New Forum.

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This forum was created due to the fact that the Parma board was really dead and only 352Gialloblu posted in it. Now, all Northern club threads can be found here. Also, discuss anything about Northern Italian clubs in Serie A, B, C, D, or even Eccellenza!

2. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Is Ascoli considered a Northern Club? We are dead centre.

Maybe rename it Central and Northern Clubs.

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, they're considered Northern. I think anything above Rome is really considered "Northern", and they're above Rome.

4. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Maybe rename it Central and Northern Clubs.

Lazio, Marche, Abruzzo, Umbria and Toscana, are looked as Centro Italia. That area is just culturally different to "Northern Italy"

5. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ascoli is undoubtly central Italy.

Cassano, anything below Rome is south. Above Rome it is center and above Florence it is north. ;)

Tuscany, Umbria, Marche, northern Lazio are central Italy. Abruzzi is considered more south than center.

North starts with Liguria and Emilia Romagna.

[​IMG]

6. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Southern Lazio and Abruzzi are more viewed as south. Or maybe center-south.
    As you said it's more a cultural difference than geographical (dialects and so on).

This doesn't mean you cannot find places where Abruzzi are named as being a central region.

7. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
  8. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Amen. The cultural "North" is different than the geographic north...so Fiorentina, Ascoli et al aren't "northern" in the same way that Brescia, Atalanta, and Verona are.

9. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    However the cultural aspects make up the geographical boundries. In centro Italia, were not southerners and not northerners. If you said to a ascolano or anyone in that central area, that they came geographically from the north they'll look at you, like your crazy. Even my cousins in italy kept refering where we are as central italy. If I said think of northern italians, you would think of Lombardia, etc. If I said think of southern italians - Sicilia, calabria etc. If I said think of central Italy you think of toscana, marche, umbria, not a line through rome that streches from 1 coast to another. If we don't fit in as northerners or southerners in a geographical view point we must central.

10. ForzaPalermo2006

ForzaPalermo2006 Red Card

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Yeah, your absolutely right.

11. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Le Marche sono una regione italiana dell'Italia Centrale.

Geografia
    Le Marche, regione del centro Italia, si colloca sul versante medio Adriatico e occupa 9.692 kilometri quadrati di territorio italiano.

La Toscana è una delle maggiori regioni italiane per partimonio culturale e paesaggistico, il capoluogo regionale è Firenze.

Posta nell'Italia centrale

La Liguria è una regione italiana dell'Italia Nord-Occidentale di 1,7 milioni di abitanti, con capoluogo Genova

La Campania è una regione dell'Italia Meridionale

12. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let me be the first to propose an "Italy: Central Clubs" forum!

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    What does a city's historical affiliation or even its present place in Italian culture have anything to do with where we place its football club's BigSoccer thread?

14. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    My friend calcio is italian culture. If Ascoli Piceno didn't have calcio, no-one would know where Ascoli is - central italy.

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It would be just the Ascoli thread in there...Unless we got some Ancona fans around here...;)

Seriously, aussie ascoli, would you really like it to be changed to Italian Clubs: Northern and Central?

16. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Geographically there is a Central portion of Italy, but verbally Italians only talk of Northern and Southern Italia. I don't think "Central Italy" is even in their vocabulary....lol

17. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Northern and Central sounds good.

Hopefully there comes a day where people who support teams from the central area, are on this forum these include teams such as - Ternana, Sambenedettese, Perugia, Ancona, Arezzo, Siena, Livorno, Viterbese, Fermana, Teramo, Pisa, Gubbio, Rieti, Grosetto (these are the more known teams). :eek: that will be interesting, considering nearly all these teams have a rivalry with Ascoli. Samba and Fermana, are both in the Ascoli Piceno province, for a bit of trivia. However in the next year or two Fermo will become its own province. Fermo is where Della Valle's from, and he still has his shoe factory there.

When I was in Ascoli, my family actually refered the area as central italy. A lot of southerners probably see it as, if its not South its North.;)

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY.

18. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey, I like Pisa!! But Ternana can kiss my ass...:D

19. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually most of italians know exactly what central italy is and would correct you if you say that Florence is a northern town or a southern town.

Surely a fiorentino or any other italian from central Italy would correct you. ;)

20. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And Fiorentina, Siena, Livorno and Empoli. ;)

La Toscana è la regione più importante dell'Italia Centrale!!!

Perugia is no more in serie a.

21. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004

It would have been nice to see a team close by to Ascoli, like Perugia in SERIE A. We would see 25 000 at the Del Duca fully packed, not for a big team game (JUVE, MILAN, INTER, etc), thats half the city LOL.

WHAT le marche has to be more important than toscana, lol.

22. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Florence is above Rome. All Italians I know, and being Italian myself, say that from Rome northward is considered "Northern Italy". I'm not really sure how you could consider Florence apart of the Central region :confused:.

23. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Well all italians from the central area know that their is a central part to italy. Italia centrale its known as or centro italia.

This is an example of my home village in Ascoli Piceno, Appignano del Tronto.

http://www.comuni-italiani.it/044/005/index.html

look at Zona.

24. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This can be classified as the Northern and Central Italian forum. Fiorentina and Ascoli fans would only post on a Central Italy forum and anyone who supports Ancona must be drinking too much grappa.

Ternana can kiss my ass too.

25. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This can be classified as the Northern and Central Italian forum. Fiorentina and Ascoli fans would only post on a Central Italy forum and anyone who supports Ancona must be drinking too much grappa.

Ternana can kiss my ass too. Likewise for Cremonese and Pescara.