New England Prep School Rankings

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by bigblue4, Sep 2, 2003.

1. MMalenfant

MMalenfant New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    For those of you who follow Prep Soccer closely who would be your Top 5 right now? As for Brewster, I'm not impressed. There keeper was good, no doubt, but who else? They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with their shooting, at least when I saw them. I am only familiar with NEPSSA, who lists the top 5 for class A as Phillips Exeter, Brooks School, Phillips Academy, Bridgton, and Salisbury School. How does that look?

2. soccer clown

soccer clown New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    I have had my eye on the this Brewster Academy soccer program for a while and they have been able to produce goals when needed so when you said "They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with their shooting" I was wondering where you got your information?

3. NikeBlues

NikeBlues New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Boston
    Seedings are out. They can be found on Nepsacsports.com. Exeter recievs the number one seed in Class A. Interesting that Belmont Hill gets left out of the tournament even after tying for the ISL crown. As for Brewster, they'll have a tough time getting by St. Pauls in the first round.

I like Thayer to win the Class A tournament

4. MMalenfant

MMalenfant New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    I say this because when we played them there were a couple times I thought we were in trouble and they could have kept the game close and than they would blast it over the crossbar. May have been an off day, or maybe my memory is off. There keeper is very solid though, and apparently they have been playing well, so what do I know? :eek:

5. soccer clown

soccer clown New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    I don’t know what team your on but as a member of the Brewster teamI can tell you that we will be a force to be reckoned with in the tournament

6. soccer clown

soccer clown New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Brewster only has three pg's on there soccer team most of the are true seniors

7. jogobonito

jogobonito Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Brooklyn
    fine. Brewster's again a top NE prep program. there are other schools to discuss, next topic...

Who are this season's surprises, stars?
    How good are Thayer 's Gallington and Rousmaniere?

What happened to Nobles? I heard Matt Mitchell's committed to UVA but he must have been hurt or something, he didn't challenge for the scoring title and barely played I think in the regular season finale against Milton.

I know Exeter better enjoy the view from the top now, Andover is about to be a power for years to come. watch.

8. NikeBlues

NikeBlues New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Boston
    Gallington and Rousmaniere actually go to Brooks, not Thayer. They are both very good, skilled players who will continue to have good careers at the next level.

9. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mitchell supposedly is going to UVA. He broke a bone in his foot. Its been a tough year for the kid. He's been hurt more than he's been well. He has the potential to make an impact at the D1 level.

Rousmaniere (from Brooks) applied early to Harvard and it should get in. He can make an immediate impact on a team that has some holes to fill. He has great skill and field vision. A true # 10.

Gallington (from Brooks) is a junior. He plays club for the BC coach so logic would say he's heading there. He is a terrrific 1 v 1 player with great skill, a great shot and excellent speed. He's slightly undersized which could limit his effectiveness, however, in saying that the last "undersized" forward from Brooks that went to BC (e.g. Charlie Davies) seems to be doing pretty well.

Andrew Olson is the impact player from Thayer that you may have been thinking of. He's the real deal. His brothers both went to Williams but he is considering D1 schools. He's a junior. I understand Harvard and Princeton have shown some interest. He could play at a top 10 school and make an impact.

10. Dr Jay

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Interesting ? Its a crime against humanity.

Belmont Hill's record was WAY better than any of the CT teams that got in. Wasn't Loomis a .500 team this year ?

Salisbury has a right to be pissed as well since they're record was something like 10-3-2.

Not that the NEPSAC tournament is so important but the way its decided is way too qualitative. They really need to revamp the whole thing.

And, btw, I think Brooks will beat Thayer and go on to be champs.

11. NikeBlues

NikeBlues New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Boston
    Loomis was 10-5-2 this year. Doesn't make much sense that they would get in over Belmont Hill, and other teams like that. I'd be interested to know how the committee makes these decisions. Every year, four or five extremely deserving teams are left out, while undeserving teams sneak in.

