New Third Kit

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Tyr, Nov 12, 2012.

1. DOOPist

DOOPist Member

May 17, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I think it's important to note that while the Club America shirt shows that Bimbo is willing in some circumstances to use a monotone logo, it does not mean that they would be willing to do so with the Union. It is impossible for us to know, but our contract may state that the logo has to be displayed in color.

I'd love to see it though. I also echo the thoughts that the shirts would look (and wear) better with a sublimated logo instead of the bumper sticker-esque vinyl.

2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors are that the logo on the new 3rd shirt is a retro one, which only appears to be monochrome from what I've gathered.

UnionizedPA and Handsome Pete repped this.
  3. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rumor out there is that the jersey may be black. I liked the all star jerseys last year, and I'm sure that the Union's third jerseys will be completely different. I do, however, sincerely hope that they do not utilize the silver lettering and numbers that they used for those kits. I know they were to be special occasion for those kits, I just hope they are not "the next big thing" and end up on our kits. heck, I'm not a fan of the gold on the Galaxy thirds either.

4. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Ugh, black? Really? We need a color that we can wear that is completely different from blue, so as to not force teams like Montreal, DCU, and New England to not have to wear their road kits at home, and we're going with black? I'm not saying I won't buy it eventually, but strictly for wearing a different color than your opposition, we should be going with a color that isn't blue/dark blue/black.

5. UnionBulldog

UnionBulldog Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Ridley Park
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I am not an advocate of using black or white as a primary color on a kit I would personally like black more than white. I think that a black kit with the signal blue name and numbers could be done nicely. To me, the white/black kits are common enough that you have to do something special to make them standout. I was not impressed with the original 3rd kit.

6. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Union listened to me. (FC Tucson's Home Colors are black)
    [​IMG]

I'm guessing it will look like the new Chivas Mexico jersey.
    [​IMG]

7. aztec21bas

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope not... it blows!

8. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, only whimps need painted on ab lines.

9. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    that uniform is so boring. as if the U didn't bore everyone already, now they just want to bore the opposition into submission with the black jerseys? stay away from the black jersey. the brooklyn nets look like they are on probation with theirs. and that is the nba!

10. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    where is this rumor from?

11. aztec21bas

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is my post from 12/3. I spoke to a guy who works for Angelo's (not going to say who, but he is management) and asked why they did not get them into the store for the Union's holiday open house. The above is from that conversation. I know others have heard the same rumors. I also talked to two different players, and both, while not sharing details have expressed that the jersey is awesome.

12. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody knew about the prior/current alternate jersey until opening day versus Vancouver.

13. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    you mean when everyone thought we were the other team?

TonyClarkDOOP repped this.
  14. RGRAY55

RGRAY55 Member

Philadelphia Union
    Apr 10, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if its not white it doesn't necessarily have to be Black. It could be any number of colors. Here is to hoping to something interesting that isn't bland like that monogram bimbo chivas jersey. We need a color that isn't similar to our two blues. Yellow, or gold of some sort or something!

15. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    nice. i just want to buy the goddamn thing, i dont care what it looks like. the u is so booty when it comes to merchandise. take seattle, for example, they have a so much more variety then us, a non angelfire webstore, and they dont cross dress the mannequins. I want to buy shit, so give me more shit to buy.

aztec21bas repped this.
  16. aztec21bas

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy did not only say that it was not white, but stated "it is kinda the opposite of white." Now, I am not a science major, artist, or interior decorator by trade, but I was always under the impression that black was/is "kinda the opposite of white". Myself, I am beginning to fall into the something totally different from the normal Union colors camp. How about a gray base with the navy , signal blue, and gold colors as accents. Or heck, really go bat-shit crazy and go with some bizarre highlighter color that is not currently in use. I'm thinking about say the old Everton Pinks or maybe a neon blue!?

I am with you, lol! I see someone else on BS also has a Union shopping problem.

ericlfd repped this.
  17. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    seriously. i think they are screwing up on their merchandise. holding out on releasing the kit is dumb. they did that on the last one, and how many alternate jerseys do you see around? they dont even sell them on most websites. people are hype for the season now, and would buy it now. release the schedule, then BOOM release the jersey a few days later when people are at ultimo hype. instead, lets wait until the season starts, and we (potentially) suck on all the balls again, and then release it...but only in super slim fit.

18. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another idea for a black Union jersey?
    [​IMG]

19. aztec21bas

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to keep pissing in your wheaties, but this would also fall in the absolutely no way category.

20. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Count me into the highliter camp. I'd love to see us wear an orange kit like MacMath does, or even a brighter kit, like these three here...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'd be on board with any of those choices. Black is just so bland.​

TonyClarkDOOP repped this.
  21. drewuke

drewuke Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    What's with the Battlefield 3 explosion on that?

22. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, just no.

23. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know.
    It's a 3D Jersey.
    I'm just posting Black 3rd Jerseys that Adidas has done for teams.

24. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Philadelphia Independence called and wants their kits back.

25. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Nov 7, 2009
    Lawrenceville
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of hard for a defunct team to call anyone.