NEW Mexican Uniforme in the Works (Nike,Athletica, Umbro ) All want to make it..

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by toot86, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Hey VS

How much have NIKE helped South Korea and Nigeria ?

Nigeria have sucked recently they haven't been getting kick ass friendlies either. South Korea also got crap friendlies and the good ones were mostly because of the fact that they hosted the cup. Also Brazil had to play Saudi Arabia and Iceland to prepare for the cup.

In fact part of the criticism of Brazil 98 was the fact that they were always having to play friendlies with weak teams like Honduras and Ecuador (at that time) and that screwed up the team.

Its doubtful Nike will make a good shirt for the Tri and it doesn't bode well for them in terms of respect internationally. I really have my doubts but whatever. I just want Mexico to do well, regardless of the shirt.

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Amen to that.

As long as the FMF controls their scheduling..I am cool.

ALthough having a nice jersey is a plus:D

I think Abba made a great jersey in France98. Ithink Atletica made a classy jersey in Korea02.

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Rafael Hernandez

Hey VS How much have NIKE helped South Korea and Nigeria ?

It is hard to say since i dont follow either of those teams.

Nigeria have sucked recently they haven't been getting kick ass friendlies either.

This has more to do with the incompetence of their FA than their kit distributers.

South Korea also got crap friendlies and the good ones were mostly because of the fact that they hosted the cup. Also Brazil had to play Saudi Arabia and Iceland to prepare for the cup.

Can you say for sure that NIKE arranged those games. I only stated that NIKE could help arrange friendies against other teams they outfit not schedule all of Mexicos friendly games.

In fact part of the criticism of Brazil 98 was the fact that they were always having to play friendlies with weak teams like Honduras and Ecuador (at that time) and that screwed up the team.

Actually they played pretty good teams like Norway, Yugoslavia, Poland and even Mexico. They also participated in a pre-WC Cup against France, Italy and England..

Its doubtful Nike will make a good shirt for the Tri and it doesn't bode well for them in terms of respect internationally.

Forget the shirt, i just want a Tri-Color commercial. Remeber the one NIKE did for Brazil in their World Tour 97. The Selecao playing football in the Airport, Classic stuff. I also liked the ones they did of Chivas vs Pumas.

I really have my doubts but whatever. I just want Mexico to do well, regardless of the shirt.

I just want to see a Mexico Scorpion commercial :D

4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

5. Arturo

Arturo New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Keep Atletica, especially the purple jersey

I'd like them to keep atletica for the simple reason I love the purple and black uniform, I think it should be their first uniform... it looks classy and is just downright beautiful...

So what if it doesnt have the natinal colors (we always wear those in our hears...lol) after all where is the blue in italy's flag?

Arturo

6. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I like Atletica too, but I did not like the purple jersey. The color is kinda of tacky. NIKE is the worst thing to happen to the Mexican jersey. The have cookie cutter designs that are boring. VS fancy comercials don't do anything to make the actual play better on the field.

7. KiQuE

KiQuE New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    What the hell are you guys talking about?

Is this the one you guys are talking about? It doesn't look purple to me.

[​IMG]

8. Arturo

Arturo New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Re: What the hell are you guys talking about?

this is it... for some reason the one one display for sale here is red... (lighting?)

[​IMG]

9. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    Re: Re: What the hell are you guys talking about?

Ooooh....That's one ugly ass jersey.What the hell does purple have to do with Mexico?

10. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    However if they were to change the color of that alternate jersey from that purple to red that would be one bad ass jersey.

11. KiQuE

KiQuE New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Re: Re: What the hell are you guys talking about?

Well i'm not sure what color it really is supposed to be, but I like both the purple and the red.

12. Arturo

Arturo New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Re: Re: Re: What the hell are you guys talking about?

Here is another shot of the three uniforms... I cant find a picture of the team playing with it... it looks much nicer... anyone?

[​IMG]

OG Junglist repped this.
  13. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    still stinks!

Funny thing about the jersey in question, they did not use it at the World Cup.

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    la morada la usaron en amistosos, sin nombre atraz

como cuando jugaron con yugoslavia en Phoenix

no creo que vallan con ese color- Venezuela Ya la usa hace muchos años.

uds no se quieren parecer a Venezuela?!

15. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked the 2002 Atletica Jersey. It was classic and simple, much better than anything Nike has produced lately.

As for the scheduling advantages that Nike may bring, well they did have that Brasil World Tour thing a few years ago, but Brasil is Brasil. Nike doesn't really get too into the scheduling business as far as I know. Aside from a few sponsorships of tournaments like the Nike US Cup (it would be really interesting to look up and see how many teams in those tournaments were Nike nations and how many were not), Nike has done hardly anything for the US (the team you'd think they'd do the most for) competition-wise.

16. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Bring back the Green Unis with the Aztec calendar stone. Nice to see unis that have have some cultural link to their country.

Sachin

17. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina

Indeed. That was one of the most bad-assed jerseys that I've ever seen.

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
  19. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Those were some nice jerseys.

20. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Classic picture!

21. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Aztec Calender

[​IMG]

22. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I was Right all of Youse are Wrong

"Es interesante por el mercado estadounidense que tiene, por todos los mexicanos que viven por allá, la calidad de la ropa, el precio, el porcentaje del precio de las ventas, queremos abrir ese mercado y es una compañía que tiene todo eso", manifestó.

When he says NIKE can open up (Exploit) the U.S market De La Torre means, Nike will make some TriColor footie commercials that Various Styles will Like..

Y aclaró que, a diferencia de la selección de Brasil, que también es patrocinada por Nike, la empresa no organizaría los partidos amistosos.

"El aspecto deportivo corre por cuenta de la Federación, y ellos sólo encargarían de la comercialización", dijo.

It look like Nike it is [​IMG]

http://www.laopinion.com/deportes/?rkey=00021003183301366545