New Stadium Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Colm, Sep 18, 2013.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    'look at all options', though.

anyone else concerned about what the most logistically sensible of those might be? :cautious: :unsure: :sick:

2. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    play at wembley for one season using the bottom and middle tiers which has a total capacity of 50,835.

Hauler and phoenixhazard repped this.
  3. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup I agree with Colm. They could put out advertisements in the upper tiers. That would be great.

4. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Great news: The CPO has been confirmed. The company that we're buying the land from can still appeal but if it stands, there is only 5% of the site left to be approved.

SPUR-ious repped this.
  5. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Basically the last of the old businesses has been given notice that they need to take the deal and get out. Spurs have no more legal restrictions on the land side of the stadium project.

adrenaline11 repped this.
  7. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tomorrow is the deadline for archway to launch and appeal, if they don't then I think the green light is given for construction to go ahead and we'll probably see renders of the new stadium. If they do appeal, then it's going to delay the new stadium even further, so fingers crossed a deal has been reached with archway and we can go ahead and build our new stadium.

8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  9. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The three most talked about are Wembley, the Olympic Stadium (Stretford) and MK Dons. Dons is the smallest ground, but easy to get to, decent condition and would be cheap for the club. Wembley would be fun, but expensive and a bit of a cavern. Stretford is the easiest to get to in and around London but not the best for football.

10. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This will never get built. The high court appeal will take a long time and even if archway lose that they can take it to the european courts of human rights.

If we do play a season away Wembley makes most sense but Ipswich or Brighton wouldn't be too bad

11. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    My wife and I have been binge watching the Sopranos on amazon, so my first thought is to burn this archway place down to the ground.

BalanceUT repped this.
  12. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #37 Hauler, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Read a little more about Archway and they do have a right to fight for their place as they have been there for 50 years I saw... Instead of trying to buy them out Spurs should be trying to keep them there and hell giving them business. This would go a long way in the community and probably help with this matter. Just seems shitty for both parties. I can understand both stands on this. Family owned company who from their pictures does great work and us wanting to move forward.

https://www.facebook.com/archwaysm/timeline

Gooners are loving it. Stupid idiots.

Well Wembley for me is the only viable option. Close off the top and put adverts up in the top section seats and for big rivals Arsenal I bet we could sell out the whole freaking stadium maybe..... Still that would be the only place I could see us playing for that one season anywhere else is going to have an adverse effect on our players I believe.

13. COYS

COYS Member

Jul 29, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't see the new stadium going ahead...ever.

14. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... watching the Sopranos will do that.

15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Archway can't actually ao
    Down the road you mean ;)

It wouldn't be a bad idea in theory but it would never happen. I'm hoping either Wembley or Olympic stadium with the latter being more likely.

17. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Yeah, Olympic looks like the play here. Laughs will be had if our average attendance there is higher than West Ham's.

18. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Problem with Olympic and Wemberly are the number of events per year is limited. Although for a one-off year could get waived. There is also talk of Upton Park for a year....

19. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I like Upton Park, but I'm curious. was forfeiting that land/stadium to the city a part of the deal that took them to the Olympic stadium? I'd hate paying west ham rent almost as much as enriching MK dons ... but I can't imagine that they got to keep it in the deal. being vacant, Upton Park makes sense in a way.

on the other hand, can you imagine the policing at our home games? would the Boleyn Pub become a spurs boozer for a year? and what about west ham away to tottenham? it's hard to imagine.

20. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still hope Wembley will open their doors to us. That would be an amazing opener for the new stadium and that could attract some high profile targets to come and play for us.

21. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wembley is the best choice. It is inherently neutral, so any worries over local populations affiliations, security, etc. are not major issues. It is high profile and large enough to accommodate all our fans and large numbers of opposing fans (which I don't love, but should be good for financials which will be dicey through this period). It will not degrade the attractiveness of the club to bring in good quality players.

22. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't usually quote myself, but...

24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    we have a suspect.

dashiel and BalanceUT repped this.
  25. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    It's obviously somebody who reads my insightful posts.