New USA Kits 2

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by GunnerDawg, Sep 21, 2011.

1. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Re: New USA Kits

Yes! My most insignificant complaint about the Klinsmann era has been solved. :)

2. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY
    It's not so much whether or not the cool kids are doing it as whether or not they suck. Honestly, if Nike just decided to stick with one general design - not a gimmick like the sash, but an actual design - I'd be okay with that as long as it was decent.

3. whiteball

whiteball Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Not the best jersey ever, but not the worst either.

4. sav19

sav19 Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Well hopefully we stick with the horizontal stripes. We've had our most successful run wearing those in the confeds cup and the stripes are actually symbolic. I wouldn't be against a hooped home and a sashed away. I'll be very happy if the hoops are here to stay though. I think our success in this upcoming cycle will determine if we see a hoops in the wc or not.

5. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure why people are embarrassed about hoops. Lots of teams wear hoops. Heck, Granada CF's (La Liga) kit is red and white hoops, with blue shorts and white socks. The exact same as our new kit.

It seems some of you just want a plain white shirt.

6. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember, people didn't like the 08/10 home jerseys we wore..."looks like we're sponsored by Tommy Hilfiger," people said. Once we got to the Confederations Cup Final, you couldn't find them in stores.

The WC jerseys were sold out from May until October of 2010. OCTOBER. Not bad for a jersey that "everyone" hated. The sash was great and the red third was exactly what people had asked for for years...still people hated.

Remember all the outcry over this year's away jerseys? Well, after a timely 1-0 victory over Italy, suddenly people like them. The point being, a significant win and it changes the perception of the jerseys.

The hoops jersey is great. I love it. I'm not worried about people hating on them now. We beat Scotland or Brazil in those jerseys, I bet they once again fly off the shelves.

Do I like the ghost sash with the hoops? I'd rather they had left it off. But, I agree with those who say that we should have the red/white hoops as our home jersey and then maybe the sash or a solid color navy as our away. We all want a home jersey that people will know is the U.S. just like Croatia or Argentina. It smartly is based off our flag and is something that no one else has (which solves one of the biggest complaints on BS...that we "look like everyone else").

When the USMNT take the field on May 26th against Scotland, we'll see the hoops live for the first time. And I, for one, will have them on in the stands.

7. sav19

sav19 Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Yes.

8. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    [​IMG]

I don't see red hoops there.

USA teams wear white shirts. White. Not hoops.

9. ClevelandForce

Jan 27, 2010
    They are called STRIPES, people.

[​IMG]

10. sav19

sav19 Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Idk about you guys, by I have absolutely no connection to that team. Im not even sure it was a us soccer federation or just a group of guys that were able to travel.

I just know last time we had horizontal red STRIPES we upset the number 1 team in the world and we nearly shocked the world and beat brazil in a championship game. I do prefer that crest though. And USA teams have worn everything we haven't established a tradition. And I hope the stripes are permanent.

Also weren't we supposed to have white shorts to go worth our aways?? I think an all white look would be nice.

11. JJxvi

JJxvi Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think the red and white hoops (yes horizontal stripes) with blue shorts would be the iconic USA look within about 10 years if we kept it. The look would easily become synonomous with USA soccer just like teams like Mexico/Brazil/Netherlands etc end up closely associated with their colors.

I think we all know that its unlikeley we stick with anything for longer than 2 years though.

12. JonfromVegas

JonfromVegas Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    The problem with the white shirt is that it hasn't caught on as an "iconic" look for the USA, probably because there are other teams that are more associated with that look.

13. notinthe18

notinthe18 Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I don't like the new kits at all. What we need is consistency. We need to stick with one design and one color scheme that is both distinctive and consistent. We can't have a wide variety of designs ranging from denim, beauty pageant sashes, and where's waldo candy cane designs.

Here's a brief history of the USA kits over the years.

http://project2010.wordpress.com/20...it-a-history-of-the-modern-u-s-soccer-jersey/

14. ClevelandForce

Jan 27, 2010
    Ignoring the fact that during World Cups we have consistently stuck with white shirts for our home jerseys and blue shirts for our aways for, I dunno, at least 12 years....

....why exactly do we need to have ONE rigid design? Why do people cry about this every single time US shirts are unveiled? What does it matter to you if we have a vertical stripe like in 2006, or a sash like in 2010, or bleeding armpit™ shirts like in 2002? You know it's the USA on the field....why do people have this frantic need for us to be "instantly recognizable" like Brazil or the Netherlands?

I'd rather have consistency on the field in the form of making the knock-out stages every WC. I don't care one iota what we wear (as long as we don't look like Miss America). And I certainly don't want us to randomly choose some stupid design element just to placate people clamoring for it.

15. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it sure as hell better not be

if we want a jersey to be an iconic USA look, at least make it so that the sight of it doesn't make our eyes bleed

16. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    amen.

17. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wondering if Klinsmann is going to give everyone their "normal" numbers back? The Nike advertising has the players back to their standards - Clint has the number 8.

This jersey in particular would look odd with any blank areas.

18. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What color are the letters/numbers on the back of the jersey?

19. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Bunbury2Agudelo
    [​IMG]

20. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you very much, I was hoping they would be more of a blue though :(

21. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need the stars on the shorts now! :cool:

22. ScrappytheSeal4

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then the US kits would finally have a style like you all wanted: "ironic".

23. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does it not seem like those numbers are going to be hard to see from far away???

24. crparke

crparke Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think we've seen a picture of the back of these jerseys yet. Is it really just a large white square with blueish grey numbers?

25. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]