New Revs employee now on BigSoccer

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Ok, but I think we are possibly thinking that this sort of thing will appeal to two different types of fans. Not that I want to ignore the hardcore fans...but they go already. Sure, making it easier for them to go would be a good gesture by the organization BUT this franchise needs more people in attendance. The only way to do that is by growing the fan base. Of course you don't want to alienate current fans, but hardcore fans can be appeased in other ways, specifically by putting a better product on the pitch.

2. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    If ticket purchasers were informed about the Fort at the time of the purchase, that would decrease the number of uncomfortable people sitting in the Fort.

I'm not blaming the SGs. I just pointed out that communication works both ways. Take this thread as an example. Marcus communicating with BigSoccer forum members, and vice versa.

3. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I agree. You should inform them.

4. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they don't teach this in the Albanian MBA programs, but if people are buying Revolution tickets, yet given a choice, the team does not lose anything in total attendance. It is just a matter of where they sit. And if they are going to sit, everyone would be happier if they were in a "regular" section.

If someone wants a cheap ticket, all the rep has to do is ask, "Do you want the Fort? That's the rowdy section where everyone stands and drums and sings the whole game, or would you rather have a regular section?"

The Fort isn't for everyone, so it's better to let people enjoy their experience in whatever way they are most comfortable. They won't be coming back otherwise.

Crooked and RevsFanDan repped this.
  5. CottageRev

CottageRev Member+

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I liked the idea someone had a while back about tiering the stadium in some way by fan participation. I can't do the Fort because I also can't stand up for 90 minutes (and I'm not a huge fan of the way some Fort fans can get very off-color as well), but I also don't like being around the sit-on-your-hands-and-be-quiet and the loud-kid-not-paying-attention-to-the-game brigades either (which unfortunately is the case a lot of the time for me). If there could be a "middle ground" section for fans who want to cheer and pay attention but can't do Fort culture, that would be ideal.

RevSoccerMV, Crooked and patfan1 repped this.
  6. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to suggest the same thing; an intermediate fort.

In addition to those that don't/can't stand all game long, I think it would be good for newbs as well. I think the whole supporter culture can be a great asset to the league, but it can be a little jarring for some individuals. However, a section right nextdoor could provide space those that are interested (or could become interested) in joining the fort. It could be a great place for college kids or young-uns that aren't MLS veterans to learn what the league is all about.

Crooked, patfan1 and RevsFanDan repped this.
  7. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome Marcus.
    I apologize if this has already been discussed, I got lost in the JDesq derail.
    Can you tell us a little bit about your story. When were you in Colorado and what was your role with the Rapids?
    When did you join the Revs and why? What is your title and role? Did you move here and decide to stick with an MLS team, or did the Revs recruit you for a specific role?

mrt/MLS and RevSoccerMV repped this.
  8. RevsSeasonTix

RevsSeasonTix Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'd be happy to share that with you guys. I was in Colorado from 2003-2012 as an AE. Primarily I worked with the youth soccer communities, corporate AND most importantly, supporters groups. I helped start 2 of the 3 existing supporters groups and was on the way to helping launch a 3rd before I left. Joined the Revs last week because I believe that we can accomplish great things here and that a stadium is much closer to reality than most believe (my personal thoughts). my primary goal is to help raise the season ticket base so that when the stadium is announced we can either have a bigger capacity stadium or go into it knowing that it will be packed with fans every time.

9. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please apologize for that offensive thumbnail graphic next to your posts and remove it.

shanary repped this.
  10. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great if a SSS is closer than we know but be careful about saying too much. You might attract the attention and incur the wrath of The Central Scrutinizer, for letting us chattel know too much about the goings on within the immovable density of the Kraft monolith and your Revs career will be over before it gets a chance to really begin.

Are you beginning to tell how demoralized we are yet?

11. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I buy a cat III ticket fairly often during the season when I need an extra. They usually ask if I want Fort or not (they don't voluntarily explain, but maybe if I looked confused they would).

What I think is overlooked is how hectic things get before the game. With lines minutes before the game, every customer is in a rush, so the box office personnel are probably feeling pretty pressured to process orders as fast as they can.

12. RevsSeasonTix

RevsSeasonTix Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The fact that so many of you continue to post and vent means that you care A LOT about this club. That type of passion I can and will always work with.

13. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That's precisely what I have been advocating for.

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frustrated as hell Marcus, but I live and die with this team. And will continue to do so, as long as we have one, anyway.

mrt/MLS and RevsSeasonTix repped this.
  15. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    that is a logistical, and customer service error then

16. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Marcus,
    However, I would like to know a bit more about the circumstances of your hire because it can tell us more about where Revs HG is going right now. Did the Revs create a new position to solve existing problems, and therefore seek you out? Or did you conatct the Revs and inquire about a position?
    Thanks again.

17. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done. I don't know how that even got there. It's been there since the new BigSoccer launched.

patfan1 repped this.
  18. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thannnnnnnkkk you!!!!!!

19. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Fort and The Bunker?

Hmmm... I like it.

20. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The Fort. The Bunker. The Morgue. hmmmmmm

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  21. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe The Fox Hole? Seems to be a good nickname for Gillette Stadium at large. They're both secluded places made for patriots and you're only stuck there if you don't really have another choice.

22. Doublecard

Doublecard Guest

But where will the atheists sit??

23. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Purgatory?

24. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a reason for passionate Rev fans that like to stand a chant to insult passionate Revs fans that would rather sit and intently watch the match? :rolleyes: I don't ever, ever, ever want anyone to call the part of the stadium where the non Fort fans sit the Morgue again---PERIOD :mad:

End Rant

ktsd repped this.
  25. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, I haven't called it such. But you should probably also aim that rant at others in midfield, because there are many there that also call it that.