New USMNT Kit 2014 thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lucho305, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Bookmesir

Bookmesir Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real or not, on the "leaked" designs, there is one thing we can count on, the Nike swoosh will be on the chest loud and clear. In the end, that is truly global business protocol: let's give the manufacturer as much publicity as any national team crest. And since they will be outfitting probably half of the teams in Brazil, that swoosh will get more air time than nearly all other icons (with Adidas' three stripes running a close second).

2. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the swoosh actually compliments the designs of Nearly all of Nikes kits considering it is nice and small and doesn't propose any possible design limitations unlike adidas and their 3-stripe kits.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  3. sav19

sav19 Member

Jul 5, 2005

You realize nikes basically the only manufacturer that has only ONE logo on the shirts and ONE on the shorts, right?

The main design aspect every Adidas design is the three stripes PLUS an Adidas logo.

Puma had like 2 or 3 logos on their jerseys.

Nike is probably the smallest mark taking up the smallest percentage of space on their designs do I really don't know how you can say that.

4. BeloHorizante

BeloHorizante Member

May 27, 2005

Yeah, Nike actually keep it simple, as do Umbro. Of course, until very recently, Umbro were a subsidiary of Nike, so some overlap was to be expected. And now that England has switched, I am not sure we'll see any Umbro at the world cup.

Of course, North Korea also kept it simple, but that's a whole different animal.

Adidas will have a simple logo....but then three stripes going down both sleeves/short legs, etc.

Puma's last time around had one on the chest, and one on each shoulder.

When Italy were with Kappa, they put the logo on both arms/shoulders.

Nike are also the only major brand in recent memory that I can remember, who actually took their logo off of the shirt, with Italy for Euro 96, though that was driven by the federation:

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co...6-97-italy-player-issue-home-shirt-10-xl.html

5. quitoamature

quitoamature Member

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    got to relize that its with brazil in mind expect alot of flashy uniforms.

just imagine that white w/ blue sash and red shorts, crazy.

best ever was qualification in 01 all red, blue v neck (away). simple and classy.

6. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    We wanr Red! We want Red!

Pl@ymaker and kba4life1 repped this.
  7. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very surprised if USSF and Nike want to continue paying royalties to USA Rugby for the use of the All-American crest

8. USAsoccer1

USAsoccer1 Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You asked and you shall receive...Lets get the Party Started :) us-soccer-2014-world-cup-jersey-leak-large-628x399.jpg

9. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah I doubt those are real. Also look at the distance of the crest to collar in those vs. the Centennials.

USAsoccer1 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though only thing that I like about the white shirt is the blue Sleeves on it. I would look better with a crew or V-neck without a sash. The Away kit needs some red details on it. Just looking at it, it reminds of the Nike Tiempo teamwear jersey you can buy for 18$ on WSS.

11. worldsoccer-Jeff

Mar 4, 2000
    Atlanta
    I really like the red and white stripes. It a good look, unique, and recognizable as the USA. I hope they keep them, but I don't think they will.

DjTannerr and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  12. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    I like the current blue kit with white sleeves, though I may be the only one. The stripes are good, too, and I hope they stick around in some form with some alterations (better numbers, please).

I'll echo that the "leaks" look like fakes.

I'm guessing they'll go back to something 1950-inspired for the WC. A red and navy kit would be welcome.

13. Markov41

Markov41 Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything is good as long as we get rid of the white centennial kits. Am I the only one here who doesn't want to look exactly like England?
    [​IMG]

14. Canuckamericano

Jun 16, 2011
    Club:
    Nashville Metros
    Those are fantastic IMHO!

15. mckersive

mckersive Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, why aren't twitter messages being shown as an inline image?

16. mckersive

mckersive Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Centennial jersey came out first, didn't it? Also England fans hated this as it looked too "German."

SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  17. DCUPedro

DCUPedro Member

Feb 12, 2010
    District of Columbia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nike is going to want to leak some fakes intentionally, so as to throw off counterfeiters.

USAsoccer1 repped this.
  18. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA kit news according to Footy Headlines. This site is almost always accurate. http://www.footyhead...d-away-kit.html

USA 2014 World Cup Home Kit
    The new USA 2014 Home Jersey is mainly white with a luscious blue as second color. The new USA 2014 World Cup Home Kit comes with a white flat knit collar with a blue contrasting tipping. The USA Home Kit for the 2014 World Cup will feature blue sleeve cuffs.

USA 2014 World Cup Home Kit
    The new USA 2014 World Cup Away Kit will be mainly red with white applications. USA 2014 World Cup Away Jersey will include folded sleeve cuffs and comes with a red short. Like the Home Kit the Away Jersey will be presented in early 2014."

Marko72, doogiemo and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. Conartist

Conartist Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    USA in monochrome red?? No thanks. Hoping this ends up as just a rumor. I feel that contrasting shorts make for a much nicer, more balanced look. Especially with red tops, where a healthy dose of navy pulls it all together. It sounds like FIFA really is pushing a monochrome World Cup. It would be a real shame considering all the classic looks that would fall victim to that if it is indeed the case.

20. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red shorts? Been awhile since we've had that.

21. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the hoops. I hope we keep them. The sash is terrible and should be ditched.

I just want to finally get into something that we can carry on a bit.

Tom Collingsworth, Pl@ymaker and ckl26 repped this.
  22. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sash is awesome and I want to keep it. Aside from Peru, Puebla and River Plate (that I can think of) the design is pretty unique and yet simple. I might be biased because my dad is Peruvian, but I've always thought their jersey was f_cking badass.

SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  23. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone else have a MAJOR problem with kits having a collar? This ain't a polo shirt, it's an athletic shirt. It needs to have minimal distractions. Dealing with a stupid collar irritating your neck is not helpful. It also gives the option of some moron trying to look all retro by wearing it up. No thanks.

24. hojalimpia

hojalimpia Red Card

Oct 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

StillKickin and SOCCERMARINE repped this.