New York Red Bulls @ DC Scum Wed-August 29, 2012-8pm [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Aug 27, 2012.

1. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    4-3-3 is fine if a) Backe can find a way to get the wingers WAY more involved than they were against KC and b) the center midfielders (specifically Tainio and Dax) take better one touch passes. We gave the ball away a lot in the middle because of one touch passes that were left short, and we didn't create enough attacks to give the ball away needlessly.

2. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Using Tainio, Dax, Lindpere and Cahill don't make sense and beside always when Backe play four MF make a mess, all them get converged at the center of the field, because that is they playing mentality and what they do is a quadruple parking with out benefice for the team..... What we need at Mid fielders are: one RW, one CDM, one LW and one as a CAM and not four Defenders MF....

3. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what are the chances of Lyod Sam playing tonight?

4. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MAYBE some garbage minutes.

He's still gonna be in preseason form and it would make sense to get him training intensely with the team during our 2-week layoff inorder for him to get a decent fitness level and understanding.

5. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    Man, this crowed makes WAY more out of line-ups than it matters.

Hasn't it occured to you guys the performances on the road are basically the same the matter what the line up is?

6. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never want to see the 4-3-3 with this team. I think that has little to no chance of working.

7. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I was thinking that at the moment to have with us Le Toux and Lloyd this was possible; but the way Backe has been using Le Toux and him playing, I don't see how we can use a 4-3-3 formation...
    But yes is possible to use a 4-3-1-2 with Cahill as a held back striker....

8. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only way it would work is with Conde at CB and outside backs of Barklage and Pearce. We all know Satute will never sit so theerfore we can never utilize just 3 in the back.

9. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That is the big problem this team have, his Coach.... At the beginning he was so enamored of Miller that wasn't a how to think that he will sit him ever, and Backe still defend him saying that when he play bad is because he is tired and blah, blah.... Now with Holgerslush, Backe look like never will sit him for no body and while he keep him on the line up, he will have to use a fifth defender minded player like Lade to complement the craps emanated from his defense line; killing the whole attack power that the team have and that can develop on the field......
    We have a very versatile defense roster if you used accord, like say: Pearce, Conde, Marquez and Lade, switching Lade for Pearce according the needs, if you watch the last game, Lade was incharge of disturb Kamara game and he did it on the first half, after that KC switch Kamara to the right and Conde was making the work, but here you lost a defender in this mode, the correct to do was to switch Lade too as a LB and send Pearce as a RB, and keep Conde as a legit defender and not a 1x1 marker....

10. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yes, the answer to Holgersson not playing up to your standards is certainly to put Marquez back in the middle of the defense... you might want to go re-watch some 2011 games before asking for that.

11. Den1412

Den1412 Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Starting XI: Gaudette, Lade, Holgersson, Pearce, Conde, Solli, Tainio, McCarty, Lindpere, Cahill, Henry

Bench: Robles, Miller, Keel, Barklage, Sam, Le Toux, Cooper

Wow no Cooper or Le Toux, let's see how Cahill do up front

12. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    and no Barklage!!!

13. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Isn't a question about answer to nothing, but Marquez play much better than Holgerslush, we criticized Marquez because he is a 4.6Million player and a big shot from Europe teams, but if we take in consideration that Backe and neither Soler will have the balls to sit Rafa if he is available, so, play him instead of the statute, because at MF he isn't a option anymore....

14. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Here you have a classic sample of another Backe screw head....
    If we will play five Center Midfielders at the same time, will not make difference if we play Henry as a Keeper too, but soccer doesn't play that way, the position need of a very defined player in each one of the spot, who play left usually don't play right and who play center usually don't play as a winger or side backs, so is a dumb move to play five Center Fields players if we have only two position for that..... Is true that some player can play more than one position, but always this player play one of them much better and that is why they are this or that and play this or that....

15. Den1412

Den1412 Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    i guess he is not 100% fit yet, it's a shame though considering how he played against them at the RBA

16. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    I am not so sure... He played 90 vs Montreal Reserves last week...

17. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice job Holgersson, giving up a corner, sheesh

18. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So close on the free kick! Cahill's head is a real weapon

19. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Beautiful goal by Joel Lindpere in the 19th minute... 1-0 Red Bulls... Assisted by Conor Lade and Titi!

20. Slim_Tim501

Slim_Tim501 Member

May 19, 2010
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh this team....

21. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Brain fart by God! 1-1 DC gets a gimme...

22. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    In the last 18 yards they have not been effective, but I like what I see this first 45 minutes....

23. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halftime. We outplayed them. Holgersson not playing well, but I'm decently happy with the rest of the back line. McCarty hit a screamer of a goal after the whistle from 25 yards...I didn't see a foul on Cahill but oh well.

24. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barky in chateau de bow wow. He is bench fodder for the rest of the year, not one of Hans favs. Hans is an idiot.

25. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again the Statue leads to a goal against. That is 2 in a row now, but not many people notice his giveaways unless Henry does not get the ball from him. Also dax should never be allowed in the offensive third.