New USA away kits 2014

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by vmax71, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Any news on a possible third jersey?

2. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, looks like a boy scout uniform from what I hear.

3. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the best way to strike fear in the heart of opponents is to show up dressed like this:

[​IMG]

4. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The uniform will actually come with a ceremonial bandana, which should please the Outlaws.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It might strike fear into the U17 World Cup opponents.

6. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Not sure if you guys have seen this, the away jersey appears with blue shorts in EA's world cup game, i think it looks pretty good that way

7. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's an improvement!

8. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    You are mocking me aren't you?

9. tyguy

tyguy Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Cheeseland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spotted a little lad wearing the Bomb Pop jersey at Goldfield ghost town near Apache Junction, AZ the other day.

SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  10. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I picked up my #4 Bradley Away Stadium Kit yesterday from the local shop. I know a lot of you don't like it, and even hate it, but I like it. It's bold and colorful and I think it's going to look good on our side out on the pitch. I'll be wearing it a lot in Brazil this summer, as I know if I wear the white Home Kit out I'm going to spill beer and food on it and ruin it. Plus I can wear the home kit as a polo shirt to work when I get back home, I don't see myself wearing the away kit too often. I'll probably save the home kit for the 2 times when I'll be watching the US games in the bars in Brazil.

I also got the red stadium away shorts. I'm sure I'll never wear the shorts and jersey together (except in the privacy of my own home when my wife isn't home!) but I wanted them for the gym and just hanging out. They look OK, but they don't seem to be made very well, especially for $40. Not sure if I'll bring them to Brazil because they don't have any pockets.

11. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why, are you a boy scout?

12. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Not a Boy Scout.

13. The Foo Fighter

The Foo Fighter Member+

Mar 15, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the home already, but I can't decide if I want this one. I am going to buy one more jersey/item of clothing before the WC. I can't decide between this, the Portland 3rd, or the Germany Away.

14. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
  15. 21st Century Pele

Apr 16, 2014
    Anything's an improvement

16. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The regular "Phantom Boardshorts" go for $125 a pop full retail! wow...I guess I'm really out of it, I didn't know there were shorts anywhere going for more than $50. The USA ones will be at least that much, if not more. I was considering a pair, but not at those prices. I've spent enough on overpriced US gear!

17. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    heh, the site doesn't even exist anymore. Too bad, I've seen those types of knockoffs and they look great... plus they have the centennial shirts

18. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
  19. Pkauffma

Pkauffma Member

Feb 23, 2007
    HI
    I won't buy one this time around. But I like it. The crest in 2006 was great, and then we crashed out. Sort of a huge waste.

20. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    So the newest kits were out in force last night at Candlestick. They (Domino Delivery Boys) still look like a bag of a$$ to me. The white polos have reached a point with me where they look half way decent.

Those Waldo kits look absolutely wonderful to me now. They need to do something similar the next cycle.

21. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    For all the talk that "no one are going to buy these hideous monstrosities" on this forum, it seemed like half the crowd had one on last night. Yes, even I have to admit that I have one coming in the mail for me this week.

22. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought they looked GREAT on the players last night! A bunch of AO members had them on at our official bar/viewing party last night too. I really like this away kit a lot, probably second all time to only the Waldo for me. BTW, I wore my home kit last night, I still think it's just 'OK'. I came straight from work and wore it as a polo at work, the away jersey is too casual for me at work. On Sunday I'll be wearing my red Away Kit with the #4/Bradley, glad he didn't change numbers. I realize everybody's opinions differ and I recognize that a lot of people don't like the Bomb Pop...but I do.

23. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Are they already producing knock-offs of the Bomb Pops? I did notice that some looked much better than others. Some had a faded, drab kinda quality to them.

24. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I've seen knockoffs all over the internet lately... Some of the Thai sellers have really upped their games.

25. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the Thai knockoffs are really really close and the quality is not bad at all, but it is inferior. I work in Bangkok 3-4 months out of the year, and there are these two football jersey shops (they also sell Muay Thai gear) right at the base of the Nana station (SkyTrain) stairs on Sukhumvit Rd at about Soi 11. I've been in them dozens of times and bought a few jerseys, they start by asking about US$50 (1500 baht) but their rock bottom price is 500 baht (US$17). They also sell jerseys out on the street in the stands along the sidewalk. When there's a big transfer (e.g. Bale to Madrid) that very same night the new kit with his name is out on the streets, I think they guess at the number. I just left there in mid-May and they didn't have the new US kits though, I was bummed. I was going to take one and put "Bomb Pop" on the back.