kagawa much more risky than carrick-mata-off brand CM?

i think that's one thing that rodgers got right this year. he's not married to any particular formation but he has a overarching philosphy on how his team should play. he's played any kind of set up this year depending on who's available and on form as long as he's got his triangle in midfield (5-3-2, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-1-2, 4-2-3-1)

12. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    At least Newcastle's fans are allowed to boo...without being shunned.:whistling:

Difficult to judge the game, because it looked like Newcastle threw in the towel in the second half, but as everybody has been saying since January, get Kagawa-Mata-Nani\Januzaj behind a striker (preferably a fit RVP) and they'd click over time (especially if we can get 2 decent midfielders behind them). They aren't the fastest players (though they arent exactly slow), but they all have footballing brains, and the technique to form an understanding. Whenever we drag Rooney back into the 10, we are always going to be held back (because he doesn't know how to play the position well).

13. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Hernandez stays in the final third, allows the three behind him to create and looks to make forward runs. Rooney wanders aimlessly, gets in the way of the three behind him and looks to make moves backwards to chase the ball.

Futbol_Head and jeff070 repped this.
  14. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are you sure? I am pretty sure he hasn't seen enough of them to pass such judgment.

15. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    as technical as he is, i feel that RVP could be the one holding us back next year if he's not sold. he's too slow and doesn't run behind defenders anymore.

i don't mind being in the minority on this one but i think wayne has been very good as a lone #9 this year, we haven't missed RVP at all. i'd be comfortable with cheech deputizing wayne for next year.

also, the financial commitment has been made to rooney for better or worse and i don't want them to play together.

Radbennie repped this.
  16. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Lol I get you but we've done this to his own team on plenty of occasions

17. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Best attacking performance of the season if not a couple of seasons. Rooney wants the ball all the time, instead Chicha makes the runs, big difference. Rooney doesn't play on the last man, Chicha does, Rooney drops back to Lindegaard, Chicha stays up to push their center backs and make himself available.

If you have those types of player like Kagawa, Mata, Nani, and Januzaj, you need a Chicha who they love, not a Rooney.

That was the best attacking performance with a dire midfield.

benni... repped this.
  18. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You clearly don't get me, as that was an excellent joke worthy of praise. :(

19. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I lol'd

Amdrag repped this.
  20. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Cheech played a great game, i dont have anything bad to say about his performance - relative to rooney or otherwise. But the fact that he cant participate in the build up is why he'll never be the main striker at united.

21. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    You are a joke. RVP holding us back?! are you blind? Rooney is the one holding us back.

22. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    He doesn't need to if we play Kagawa, Januzaj, Mata, and Nani.

23. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    As has been said repeatedly for years, catering to Rooney's ego (play at 9 or be shipped out) is the biggest problem this team has in attack; followed by the insistence to play Young/Valencia. Stop doing both and we have as good a set of attackers as any and all we need is a ball-carrying winger.

Futbol_Head and jeff070 repped this.
  24. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Rooney is here to stay. rvp in the team means rooney in the hole and mata on the right.

Its OK if you dont actually want to understand my points. Carry on with your day then.

25. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    What is best for the team?