New York Red Bulls vs DC United (aka Da Scum) Su-June 24, 2012 at 7PM/Red Bull Arena [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Jun 20, 2012.

1. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game and I was impressed by the attendance.. It was a legit sellout.

As for Miller I have been saying this for the past year now.. He just gets burnt way too often from the LB position and he is suicidal there. His best position is probably as a LM and he should just be used as a sub..
    Barklage is the real deal. He's becoming one of the best players at his position in the league which is crazy if you think about it
    Solli and Lade were a handful for DCU. Solli was great and extremely dangerous on the flanks as well as Lade. Lade looked great as well, he created possession really well and was able to create chances by some impressive dribbling moves(was that him?) but I think he may become a winger in the long run.

The difference was Ballouchy today. That is what a true #10 can do for us and if we can get that guy I think we can put up more performances like that. We created alot of chances.

One thing I wasn't happy with is why we didn't park the bus at the last ten minutes or so. That really got me worried but we were still able to create chances at the end

2. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think teams now see how bad Miller is defensively and look to exploit him all game long. They sense he is our weakness and plan around this. That is why he looks like he is getting worse every game. Too much of a liability if I was the coach.

3. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I even think Backe even recognized the problem and subbed him out. It will be day and night with Pearce at LB..

4. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have hated Rafa on and off the field for us forever. However, it's possible he could do well at CB with a partner like Conde. Many people said one of the major problems he had there was that him and Ream were a similar style. I don't really buy that, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

A team like this firing on all cylinders...

----------Henry-Cooper
    ----------------DP
    Joel/Lade-----------Dane/Solli
    ---------------Dax
    Pearce-Conde-Marquez-Barklage
    --------------Meara

and a bench of Rodgers, Ballouchy, Lindpere/Lade, Dane/Solli, Holgersson, Keel, Miller, Ruthven, Palsson, etc.

...would be very strong defensively, have guys who can make a difference off the bench, and would have a very high probability of scoring multiple goals each and every game.

Not only that, but many of these guys can play multiple roles in a pinch.

If we get Rodgers and this DP the naysayers can whine all they want, but Soler and Backe have built themselves a pretty good roster in the past 2 1/2 seasons.

5. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there is a God, let this happen, please.......

6. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Additionally the likes of Joel/Lade and Dan/Solli give Backe some interesting choices on the flanks and allows him to game plan a little more specifically. In Dane and Lade you have some really great speed from a pure winger perspective. Those guys can hug the touchline and open the game up. Lindpere and Solli are IMO better at tucking inside and getting a shot off or combining with their teammates. Lindpere specifically finds ways to break his man down almost every game. Solli also has a much better cross than Dane which is something to be considered in certain games.

7. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guy's. I enjoyed watching the match on tv last night. The game had an awesome atmosphere and produced some beautiful goals.
    I'm so jealous that you guy's have the "Cathedral of Football" Red Bull Arena to enjoy watching your team play in.

8. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! We're very spoiled in terms of our stadium.

Now if only we could win something and fix some of the off the field issues!

9. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    What happen yesterday was that all the pieces were in place, some pieces did a poor performance and Backe have to change it, like: Miller, Ballouchy and Solli, Ballouchy did some good shows but in the long run to often act like the old Ballouchy of all times with his easy passes backward killing the rhythm of the game, we have a scare for one of this passes, Richards that always kill the plays with his give away passes or loosing the ball 9 in 10 times wasn't in the game, and that help a lot, but the kid of everything was the defense line withe exception of Miller the defense was solid and precise and with McCarty in his place all was wrapped out in one formula, WIN.... With all the team healthy and ready to play, I will expect a line-up as follow:

Meara
    Barka....Marquez*....Conde....Pearce
    McCarty
    Solli**....Lindpere....Lade
    Cooper....Henry

*).- Isn't that I change my opinion that Rafa have to go, but we have to be realistic, he isn't going no place and Backe have to play him, period.....And like I say a week before this game his place is at CB...And you see the results, he play maybe his best game with RBNY uniform yesterday....Because surround for players like Conde and Pearce that are at his same level, he will dedicate his time to play like yesterday instead of bitching all the 90 minutes of the game thinking that he is "Mister High & Mighty" kind of thing....

