New Goalkeeper for FC Dallas

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Peruco83, Jan 10, 2013.

1. dallasrapidsfan

May 8, 2012
    Dallas
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy who said Fernando is a pr!ck.....

2. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be me. He acted like a prick that night. Maybe he's not and if that's the case he wouldn't want to kick my ass. If he did try, I'd have to loan him a ladder or step stool so he could reach it.

3. Subzero

Subzero Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Mn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can say with absolute 100% certainty that money was less than a zero factor in the decision to replace Hartman between the sticks. 100%

4. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So were they after the Peruvian the whole time? Is this Dario's revenge? We all know the new keeper has senior Sala as an agent no?

5. Subzero

Subzero Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Mn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    SRS, I will have to find out if the Peruvian was the long term goal or not, but I do know that FCD decided not to retain Hartman's services even had he been paid the same as last year. Hartman's money was irrelevant, it was a decision based only on going a different direction. Whether making the Peruvian the number one was the goal ahead of time or after they'd decided against Kev, I can't say with any certainty, but Hartman looked to be on his way out regardless...

6. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting

7. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it makes you feel any better, this conversation elicits some serious deja vu for me -- it is almost identical to the comments SKC fans made to each other when we dumped Hartman for Nielsen. Almost everyone was perplexed - why were we dumping a good GK for an foreign unknown for potentially more money? Why not hang on to Hartman, who is a decent player and a better person?

Of course, it all worked out for us - Nielsen turned out to be a fantastic addition, a fan favorite, worth every dollar, and the eventual team captain, who became the lynchpin to what would become the best defense in MLS. So you just never know...