New York Red Bulls vs DC United (aka Da Scum) Su-June 24, 2012 at 7PM/Red Bull Arena [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Jun 20, 2012.

1. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metz, I don't necessarily disagree with you on your comments on the limitations of some of the abilities of the players you have cited, but you keep forgetting the most important thing which is comparing the quality of the players on this team to the rest of MLS. In this league, Solli does well as a RW as needed especially in the context of the rest of the starting team and also dealing with the salary cap. You look at our entire roster with our depth including all of the above players plus knowing that we will be adding a midfielder/forward DP soon plus either getting Tainio back or should he retire/cut because of his injury and get a pretty decent midfielder replacement, we are well positioned for a run at the supporters shield and the MLS cup IN THIS LEAGUE.

This is not the premiership nor the championship division in England.

2. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I don't say that we haven't make some improvements in some places, but the other 18 team has made improvements too, some of them big and better than the RBNY... So, we are not the best team on the league to close the eye and wait for sure for hardware to fall from the sky to our laps, Hell no....The think that you have to understand is to know why some fans and players like Henry to name one, hold his head in desperation when a player like Richards get hold on the ball and instead of pass this to a player better positioned than him, he try to finished the play by himself and what he does in 99% of the time is to give away the ball or make a stupid sky rocket shut to no where, 99 in 100 cases game after game, that alone kill 50% of the efforts that the hard work and ingenues of the rest (9) of the players of the team had fight seconds before to put so good in place until the intervention of him screwing all the dam thing, decapitating the play by his ignorance and lack of ability on the sport of soccer, and with players like that, the improvements on others areas doesn't matter, the inefficiency still there and 50% of the time we will miss the train.....

Isn't necessary to live in England, Spain or Germany to know, to appreciate or to want good futbol, the taste for is alive and well in the fanatics on this part of the world and we deserve better, I don't give a rat ass if this isn't the premiership.....

3. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metz, you seem to forget that there is a salary cap of about $2.6M which is less than the average salary per player from the majority of the teams in the premiership. We are left mostly with players can't command salaries over $200k which severely limits the players we can get which then also affects the DP's who are willing to come to this league.

Which is why your last statement looks so ignorant of these facts. In MLS, with the incoming DP we will be one of the top 3 teams in this league and there are far worse players than Richards with his limitations in this league as he does have some good assets as well.

Until our TV ratings go up and the league can negotiate more lucrative TV deals(the contracts expire in less than 3 years), we won't be able to make big strides in this area otherwise we risk going the way of the old NASL.

4. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    You happen to read only the last massage of the last thread all times and don't keep in consideration the whole history of what we are talking about...In opinion I make before I say that Marquez, Richards, Solli, Helgerson and Miller have to go period, in the before last message I say :
    If you will tell me that Solli, Richards, Miller, Ballouchy are good for Subs I will agree with you and if the CAP do permit, is OK with me, but not at a starters if we, some day want to win some hardware in this league or out side the league..
    What is what I ignore?....

5. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metz comparing Richards and Solli to Barklage does not make your point because I am not saying Barklage is worse than them, I am saying both of them are good enough to start in this league. You can try again with an argument geared towards the actual issue. Richards fits the style of the league, just not our team btw. I am not saying who should be OUR starter, I am saying they can be adequate/good starters in this league

6. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Banging your head against a wall > having an argument with metz

Ignore function works wonders.

kokoplus10 repped this.
  7. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Oh!!!...Come on, you first say that is crazy to think in replace Richards or Solli with Barka...Remember....

8. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    find me that quote and i'll never argue with you again on anything