New USMNT Kit 2014 thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lucho305, Sep 16, 2013.

1. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the hoops.

CTS26 repped this.
  2. Papin

Papin BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 19, 1998
    le côté obscur
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not just Nike's view. It's based on the US's long history of wearing white-home and blue-alternate.
    [​IMG]

Susaeta repped this.
  3. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So...I'm thinking about getting the Centennial jersey. Obviously I could go with the favorites like Donovan, Bradley, Altidore, etc. but I'm thinking off going the hipster route with either Johannsson or Diskerud...is it to soon for either of those guys? If I go with Diskerud, should I use that or Mix?

4. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Me personally, I would go with what he uses on his jersey.

ckl26 repped this.
  5. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't go with one of the new guys because their number might change.

Personally, I either get my US shirts blank or with my name and/or just my number. My '06 qualifying and '10 qualifying are my name and number I wore when I played. My WC10 shirt is just number (and my brothers have the same shirt with their numbers). My hooper shirt is blank.

ckl26 repped this.
  6. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What year is this?

7. pyron

pyron New Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
  8. Papin

Papin BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 19, 1998
    le côté obscur
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

9. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I really liked the red and white hoops. I do like the shield on the centennial.

CTS26 repped this.
  10. RGRAY55

RGRAY55 Member

Philadelphia Union
    Apr 10, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Attached Files:

11. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the draw today, we should wear Camo kits for this World Cup because every game is going to be one helluva battle.

12. RGRAY55

RGRAY55 Member

Philadelphia Union
    Apr 10, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha jungle camo!

00Kevin repped this.
  13. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A grey alternate kit would be nice with some red & navy blue outline or something like that maybe on the collar and sleeves. Someone make my kit dammit!

14. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here you go.
    [​IMG]

15. OkieZebra

OkieZebra Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
    Playing Germany?

We need to go with "Camo - America's Away Colors" and have some 101st Airborne inspired uniforms.

16. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Huzzah! No really that is awesome to read.

I made the point about white/blue to design team memebers myself - and that, between adidas and Nike, their desire to reinvent detracted from their own desire to establish heritage. You want heritage, you go to the Soccer Hall of Fame (RIP Oneonta) and see those pics from a hundred years ago, with the US in white. You want tradition, you stick with something.

Nike designers still have ample opportunity to play around with design for warm ups and third strips and off years and special events and centennials and whatnot - which is great. But we should be in white for the World Cup and meaningful home games, blue when away.

This is why I wasn't happy with cranberry red shirts for 1998. So many fans got on the US bandwagon between '94 and '98 though - and Sam's Army ended up establishing red shirts as the home color for US fans. Grrr. To this day there remains a vocal contingent thats always demanding a red jersey - even though to my knowledge that started in the Nike era. And while there's been some striking aberrations - including sashes, Team America's hoops, vertical stripes, denim, the cranberry - I think white home/ blue away looks great, is a basic enough scheme to allow design variation and has the strongest historical claim of all our schemes.

SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  17. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry i didn't specify, but i meant with the new Nike templates.

18. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA has had a 100% success rate defeating Germany while wearing Olive Green. And ever since then, the only thing the Germans can do well in Brazil, is hide.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Here's the thing about white uniforms, across sports: They suck. They are bland. They're what teams were forced to wear because of black and white TV, so that you could tell the difference between both teams.

They have little to no identity.

You wanna see a kit with identity?:

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

It's unique, and it says AMERICA! White says we're just another England or Germany, or every NFL or NHL road team. No thanks.

20. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How have these kits seriously not leaked by now?? I keep browsing the net, looking at online shops and leaked catalogs but I have found nothing.

Yaznasty and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  21. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well considering I said in my last post I hadn't found anything, I just made a discovery through a leaked Nike catalog.

I don't foresee a change In the crest for the United States this WC. Here is a Nike catalog. No breakthrough details though it does confirm the US will have a white and royal blue home kit with a red away kit. Here are the N98 jackets for the interpretation of "royal blue." I like it. For further evidence that the crest won't change, refer to the "Core Tee." Those state in the description that they are a recreation of the embroidered crest from the kit. If you look at the Dutch and French tees, they have the newly introduced retro crests while the US has the current badge. I could see a change in the crest color to reflect the royal blue though I can't tell from these photos.
    http://www.eastside.info/fussballshop_neu/datenbank/downloads/_13797630211.pdf
    [​IMG]

SOCCERMARINE and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  22. Susaeta

Susaeta BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They grew on me, mostly because they are iconic. We will see if a variation of them makes the final cut.

SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  23. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will admit that initially they seemed a bit out there. But watching the team in them, with the blue shorts, was pretty cool.

By the way, have you posted anything to help soothe the fear of our draw? Or is it just that dire? :)

24. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    fan-made photoshops. Still, I'd expect a return to the "sublimated sash" given Nike's propensity to go with subtle shading details in the kits we've seen so far. Just a guess on my part, and not any insider information.

I'm pretty sure Michael Kammarman lives in my neighborhood (I've seen him around a couple times carrying luggage). Maybe I can buy him a coffee in exchange for a leak of the jersey... or kidnap him or something.

SOCCERMARINE, AutoPenalti and Pl@ymaker repped this.