Brooks will have a tough time with Bridgton..Brooks has the skill, but Bridgton has the size. Should be a good one.

12. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very dissapointed Belmont hill didn't make it. their loss to Winchendon probably killed the. Of the 4 losses. Thayer#2, Brooks #3 and BRidgeton#4. Tough not to let them ibn at 13-4. the other 2 players for Thayer to watch would be Mccalister(signed with BC) and Desmond, both very solid midfield players. they have a great supporting cast of role players as well. Would love to see Brooks/Thayer finals to further support the notion that Belmont hill should have gotten in. The ISL 1-10 teams were very solid this year

13. NikeBlues

NikeBlues New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Boston
    Bridgton beats brooks 2-1. I was at the game..It is too bad, the Bridgton coach is a real prick.

14. MMalenfant

MMalenfant New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    It looks like that calls out the window. Who's your money on now?

I wouldn't count out Exeter, they avenged their only loss of the season today (by penalties :rolleyes: ) and they've already beat Bridgton once this year but it's gonna be a battle on Saturday.

15. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thayer/loomis was a very good game. Goalie from loomis came up huge in regulation and then in the PK's. Thayer was in control(for the most part) first 65-70 minutes and then loomis took control of the match for the last 25 minutes. Wind was a factor in the game. Every time the ball was in the air it was a disaster for either team

16. Dr Jay

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I haven't seen any of the CT plays this year, nor have I seen Exeter.

Given that my pick (Brooks) lost to Bridgton...I'll go with Bridgton.

Tough day for the ISL - all 5 out of 6 teams lost. Not that the 3 teams in the B division this year were very strong.

Of course, the hottest team in the ISL (ahem..Belmont Hill (10-1-0 over their last 11 games, only giving up 4 goals in those games) was not allowed to play, so we'll never know how they would have done.

17. Dr Jay

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was not at the Exeter game but my eyewitnesses tell me neither team looked very strong. Maybe the wind was a factor.

18. isl=dusty

isl=dusty New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Apparently the ISL is cocky and overrated and the selection comittee did a good job considering the results from Wednesday. Teams form the west didn't have great winning percentages this year because of the strength of competition; the big schools play a strong class A schedule. Watch a team from the west win the tournament, those teams are just better, as proven by the class A and B tournament thus far.

19. MMalenfant

MMalenfant New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    It was a very ugly game, no doubts about that. I'd expect the same tommorow from Bridgton-Exeter. Exeter doesn't play attractive, with everyone packing it in on D, but it's hard to argue with 15-1-1.

20. MMalenfant

MMalenfant New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Not a bad game. Exeter beat Bridgton 2-0.

21. CaliManU

CaliManU New Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Exeter is the best team in New England this year. By far. A buddy of mine from where I played, Cushing, said that they were the best team they had played.

22. Region1

Region1 New Member

Nov 20, 2005

AOF beat Exeter in the New England finals 1-0 capturing the New England Championship. Down the stretch Avon beat Loomis twice, Wilbraham, Hotchkiss and Exeter. Avon now has a soccer championship to go along with all those hockey championships.

23. MMalenfant

MMalenfant New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Was anyone there, and if so, what were your thoughts on the game? I wasn't able to go because I couldn't change my plane ticket home for Thanksgiving Break. I think the playoffs should be a week earlier/the season a week shorter, so that teams can have all of their players present for the big game.

24. isl=dusty

isl=dusty New Member

Nov 17, 2005

"Worst final in recent history." "College coaches left in the first 10 minutes." "B game was a much higher level of soccer." - respectable source

25. CaliManU

CaliManU New Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Avon barely has those hockey championships. They're lucky that my alma mater were the most disfunctional team in New England. Otherwise, based on talent alone, we would have won 4 straight new england championships (2001-2004). You had one good player (Jon Quick) that gave you 2 championships. He's not even that good either.