New USMNT Kit 2014 thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lucho305, Sep 16, 2013.

1. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    N
    Nike is revealing them in the spring next year I believe. However their have been a few kit leaks for Brazil, Portugal and the Netherlands.

2. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like England's red kit.

IMO, it should be

White - home
    Blue - away
    Red - 3rd kit

3. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one, just want to wear one during victory!

4. RGRAY55

RGRAY55 Member

Philadelphia Union
    Apr 10, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling the retro badge is going to stay. If you look at the leaked France and Netherlands kits you will notice Nike has been using retro badges. Crossing my fingers for the a modified badge from the centennial kits .

SOCCERMARINE, AutoPenalti and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. RGRAY55

RGRAY55 Member

Philadelphia Union
    Apr 10, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, world soccer hop just send me an email with pics of les blues in their new uniforms. I like the simply, classy look of some of the uniforms in this cycle

7. JonfromVegas

JonfromVegas Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I don't think Nike gets to pick the crest. That is probably the federation's call.

8. RGRAY55

RGRAY55 Member

Philadelphia Union
    Apr 10, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah you are probably right. However, I think I remember reading somewhere they were considering a change or usage of the crest in the future.

9. James Gaskill

James Gaskill Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I really don't understand why the Waldos are so popular, they're hideous IMHO, way too much like FC Dallas home kits. The Away and Third kits from 2010 (Blue with white sash, red with blue sash) are my favorites. Ideally the world cup kits would resemble those with the centennial crest becoming permanent.

10. JonfromVegas

JonfromVegas Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Totally man. And what will happen when the USMNT have to play against FC Dallas??? They'll all be wearing the same shirts and won't even know which team they are on. Hope they both don't make it to the playoffs!

Yaznasty repped this.
  11. ClevelandForce

Jan 27, 2010
    I think in 2010 the shirts were unveiled (or leaked) in Feb or March. That's just what I recall.

12. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were leaked in Nov-Dec of 2009 and the Away jersey was unveiled in Mar. 2010.

13. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Nike usually has a big launch in January or early February.

14. 3-4-3

3-4-3 New Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If you go to Niketeam.com and download the spring 2014 men's soccer catalog, look at the new DQT Game Jersey 14, or the Team ID Game Jersey 14 template will probably be one of our jerseys for the WC14

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think a Red/White jersey in that style would look good.

16. RGRAY55

RGRAY55 Member

Philadelphia Union
    Apr 10, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could see them doing something with the TEAM ID jersey. 13 red stripes, etc. The DQT Game jersey could be an interesting secondary in navy.

17. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leaked info claims the Shirt will have a polo collar similar to what's on the France kit.

18. BeloHorizante

BeloHorizante Member

May 27, 2005
    I just messed around with the DQT Game Jersey 13, and it looks OK with the top color being red and the bottom being navy, paired with navy shorts and red socks. But I did have a couple of thoughts....

Based on what we've seen from Nike's designs for Brasil and France so far, it seems like they're going with a more retro style this time around. I'm not sure this template really fits. I think I may have seen a Dutch leak somewhere that might not be retro, so perhaps I'm wrong on this.

Also, unless I am using the tool incorrectly, it looks like the back color is always the same as the bottom front color. This worked when I was using red/navy, since it would still appear as a dark colored jersey. But the only way that would really work as our home jersey would be if it was white/white (since white/navy would have a solid navy back, and may not provide the necessary contrast to the opponents' jersey). So, in this template, our "home" jersey might be white on white, which sort of loses the effect of the template. I checked to see if they had a light grey, similar to the sash on the 2010 white jersey, but the closest they have is pewter.

Also, Like soccermarine said, I'd heard they'd have a polo style collar. I tend to think polo collars look best if the overall design is something of a retro one. I am not sure this template would work with that.

19. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will buy.

20. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nike is getting lazy with these designs. Everyone of them looks exactly the same.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  21. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Does anybody besides me think that a red/white combination is a little bit... oh, "not us?" The red kit (the sash, which I wsa not wild about) with the blue shorts still read as "USA." The numerous blue kits with white shorts, and of course white kits with blue shorts still read as "USA." Whether you like it or hate it (I love it), the hooped Waldos definitely read very strongly as "USA." But red with white shorts? I think first of Arsenal or Man U... not really USA.

SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  22. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Nike's qualifying cycle and Euro Championship designs for 2012-13 I thought were generally very good and, with exceptions, generally quite distinct. But I haven't seen what they've done for 2014 yet.

I do think that Nike tends to get a bit bolder (generally for the better) in the qualifying/Euro cycles and a bit more generic and safe in the World Cup cycles.

23. Susaeta

Susaeta BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Nike's view USA's primary color is white and secondary is blue. That is directly from their VP of Global Football. The hoops were the one real departure from that scheme. Do not lose sleep over a red jersey (other than an alternative jersey). I would be shocked if that were to happen.

Marko72 and CTS26 repped this.
  24. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Didn't Klinsmann force Germany to wear red?

25. dwsmith1972

dwsmith1972 BigSoccer Supporter

May 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to admit really liking our third kit:

[​IMG]