New USA Kits 2

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by GunnerDawg, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mckersive

mckersive Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely not #nofilter

2. tyguy

tyguy Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Cheeseland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have liked the US polo home way better if Nike had used more color instead of the thin lines. See the Greek jersey for example. Its the same polo, but the whole collar is colored (instead of a thin stripe) and wider stripes on the sleeves.

3. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gah, I was really hoping for something I liked when the away kits came out. They're alright I guess, if you want to be mistaken for the Chilean team . . . .

Any chance we're getting a third jersey?

4. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I purchased the replica $90 home kit online in a large. I am 5'10 183. It fit fairly baggy on me, resulting in it looking like a golf polo. I took it to dicks and traded it for a medium and voila, it looks like a soccer jersey. The material is thin, so it hangs, and the sleeves hang and the body hangs so I deff wanted to go smaller for the tighter fit. Moral of the story, large = golf shirt, medium = soccer jersey. I can post pics of the medium of you like

SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Replica is a lot baggier than authentic.

6. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    super baggy, but its more a "cut" issue . its funny, the difference in cut between large and medium is night and day. its like larges are made with a standard fit golf polo, and the medium with a slim fit. especially in the sleeves and body

7. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From my understanding, authentic kits to to be 1.5 inches smaller armpit to armpit than the replica version.

8. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    for me, i would feel like a superdouche walking around in a shirt with laser cut ventilation holes on the sides

9. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found an authentic red sash jersey at a Ross for something like $25 last summer and I only wore it one time because the ventilation holes feel weird.

10. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted this in the "New USA away kits 2014" thread (with slight edits). This applies only to the AWAY kit. The Home and Away kits do not fit the same even though they are both Nike shirts:

There is a HUGE difference between the Away Match Kit and Away Stadium Kit in sizing. I normally fit really well into a US X-Large shirt, but the Match XL size was really tight all over, especially across the chest and in the shoulders...as well as my gut! It felt like a straightjacket, more like a typical Large. The Stadium XL fit me perfectly, it's significantly bigger than the Match version XL in every way. I tried a Stadium XXL and it fit like a tent, it was massive, it's made for the really big boys. The one size they didn't have for me to try on was a Match XXL, which I would have liked to try. If it fit well I might have ended up buying it.

Also, when I compared them side by side in my hands, to me there was very little difference in quality, color, material, etc. between the Stadium and Match versions, but for sure there's a hug difference in price at $150 and $90. I think the vent holes look cool, but they sure aren't worth $90. I had every intention of splurging on the match Kit for Brazil but due to the negligible differences and the huge cost disparity I went for the stadium model.

One more thing: I earlier bought the Home Stadium kit in XL, and I think it fits a bit snugger than the away XL stadium kit.

So my away kit with #4 and Bradley is being made now and I hope to pick it up in a few days from my local shop. For those of you in San Diego, soccerloco offers a discount for online orders plus an additional 10% off for being an OA member. The full retail price on the Away Stadium Kit with name/number is $116.98 but they took off $22.23 so I got it for $94.75.

11. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a few Waldo's on eBay right now, go get em!

Also I played in the away jersey today, it looked and felt awesome.

12. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I have never seen anything at the Ross near me.

These guys posting must work for Ross.

13. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am happy to say that I have never worked at Ross! :)

14. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Miami, you are bound to find all kinds of old soccer jerseys at Ross. from different NTs, to different clubs from Latin America and Europe. sometimes MLS.

I should be on the look out for old American jersey. last i saw was the blue with white sash. super cheap.

15. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw that listing . . . $179 or something....I'd definitely consider it if they were customized with numbers/names, but they're not.

There's also a very reasonable listing for a Red sash jersey, like $50, but alas it's a large, and I need a M or S....

16. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that red with blue sash is an authentic i would go it for it, Authentics if you don't already know, they fit and feel one size smaller than what is stated on the sizing label.

17. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, I'm pretty certain it'll be too big. I have a Blue/White sash from 2010 that's a player authentic (has the FIFA world cup seal, etc. I got it from an eBay seller in Thailand . . . .).

I can't recall whether it's a small or a medium, but it fits well whichever it is. Thanks for the help though.

18. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gah, does anyone know a good retailer where you might be able to try these things on for size? I want to get a customized (player name/number) one, and the shops say no refunds or returns. But I have no idea if a medium authentic will fit versus a small stadium, etc. . . . I don't care if I get the stadium or the authentic, I just want whichever fits me best, and with two different cuts, me being between sizes . . . it's just not very straightforward.

19. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Unfortunately where I live all they have is Barcelona and Man United knock offs.

paulalanr repped this.
  20. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol.

I can at least get a stadium replica US Jersey at Dick's Sporting Goods, but of course no player numbers . . . .

21. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends, look up the nike Sizing charts, measure yourself and decide wether you want true to size as on the size charts or a size bigger. By going true to size with a stadium you can expect a snug fit, True to size in Authentic will give you a very very fitted feel. Keep this in mind, Stadiums tend to be 1.5 inches wider armpit to Armpit than Authentics in the same size.

22. chris4usa

chris4usa Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In regards to the jersey cuts - I am 6' 1" 175 lbs and in both the 2014 home and away Stadium Jersey (Replica) the Large is quite a bit looser than the Medium. Medium is more of a snug fit. I tried all of them on at a local Dick's Sporting Goods just to see which I liked better. FYI The XL was like wearing a very oversized tent.

As far as the home and away in the Match Jersey (Authentic player cut) obviously DSG doesn't carry the authentic so maybe a local soccer shop near you might have them which you could try on. But sometimes those are harder to find than the replicas. As a reference to your question, if the 2014 World Cup jerseys are anything similar to the Stripes Authentic (Waldo) kit I would go up a size if you are going to go that route. The Authentic Waldo kit I have is an XL, which is a much better fit than the Large authentic which was super tight in the shoulders and across the chest. I normally wear a Large jersey but I'm glad with the authentic that I opted to go up a size.

23. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    paulalanr, having just gone thru this myself you really should try to find a retailer and try them on and not go by the sizing charts or your best guess. I was way off in my initial guess. If it was a $30 t-shirt no big deal, but at $90 or $150 a pop, you don't want to get a jersey that you never wear because it doesn't fit right. As I mentioned the cuts are really different between the Match and Stadium versions, not just in size but in every way. Everybody's body is put together differently, so my recommendation is to do whatever you can to find them and try them on first before dropping the big bucks.

24. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $179?!?! wtf i saw 3 that were all $90!

25. GunnerDawg

GunnerDawg Member

Oct 1, 2009