New USA Kits 2

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by GunnerDawg, Sep 21, 2011.

1. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That looks better than the away kit.

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  2. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

This is how the away jersey appears in EA's World Cup game, I think it looks really good with blue shorts

3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    They could only wish.

Maybe that's what the Fire were going for. Chicago is definitely giving me Bullets Fever.

4. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I *wish* it looked that classy.

5. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know... I'd have to see them side-by-side. I've been thinking the red shorts look better. That and wondering why EA hasn't patched that obvious and easily fixable uniform snafu yet.

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  6. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wearing my Michael Bradley popsicle jersey today.

At least 5 people have complimented me around campus about how nice it is.

A lot of "dude, that's a sick jersey" comments.

ttrevett and PabloSanDiego repped this.
  7. mckersive

mckersive Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think, as always, beauty depends on the beholder. Case in point: for my older son, I got him the more staid home jersey, because he cares about his clothing matching etc (younger teen), whereas my crazy 11 yo (who purposefully mismatches sox and wears clashing colors), I got him the away jersey. Each loves his own jersey and neither envies the other: perfect.

StillKickin and GiallorossiYank repped this.
  8. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like you're a good parent haha

mckersive repped this.
  9. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as I posted in the "Away" thread, I picked up my #4 Bradley away kit yesterday after work. I only wore it around the house last night but I really like it. It'll be my main shirt when I get to Brazil. The nice thing about the Dry-Fit material is it's easy to wash and it dries quickly. I'll wear it out some this weekend.

definitely "classy" is the wrong adjective for it! It's definitely bold and colorful though....I think our guys are going to look good out on the pitch in it. I like the away kit a lot more than the boring home kit, IMHO that's the failure. I think the home kit looks really bad when the numbers and name are on it. It would be fine without the name/numbers as our coaches and staff polo on the sidelines, not as a players' kit.

10. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The popsicle jersey was apparently made for the younger generation.

11. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    FYI - bigsoccershop.com has the USA jersey customization for ~$5. just ordered a bradley home. debating on the away....

12. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WorldSoccerShop has the same thing going, but it's only for the home. The away customization is at the regular price.

ETA: It's the same thing at the BS Shop...just the home customization is on sale, not the away.

13. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

Best kit the US ever had. Only improvement would have been white shorts with the red/blue vertical stripes.

Some teams have adopted a pattern to go with their colors. Argentina, Peru and N. Ireland come to mind. This could have been the US's permanent look. Classy, simple, and --best of all-- with white shorts, it uses primarily one color and doesn't force clashing colors into one kit the way Brasil and France do.

ClevelandForce and SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  14. mckersive

mckersive Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely a nice look, but did people at the time complain that these weren't USA colors like the debate that is raging about the hue of the current jerseys (away especially)?

As for a particular look, your examples' (Argentina and Peru) patterns echo/copy the motifs on their respective flags. (N Ireland I suppose is just to distinguish from ROI.) I suppose the waldo kit did that for the US in part (the stripes), but don't think the above kit is a good example of USA motif. Also with FIFA wanting solid color kits (at least for the home kit), I think USA missed the cutoff to be grandfathered.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't see how they could have- the shirt is clearly white with red and blue, as are the socks. The shorts are blue. I mean, if some interior design major wanted to nitpick, yeah, the blue is a bit dark, but the hue/lum/sat can be altered.

Peru's flag is a tripanel like Italy's or Mexico's. Their shirt has a diagonal stripe. And Argentina's tripanel is horizontal, while the shirt stripes are vert.

Yeah, and so did the starvomit (a Mr. Warmth term- credit where due) shirts from the '94 Cup. Both are dog ugly. If you have a nice looking flag you can go for the motif. We don't have a nice-looking flag, so it's best IMO to ignore it and go for a great look that would become classic within a few Cups.

Not sure what you're saying here. FIFA wants the home kit to have the same color shirt, shorts and socks? I think that's a great idea.

mckersive repped this.
  16. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grandfathered? There's no grandfather clause on that. If so, then Spain would have some beef, as they're going all red for the first time ever.

17. mckersive

mckersive Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is exactly what I am referring to. I can't tell whether if it is this particular picture, but that blue is a very dark indigo (almost black).
    Yes, but it is their flag, just in a different direction (hence my use of the word motif).

Yes from what I understand. England wearing white shorts was a small controversy over there.

18. mckersive

mckersive Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used it in the loosest sense, but you agree that we will not see Brazil in unicolor kit in 2018 (assuming FIFA does not relax the requirement)?

19. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No I don't agree. Because FIFA has proven that what goes today may not necessarily go tomorrow...or even later today.

20. mckersive

mckersive Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Common! You didn't see my big qualifier? :)

21. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2014 version of a male compliment of the highest order.

GiallorossiYank repped this.
  22. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did. And answered it. The only reason Brazil is not monochromatic this year is because they're the hosts. But believe that they will not be in their traditional blue shorts all the time either with the yellow jersey. They will likely have to wear white shorts at some point.

23. mckersive

mckersive Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Mexico and France (any others) also somehow got by without the predominately light look. That is why I felt that Brazil will continue their iconic colors.

24. kickingdead

kickingdead Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know how much it will be worn but their third is basically all black with small stripes on the shorts. Unicolor is already here.

25. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Brazilian federation only permits the use of the traditional Yellow home and Blue Away kits. That Third Kit will never actually be worn by them in a game.