New FIFA Rankings

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by 2Saints, Jun 29, 2011.

1. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    In order to be seeded I think we probably have to win the gold cup in 2013, at least make it out of the group in confeds cup and not lose more than 2 games out of 16 qualifiers and even then it will be close.

2. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    If everything goes right, by 2013, Mexico will be considered one of the best teams in the world (top-10).

I'm not worried about the 2013 GC (maybe a little because Mexico will be focusing on the Confeds so they may bring their B/C-level players to the GC), but even then, we should be in the finals and have a good shot winning it.

Mexico should do really, really well in the qualifications. I don't see any team in concacaf beating Mexico during this time. MAYBE Mexico manages to lose one game due to their cockiness but even then, we should be a much more disciplined team..

I expect Mexico be seeded for the WC in 2014 if everything goes well in their progression of becoming a top team.

3. Evil

Evil Member

Aug 14, 2010
    WTF? Are you ********ing kidding me?

Out of all the bullshit you posted, THAT's what pissed me off the most.

4. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ugh I don't see the point of the 2013 gold cup. At least send a conmebol team who didn't make it to the Confeds in our place or something.

5. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    im not even worried about that GC...our mexico based players can smash on the Nads.

6. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    I'm speaking like a nad that's why you are pissed? :rolleyes:

I mean, I hate to use the whole alphabet soup language that the nads used but it's true though.

Mexico IS going to use their "reserves" for the GC just like the US did back in 2009. Mexico is going to concentrate more on the Confeds than the GC.. Why are they going to use their main team for the GC?? Unless you are crazy enough to suggest that :eek:

7. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    all i know is it better not be the pan-am squad or else RIP.

i want legit mexico starters.....

8. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

9. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gold Cup June 5–25, 2011

Confed Cup 15 June – 30 June

10. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    I mean Mexican league starters....Im sure we can form a legit squad to challenge for the GC too

11. DoctorDirector

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree, that year there will be lots of competitions that the team needs to do well in. We're gonna need a deeper seleccion.

The Confeds vs Gold Cup will be really important. The team has to do well on both at the same time because both will significantly impact the team's preparations (Confeds by experience against top teams, Gold Cup by rankings).

It will be time to bring top talent from all over Europe and top clubs during 2013, only a fool would not prepare for that eventuality to call for Vela, Davila, Edson Rivera, the call-ups will require massive sacrifice and political capital in 2013 because of these 2 simultaneous and important events. The Copa America already impacted the rankings this year, 2013 will be a much more important year and the team cannot afford a weak performance or missing talent at each one. Hopefully everyone (ahem, Corona) behaves. May even need some unpopular or young stars for this one...

Check out what happens every year that there is a Gold Cup, Mexico's FIFA rankings sky rocket, same thing happens to teams that do well in other confederations. Since the draw will be coming up, that year will be very, very important rankings-wise (FIFA gives the highest value to the most recent year). Expect every nation to bring their "A" team and their "A" game. Maybe La Seleccion should even consider mainly sending its younger, less experienced stars to the Confeds in Brazil... maybe some of the older veteran players would benefit more from staying closer to home than from the experience in Brazil... this partly depends on who the other teams send. Both tournaments matter and rankings are impacted more by Gold Cup. On the other hand, we'll need every top Mexican talent from exile to make both tournaments competitive and see good placement for the World Cup.

Who does or doesn't get called up for these two tournaments should be a good indication of how seriously the FMF and coaching staff take this upcoming World Cup.

This is all a long time from now, but it's gonna be key.

12. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

it would also depend on the formula fifa uses and which euro teams qualify.

either way, it'd be nice.

troll the rest of the world

:)

i remember how pissed some people were back in 2006 when mexico was given the seed, even if it was pretty clear they were going to get it according to teh formula that used then.

13. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If by reserves you mean players that were part of the World Cup squad, Mexico also used some "reserve" players in 2009.

14. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

So you don't believe the players that Won the Pan-Am games wont get better in 2 years?

15. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    why would they use an u23 squad again? The olympics are in 2012. Itll probably be just like 2009 version, 2 or 3 starters (the domestics ones) and then a bunch of guys either on the fence, or young with potential.

