News: New England Force [NRC]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by gk, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    this one

[​IMG]

Minutemanii repped this.
  2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.newenglandforce.us/News.asp?org=newenglandforce.us#487427

and this doozy comes from right off their website...

Force To Apply To NASL

Stamford, CT
    New England Force General Manager Bob Levin has announced that the team will apply to the NASL. If accepted the team will look to begin play in 2015. According to Levin, "The NASL would be a good fit for us and we have no doubt that we have the product to compete with other clubs in the League. We do have some continued work to do in all areas, but we feel that by 2015 we will be ready to go".

4. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's quite a jump.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would tend to classify it as delusional thinking...

bwidell repped this.
  6. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Owners/management in the lower levels tend to dream big even if there's no way in hell operationally, financially or competitively they'll come close to their goals. The owner of the now-defunct Worcester Hydra said he wanted to move all the way up to MLS and put in a stadium in Worcester. That's a nice dream but even more far fetched than what the Krafts are "trying" to do in Boston! :)

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hold on...so you are saying that the Krafts are actually doing something???

8. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "trying"

9. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Now all they need is someone worth $20 million to put up a bond. I believe you can find them on Angie's List.

10. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or Kickstarter.

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. KSoccer39

KSoccer39 New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    New England Force are playing AFC Wimbledon of England (League II) on August 23rd

Should be a good game.

13. joegrav

joegrav Member+

Jun 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll believe it when I see it.

14. KSoccer39

KSoccer39 New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
  15. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    Wimbledon has a league match on August 23rd. The Force don't even check the schedules of their imaginary opponents.

16. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang! I thought this game was going to be the warm-up game to the big doubleheader at Fenway that night. Where is the Farce's home field anyway, and how are they doing in their league?

17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This match is to be "played" in Cross River, NY, and feature an Israeli-American who plays for the Israeli women's national team running clinics beforehand.

International Pro Soccer Game Coming to Cross River on August 23rd
    The English Power AFC Wimbledon and New England Force, two professional soccer teams, will come together on John Jay High School Stadium Field on August 23rd. This game will be a charity event to raise funds for the Katonah-Lewisboro Special Education PTA (SEPTA). In addition, Israeli Womens National Team Star Diane Redman Bar Oz will be holding a free clinic before the game and at halftime.

In a build up to the game, three one hour clinics will be organized in the Community. If you are interested in hosting a clinic at your residence please let us know at info@klsepta.org. There will be a special guest speaker at each clinic. Tickets are available for purchase by clicking here:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-eng...il&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=eventurl_text

18. KSoccer39

KSoccer39 New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    lmao. You guys are great. The Force is the best team in the Northeast. On you mark get set go..lololololololol

19. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dons have a U18 game on the 23rd, too. AFC Wimbledon Ladies, also playing on the 23rd.

How is it not illegal to just lie about something like this?

20. KSoccer39

KSoccer39 New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Maybe they are sending their 2nd team or a mix..who knows..

21. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Wow, John Jay HS! They were in my league (Upper-Westchester/Putnam League) in high school. Not much up there other than farms and bedroom commuters.

22. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be fascinating to see who actually comes to play this game. Knowing that it's Wimbledon, I half expect to see a bunch of people carrying tennis rackets. And why is a "New England" team playing a home game in Noo Yawk?

What is their regular home field for their league games?

panicfc repped this.
  23. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure everything that comes from the Force is fake. This game is almost definately not going to happen and the previous game they said they played had literally no info.

Achowat repped this.
  24. Revolusean

Revolusean Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    It still doesn't appear that they have joined a league or have a home field. The ASL website does not list them as a team in that league despite the post above that they would be joining the ASL when it starts this summer (next month). Neither does the NPSL list their "reserve team" as having joined despite the post above. None of the relevant links to the Force website work since the whole site is "under construction". The Force Facebook page still works though. It must be nice to just make things up

As far as I can see they've played a friendly against Herediano last year in New Britain, CT and a friendly against some collection of players "comprised of parts of other teams" (their description, not mine) this year in Cross River, NY. The Facebook page references that they are "based in" Stamford, CT. They should start billing themselves as from "Parts Unknown"

25. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't that game vs Olympia or some other fairly well known Central American club? And I think they had games within a couple of days both before and after, so the travel alone was ridiculously impossible.

This seems like a pretty elaborate internet hoax, and I have to give the perpetrators credit for it. Of course, what is the benefit of creating a made up soccer team with made up games against oppontents who don't even know you exist, much less know they are playing you?