**).- If I have my way I will play Barka as LW and Solli as a LB, this isn't the first time that I say that and you see the results when Barka play all ways up. he have a shut and nose for a goal....

10. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miller wasn't the sole reason for both goals but he played his part. His form has definitely dipped. Backe did sub him out so I hope that is a sign he won't be opposed to benching him, especially if Conde is healthy and you can shift Pearce out wide.

11. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually agree with you here, but you should finally start laying off Backe. He has shown some pretty good decisions so far even if you might not agree with all of them such as with Miller. Miller sure makes some bone head decisions, but he has some good assets such as his ball handling and Lade certainly looks like he has solved our problems at left mid. Backe also has played some at least fairly young americans such as Lade and Barklage and if you look at the starting line up we now have quite a few Americans. I was certainly a Ballouchy hater, but even Ballouchy has been playing at least decent if not quite good at times.

Like I said quite often before, we are now heading quite good heading into the transfer window and Backe indicates the list of potential DP's is down to 4 of which I expect they are mostly attacking midfielder types and maybe a forward unless Luke Rodgers somehow gets his visa this week. This DP will certainly set us quite well for the home stretch this season and give us at least a decent shot at the supporters shield so we can finally get a chance at the Concacaf Champions league.

12. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    What the hell are you talking about, he left Richards and Holgerslush out because they were hurt and can't play, wasn't because he wanted to do that...and after that don't counting with Henry to start, he play Lindpere at front with Cooper and by rebound he need some body to cover for Lindpere LW and he play Lade, is the same bull shit than before when he was have to play the kids for five game, now the old folks and his lovers are back and the the kids have to go back to the bench.....And if is for the new will be signers that is hypothetical assumption, we don't know what they will bring, we don't know even if they will be starters and if the DP will be striker or a CAM, so for that we have to wait and see....

13. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metz, you are nuts. I never talked about Richards or Holgersson. Backe has made some very good decisions. He chose Barklage. He chose to play Barklage over some of the other choices he had and move Solli to midfield. Solli was always used there because we had no one else and at least he was adequate and we finally have a player who can really play that LB position. Right now, I don't know if Backe would play Richards over Solli. Richards is good against some of the weaker teams defensively, but Solli is a more well rounded player who can play on teams that get back on defense. I can barely understand much of what you wrote, but it seems you are criticizing Backe because you thnk he was forced to start Lade.

He was part of the decision to sign Lade moron and has given him his chance probably due to his play in practice and the preseason and the same with Barklage. There are other players on this team. Keel could have been used at center back pushing Marquez into Midfield and Ballouchy out wide on the left or up top which he has done before and therefore Lindpere would have been on the LW and Lade on the bench. Arteaga has not done well, so he is back to bench. Ruthven was adequate but did not do well enough either. Look at Borrajo, where is he? same thing. Lade has out played him in practice, preseason and has done quite well which is why you don't even here about Borrajo.

14. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Why Barka and Lade are there....

What was I was telling you is, that Backe didn't did the changes because he was willing to do it, he did it because at one time he has 6 starters in the DL and have not choice but to play this kids and the result of that is, that Barka resulted to be much better than Solli and get his place now, Solli to say the true isn't a improvement over Richards both are mediocre players, but Backe will prefer Richards for his speed.........

I just was mention Richards to make emphasis in the performance of the whole team, that even having traffic cone like Ballouchy and Miller the team play pretty good, because the key places were fill with the right players, Midfielder stopper for example, and the majority of them complemented the errors of the rest, like the ones of Miller and Ballouchy....You see the game, why you think Barka was at the goal area on those chances at goal, because Richards wasn't playing, when Richards is playing because his speed he cover the field form one end to the other, doing nothing, but he covered it, he is making not shit, but is there and isn't make sense to have other player over there, on this game Dane wasn't there and Barka has the green light to come all way up, because Solli can't and that make the difference in the game, Barka.....

15. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barky scored once off a CK from Joel and his second goal was off a set piece that got deflected via Rafa taking it if I rememeber correctly so not sure how Richards not playiong was reason for this????

16. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Simple, .....Richards wasn't there and some body have to, and that some body in that specific game answer for the name of Barka....
    What I say is, If Richards is there, 1 0f 10 probabilities is that he will loose the ball and the play will finished in nothing like always...But he wasn't playing and in his place suppose to be Solli, but he don't fill the paper either and instead of him was Barka covering for the absence of a body in that space of the field and he don't miss his opportunities... and that was the difference on the game, the presence of Barka and the absence of Richards....
    Understand what I say, Richards is a very fast player, and with easy he cover one end to the other in the same play, but he isn't effective, he lost the thread of the play easy and must always the play finished on nothing, but this time because he wasn't there, the play was finished successfully by Barka...

17. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know Metz, you are doing a lot of "assuming here" about Barky's goals.

18. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you so much for the update!!:thumbsup:

19. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Isn't assumption, is what happen, Solli is to slow, he maybe as a CMF, maybe can work, but as a Winger he is to slow, resulting that you need some body to be present and fill the holes he is unable to fill, so, Barka was this player and when the opportunity come, he didn't miss, if those plays fall at Richards feet 1 in 10 times he won't be able even to make the shut....No to mention the goals....

That is one of the points why the absence of Richards was a key on those goals, because the ability of Richards to cover up and down the RW is phenomenal, but his effectivity is null and those plays if Richards had been in that place instead of Barka, we had been losing the game...

20. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solli isn't a slow player by any means. Solli can play as a winger as he has good dribbling skills and he's able to beat his man 1 vs 1, not to mention he's a decent technical player. I think Solli is a really good player and I also think he's been getting an unfair bashing from us as he's been playing out of position way too often..(RB, Left Winger..)

21. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Been on vacation and just got to watch it the recording, what an exciting game! I think the team ran themselves into the ground after 60 minutes by playing with such an incredibly high energy level for the first half, Palsson should have come on earlier as Ballouchy tailed off and Dax was left to cover Santos (who he is way too small to dispossess) and Boskovic all by himself. Palsson is still rough around the edges but one thing you can count on him for is to bring energy to the midfield late in the game. Olsen's quicker adjustments in the second half almost cost us.

What can we even say about Barklage? Another rock solid defensive performance and two VERY impressive goals, I hope this guy sticks around for years.

22. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Solli, Richards, Miller and Holgerslush, like I say, they are to some degree good players, but the team and the league grow faster than them and I don't think they are any good for the team no more.... Maybe for Subs, but until they are here RBNY will not look for any body else and that is the problem....

Now, if you want to go another 17 years with out a wining year, is OK, but no for me....

23. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miller and Holgerson I can understand why they shouldn't start, but you seriously think Solli isn't good enough to start in this league. The same guy who scored the game winner last game and last year was seen as one of the league's better right backs. The right back position is now Barklage's, but a hard working with some skill like Solli can definitely start in this league at right back or right midfield. I think Richards is also a good starter but doesn't fit the style we want to play perfectly.

24. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    He watched one game a few months ago where he was fatigued and decided that he's a garbage player that deserves to be ripped on every week.

25. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    The only thing you have to compare is, How many games Richards and Solli had play this year, how many goals Richards and Solli have....Richards along has been like 30/40 t0 2 opportunities at the range that Barka was when he score, and Barka have 2 goals and Richards only 1..... And if you count the times that Richards has loose the ball for bad passes or because the contrary players snatch the ball from his feet, maybe 100 times this season along.... And you will tell me that is a good players and that have to be a starter...Give me a brake.....And the same you can say about Solli either. With out chance of error you can say, that Richards and Solli any one of them when is playing, that he isn't a improvement over the other for the team...The team will not loose or win anything with any body of the two playing.....The lack of performance of Richards isn't because he did not fit the style of the league, is because he hasn't that soccer rogue to play, period.....

If you will tell me that Solli, Richards, Miller, Ballouchy are good for Subs I will agree with you and if the CAP do permit, is OK with me, but not at a starters if we, some day want to win some hardware in this league or out side the league.....