16. Jesús Narciso

Mexico
    Dec 22, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    De acuerdo, ambos torneos son importantes. Pero se necesita respetar el proceso. Si quieres que no vaya el Chepo con equipo completo a la Confederaciones no se podrá reclamar tanto por los resultados. ¿Cuántas veces he leído que México debe probarse con los mejores con sus mejores? Yo también soy de éste pensamiento. Se requiere de un examen verdadero antes del mundial. Si México no va con equipo completo a la Confederaciones se va a sentir la falta de esa experencia. Toma la Copa América como ejemplo. Éste fue el primer torneo otorgado por la FIFA que México no consiguió ni siquiera un puntito desde los años 1950. Y todo porque la CONCACAF nos quiso dar chorizo.

No se debe obsecionar tanto con ser cabeza de grupo o la clasificación de la FIFA. Lo importante es jugar a lo que sabemos con los mejores ante los mejores. Si no, ¿cuándo se podrá jugar ese pinche quinto partido?

17. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    COCNACAF's way of having the Gold Cup every 2 years is stupid and useless. it should be every four years.

18. DoctorDirector

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    De acuerdo que la experencia de jugar contra los mejores tiene mucho valor, mas por experencia que para poder quejarse. Todos queremos el quinto partido (y mas), hasta Chepo lo quiere, pero al mismo tiempo sigue siendo importante jugar muy bien en la copa de oro para conseguir una buena posicion en el Mundial. Por lo menos los refuerzos y los castigados deben obtener una oportunidad en la copa de oro para que jueguen bien y para que se ganen una nueva oportunidad. La seleccion los necesita para obtener buena posicion y no un grupo de la muerte. Si los mejores 11 van contra Brazil para enfrentarse contra las Confederaciones, entonces los proximos diez incluyendo Vela, De Nigris, De La Mora, tal vez unos mas maduros como Rafa Marquez y Torrado van a ser necesarios en la Copa de Oro.

I hear you, at the very least during the Conderations Cup. Why schedule them during conflicting dates?

19. MyKeE

MyKeE Member

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Are these dates implying that the two tourneys are gonna run during the same time period? Because i doubt that will happen. Surely you noticed the gold cup says 2011, so I would guess that the 2013 GC dates would be in July after the Confeds' Cup like in 09.

That would leave all our Euro's available for the GC aswell, since it's our regional championship, their teams can't deny them to us if we want them. And obviously they can't deny them for the Confeds' since it's a FIFA Tournament. So Chepo can have a real strong squad for the GC if he wants.

It probably wont happen but we could use the same squad for both. Have the starters from one tourney be the subs in the other, and vice versa.

20. DoctorDirector

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If they announce the dates will be in July (like in 2009 and 2005) that would be a relief.
    2007 and 2011 they held them in June.

This year they did not seem to want to call starters from their European clubs for two tournaments, though, like La Copa Oro '11 and Copa America '11....

21. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Confed Cup will be in June. i'm guessing the Gold Cup will be in July.

we'll definately use our strongest team in the Confed Cup, while the Gold Cup will be composed of mainly local league players plus perhaps maybe 5-10 Confed Cup players

22. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. I typed Gold Cup 2013 and that's what it give me. Thanks for making me look like a pendejo haha.

23. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's only because Copa America isn't really our tournament. We don't belong to CONMEBOL, we are simply guests. Teams will not let players go to a tournament that they are not obligated to.

24. DoctorDirector

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True, but what about the fact that not even Torres-Nilo, Salcido, Zavala, Molina, De Nigris, Peralta, Sinha, Duenas, or any of the other usual call up reserves and favorites of De La Torre were called from the local league? That was annoying, he could have put his favorites to the test. Instead they seemed to put the people that were most on the list of players that they DON'T want to call to the national team (Vela originally, the Dos Santos brothers, Luis Michel...). Maybe this time it will be different, since the competition is different. More chance for players to look good in the Gold Cup like in the Pan Am squad, instead of looking bad against CONMEBOL teams.

25. MyKeE

MyKeE Member

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    ....because concacaf restricted us to a U23 squad (+5 overage players).