New York Red Bulls @ DC Scum Wed-August 29, 2012-8pm [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Aug 27, 2012.

1. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey at least he put a shot on frame this time, and did you see his half volley??

2. Den1412

Den1412 Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    nice first half, the defense looks shaky at times with stupid mistakes, the midfield is doing well especially when we have the ball, they keep a good possession, not so sure about all those long balls for Henry in the box, seem like no one have the right accuracy to do that

So far one of the best Henry's performance in recent games, every body else is doing well, except the Statue and Lade, who look shaky sometime

I feel we can do more in the final third, so maybe Cooper can be a solution but i like the way we played

3. JD75

JD75 Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Amateur hour goalkeeping.

RedBullFootball repped this.
  4. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like this weekend, an AWFUL decision by Gaudette to come off his line...sigh

5. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Statue beaten to the ball by Dero, let's not forget. last 3 goals we gave up Statue was invilved again.

6. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Like I say before, is a lot of passes and plays on the MF because they are five MFs, but nothing of essence and nothing of a strike....

7. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That I say, they are playing with less one man in defense plus a nuisance the statue and when they send every body up, that they will have, because the defense is cripple....

8. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That is the beginning of the end, Henry is tired and the rest is out of breath....

9. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conde is my hero after that strike

11. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Yeah, he is ready for more than three week, the last two games has been in the bench, that mean that he is ready, but he has to play Holgerslush and if isn't for Conde a defender; this game will be in the lost column....

12. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My takeaways:

- Conde was man of the match. Certainly had some issues with Najar's speed at time, but overall the left back experiment has surprised me with its effectiveness
    - Weak game for Gaudette. I' be interested to see what Robles can do after the break
    - Weak game for Holgersson. Someone has to go to the bench when Marquez comes back. I think Holgersson has played himself off the pitch
    - Good game for Lade. If he keeps playing like this, people just may quit complaining about Barklage on the bench

13. Den1412

Den1412 Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    happy for the team performance, unhappy for the silly individual mistakes

Hope to see soon this defensive line up:
    Barklage---Conde---Pearce---Lade

GMangs repped this.
  14. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you look at it this way - being down very late at DC and getting a late goal to get a tie is not a bad thing.

However we really should not have been in that position. Gaudette had a pair of howlers today. But since he has been so great so far, I'm willing to give him a pass. But we can't see much more of this like him or this will be a case of Bouna time all over again. Sunday wasn't that bad a mistake because he was in an awkward spot with Bunbury and Kamara. But today he let one go right through his hands. And the second goal he should have stayed back on the line.

I thought we were better defensively despite giving up the two goals.

Conde's goal was a moment of brilliance. And his play at left back has been very good.

I want Cooper on the field.

15. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing of the sort. The Red Bulls outplayed DC and had created many dangerous scoring opportunities. Easily could have had several more goals. No way that was Holgersson's fault. De Rosario was only at the edge of the penalty box and no way that is even dangerous but for Gaudette leaving his line just like Coundoul did last year against Houston. Totally Gaudette's dumb decision (2nd time in 2 weeks now) to come out that far. I think they actually played very well today despite a 2-2 tie. All around good game including Solli who played well as well.

16. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holgersson was partly to blame on the first goal because of the poor clearance. But still Gaudette should have had it. But the second goal was 100% Gaudette's fault.

17. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    McCarty only job he can do is a destroyer, stopper or what ever you want to called it, but because today were playing five CMF everything was a mess. so, to not stumble into the other four he has to go up and that, he don't know how to play that.....

18. badideas

badideas Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Although he didn't really get forward until we were in desperation mode, and he may be a bit slow for the position, Conde has played well at left back. I don't know if we can consistently play him there through the playoffs where teams will try to exploit that with speed, but we'll see.

Tainio is a rock in the middle of the park. Incredible passing to find the guys up front so they can hold the ball. Dax definitely performs better on the defensive end of the things, winning balls. And I think he's said he's more comfortable in that role as well. So hopefully Tainio stays fit to fill the offensive role. His long overhead passes are pretty accurate, which is more than we can say for a lot of the team, turning the ball over that way. We really need his lightning quick decisionmaking if we're going to keep trying to beat teams by being the possession side.

19. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Dude please drop the non stop Holgersson hate parade, we get it, he occasionally plays poorly but he isn't 100% of the team's problem like you're making it out to be. First goal was half him and half Gaudette, second was beyond 100% Gaudette.

RedBullFootball repped this.
  20. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    On top of this, I want to add that Cahill is really showed what he could add to this team tonight. Constant aerial threat, created space in a crowded midfield with some great workrate for a guy who isn't fully fit, and a few chances created out of nothing. I loved how he turned the cross that Henry left short into a flick that went less than a yard wide.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like he plays very well as a flat CM either... Its strange how much better he is as a dedicated holding midfielder, move him just 15 yards up the field and he loses his head a bit.

21. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Der oran right past The Statue onhis goal to receive the ball. Statue is an issue. I agree with Barky, Lade at Backs and Conde and Pearce in the middle as some have said. Eliminate the weakness. Agree Wild Bill was shaky also but give aways in our box on clearances by defenders? Defense is the problem with this team and we need a change back there.

22. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good poinmt as all can see except Cluless Hans. I'd bench Tainio and Satue next game and put Dax back at def mid in front of Barky, Lade, Conde, Pearce and I bet we look better in our defensive 1/3.

23. Backe to the top

Mar 8, 2010
    Nottingham
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Gaudette had a shocker. Ok, so Holgersson's clearance was poor, but the first goal was an easy save. No power and well within reach. The second goal was bad judgement and no communication.
    Apart from that, a good result. The team spirit appears to be fantastic. Cahill will start scoring for fun soon. You can see him frequently popping up in dangerous positions. I love Conde at LB and think Hans should stick with the current defense so they develop some continuity.

24. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    The Scandinavians (Solli, Statue and Tainio) need to be benched.. Use Sam, Barkla and KFC as replacements

25. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    God (Gaud) is just a mere mortal after all!