Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing those aren't real. If they are I need to see more pictures. I don't love what I see but I don't hate it so far either. I need more to go on.

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Hard to imagine them not being real, as in the paper commissioned them. Perhaps they are old. It does bear a resemblance to that blurry picture from the summer.

Midfield General repped this.
  3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I bet that it is embellished. I don't understand why people don't want it to have any elements of the Coloseum. It would be silly to neglect the finest piece of ancient architecture which just happens to be in said city

Barilla and Midfield General repped this.
  4. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, you aren't going to get the full picture until we see the HD renderings. No stadium will look good in pixelated jpeg.

whill4 and Midfield General repped this.
  5. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They look like really early drafts to me.

Midfield General repped this.
  6. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the club's website:
    Yeah they definitely look like early drafts to me.

7. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    @Daniel741L: According to ForzaRoma, the stadium design doing the round on twitter was purposefully leaked by Roma to get a feel for the feedback.

8. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that wall behind the goal was one of the first things I noticed about the renderings. That will create an awesome atmosphere if it's real.

9. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Club Statement: http://www.asroma.it/en/news/10/30_club_statement/

So there is that. It is possible the paper got their hands on early renderings and the project has since been updated.

10. SRQuake

SRQuake Member

Jul 26, 2013
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it looks awful. Its either we get a modern stadium with some old school architecture feel and respect to history. Or a fully blown new minimalist design most ppl will find disrespectful BC it looks like every super club stadium. I choose respect history. Can't win them all. I don't have any examples. But if some of you have examples on how you would want it to look like then that would help us understand what you want. Not that it matters since we have no say unless you protest

11. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speak for yourself, I'm a Sheikh.

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    And here I thought I was alone in being super wealthy ;)

SoCalYid repped this.
  13. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't mind the Coliseum look, I am more concerned with the inside. That wall of yellow Dortmund has, is the most important thing our stadium needs. I really want that, it would be such an intensely crazy atmosphere and I just can't wait to see De Sanctis run into the stands and start flipping out. I will say it seems tacky to go with an outside Colosseum look, but there is a possibility to make it look good. They are just going to have to get it right, or it will look tacky, however no one will give a shit what the outside looks like if there are 60k people going ape shit inside.

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I REALLY want something like this :40

15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Personally he didn't mean it like that, more so about feeling the atmosphere firsthand which is so unique. Bragging about money is not a line to go down.

16. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Makes sense for them to leak it, deny anything and still check out feedback to see if they're on the right track.

Making the columns, clearly not out of stone will be difficult to not look cheap. As long as they don't make steel beams coated in some cheap plastic. Actually a modern twist on them out of steel would be more interesting. You pay respect to the greatest sporting arena ever made but with class..

17. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #942 GamE_Ove12, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    Yes my post was bragging about money just as much his post was about explaining the first hand experience I lack sitting behind my stream.

[​IMG]

18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lol you really are a bit of a twat. Your post reads like that and will do to any casual observer. Take a deep breath and relax an odd time

stugotz repped this.
  19. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I am as relaxed as I can be. I am sorry most of my posts read like that to you to the point you call me names. Will try explaining the punchline on blackboard next time for you.

20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Thanks, some day I look forward to being as witty and clever as you.

21. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If I had more powers I would give yellows to both @DDR and @GamE_Ove12 for
    1) making the others read completely unrelated and useless phrases directed against each other
    2) insulting each other
    3) and most importantly, failing to acknowledge that it is already high time to stop

I was so happy to see @DDR posting again, but the happiness vanished with all those BS afterwards....

22. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fair enough. I apologize for 1& 3 but I don't think I insulted anyone in my posts.

At any rate, I will try to refrain from personal responses.

23. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    il Tempo the newspaper that published the pictures claims they are real and obtained from a source close to Dan Meis himself. But they added that they might be rough/initial drafts. They also confirmed the same pictures from a document that was circulated to get sponsors.

24. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still the question is whether those are the final draft. If they were a earlier draft or one of a few proposed designs they would technically be right. We'll see, stuff usually starts to leak in higher frequency before it's officially announced.

25. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dan Meis got Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.27.23 AM.png back to me when I showed him the Dortmund video above

ASRomaUSA, Andreas, iGiallorossi and 6 others repped this.