New Revs employee now on BigSoccer

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rev central needs to learn what every successful business knows:
    Communications, Communications. Communications
    The impression they have projected over the years is they are more closed mouthed than the KGB.

2. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Welcome new guy. ;)

RevsFanDan repped this.
  4. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I can attest to the fact that in one day I've had more communication with Marcus than I've had with the entire Revs organization in 17 years. Ok, maybe that is hyperbole, but he has been very communicative (with me at least) so far. It's refreshing.

Jasonma, patfan1 and Crooked repped this.
  5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry, once Marcus gets to know you... ;)

RevsSeasonTix repped this.
  6. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm lovable :D

7. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marcus, a small detail take up a collection and buy Revs hats to hand out to all those Team Ops stiffs who glare at us while wearing Patriots hats. It will be less insulting to us as we wait out our decades for a sss.

RevSoccerMV repped this.
  8. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome Marcus. One idea to enhance the Fort experience would be to make it very clear what the section is all about and how it differs from everywhere else in the stadium. I am an ex season ticket holder and walked up to the ticket window and asked for and got Fort seats no questions asked. A simple comment by the rep alluding to singing and chanting might tip new people off (especially families) with what they are getting into.

RevsSeasonTix repped this.
  9. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One issue we had is we were specifically told that tickets to the Fort wouldn't be sold at the box office unless specifically asked for. This came from high up in the front office. That sounded like a great idea.

Pretty much two games later, anyone asking for the cheapest tickets were given tickets in the Fort. Ticket giveaway contests were for the Fort.

That brings in a crowd that has no idea what they're getting into and causes a lot of problems.

Doublecard repped this.
  10. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    How do you know that anyone asking for the cheapest ticket was then offered tickets to the Fort? The regulars in the Fort would already have tickets and wouldn't be in the ticket line. Also, the Fort is large enough where if people aren't interested in the singing and chanting, they can find a place to watch the game and not be too bothered by the SGs.

11. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because people who were in the Fort complained about all the goings-on and when asked how they got tickets in the section, they said "these were the cheapest tickets available at the window."

12. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Who did they complain to and what were they complaining about?

Isn't it kind of weird to ask another customer how they obtained their tickets?

13. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When they start complaining around you, you try and calm them. I was still President of the Riders at the time so I tried to help. It was a family with a couple of youngsters, and I tried to explain that this wasn't the best section for them. I then suggested if they wanted to move a couple of sections away, they shouldn't have any problems. But the father responded with, but these were the seats that were sold to us. So I asked if they'd asked for Fort tickets, and they said no, just for the cheapest tickets available.

This same type of issue happened three or four times that year, which means tickets were sold pretty regularly in the section, as I'm sure not everyone really complained about being in the Fort.

In regards to the radio contests (or online contests, whichever they were, which never specified which section you were winning tickets to), a friend of mine won them, and that's how I found out they were giving away Fort tickets.

14. RevsSeasonTix

RevsSeasonTix Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  15. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Hey Marcus, is JDEsq's office across the hall from yours, or is it on another floor?

16. RevsSeasonTix

RevsSeasonTix Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    must be another floor

Doublecard, huskydeac and patfan1 repped this.
  17. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    But were they complaining because of the singing/chanting, or because of the profanity in the singing/chanting?

Are you guys just looking for something like, if someone asks for the cheapest tickets, they should not be told about the Fort, or that they be told about the Fort, but given a disclaimer about profanity or whatever, and possibly not suitable for children?

18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does it matter...?

I think I was pretty damn clear.
    Asking for the cheapest tickets isn't specifically asking for the Fort. There are other sections that pay the same.

19. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    With this thread welcoming a new member of the Revs organization, I don't think it reflects well by introducing the nonsense that I work for Kraft or anything else like that.

20. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That's funny, because you were the first one to start up an argument in this thread. An argument that you cannot support, against someone who actually lived the event. haha I love you.

21. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You wrote that there were people complaining around you, but you didnt specify what they were complaining about.

Also, the Fort are the cheapest tickets. I've never seen other sections that are the same price as the Fort.

22. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You wrote that there were people complaining around you, but you didnt specify what they were complaining about.

Also, the Fort are the cheapest tickets. I've never seen other sections that are the same price as the Fort.

Individual game ticket prices, when purchased in advance are:
    • Category 1 - $44
    • Category 2 - $34
    • Category 3 - $23
    • The Fort (supporters section): $22

23. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The year in question (I believe, monty?) was 2010, when the fort and cat 3 were the same price.

It would be ahrd for you to know, since you get the comped employee tickets to every game.

24. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution

You're really missing the point. We were told that tickets in The Fort wouldn't be sold unless they were specifically asked for. Meaning that asking for the cheapest ticket available would put you in Category 3, not The Fort.

25. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm not arguing with patfan1. I'm just asking him questions about it. I'm not contesting that the event of people complaining about the Fort took place.