News: New England Force [NRC]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by gk, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll find an ancient posting from yours truly:

http://www.usldiscussions.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=226176

sportzfrk99 and revolution1776 repped this.
  2. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
  3. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    Force and Herediano finished 1-1. Force goal by John Raus, described on wikipedia as a "former American soccer player". From the photos on the Herediano facebook page, not much of a crowd.

The Force lineup: Mike Garzi, Moussa Diakite, Kyle Schlesinger, Farouk Bseiso, Laurent Manuel, John Raus, Invin Herrera, Birhaim Diop, Keithy Simpson, Mamadou Siibe y Desmont Breakenridge.
    http://www.aldia.cr/futbol-costa-ri...ecticut_0_198580162.html#.Uh6rSJPEyvg.twitter

4. Soccer 48

Soccer 48 New Member

Jun 21, 2013
    New York, NY
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I was there at the game and there was no crowd or not much, but the team is good and they know how to play. Ill give them some credit as I thought that they didnt stand a chance, but they were able to actually outplay Herediano and that was Heredianos first team. They are better then anything else in New England right now and they have been pumping away for the past 6 or 7 months. Id like to see Herediano play the Revs.

5. revolution1776

Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not so fast......
    http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/news/2013/04/weekly-update-seattle
    "Despite the team’s bye last week, the Revs were still in action, earning a 4-0 win over new pro team, the New England Force at Gillette Stadium on Friday, April 5"

6. Soccer 48

Soccer 48 New Member

Jun 21, 2013
    New York, NY
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ha. The Revs were already about 6 games into their season and the Force were using trialists in that game. I think that the only player that remains from that team on the Force is the kid that hit the post on the Revs, Herrera. I am not saying who would win, but it wold be a much different game now.

7. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let them jointhe USL next year and we'll see how real this team is.

bwidell repped this.
  8. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    Imagine how good the Force will be when the other half of their roster shows up!

BTW they have modified their schedule again, removing the game against Belize and adding one against FAS. Website says the two remaining games will be played in New York.

brentgoulet repped this.
  9. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Tim Holt will be thrilled about another expansion fee, sorry, I mean about the addition of another top notch franchise

10. Soccer 48

Soccer 48 New Member

Jun 21, 2013
    New York, NY
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Playing the team from El Salvador in New York is a good move for a new team. I wish them the best as they play a good brand of soccer and are a good team. I would like to see them play the Revs again as well

11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  12. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If only we had a first division team up here...

13. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very interesting. I'll be honest I have been a little bit out of the loop with all the minor-league changes lately, but where does the NPSL rank and why did this club not join one of the USL divisions to play more games in NE?

15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hah! I was just talking about a latin motto on the last post, and lo and behold, here is a team with the very old-world looking badge of some kind of winged dragon and a motto of "Magnus Viridis" which in English sounds more appropriate for a college football team: Big Green.

Anyway, I think the NPSL is at the level below the APSL and NASL. And unlike the New England Farce, it looks like they will actually play games against actual teams.

From the article: "The Atlantic Conference currently includes the Brooklyn Italians, New York Athletic Club, New York Red Bulls, Rhode Island Reds, Seacoast United Mariners and Seacoast United Phantoms."

Wow, we get to see Thierry Henry play in the flesh, assuming they have a (mostly) grass field. All I can say about the Brooklyn Italians is to quote Larry the Cable Guy: "Ah doan care hue yew are, thass funny raht there!" Actually, they have been a very successful club at their level, winning at least a couple of US Open Cups and they have been around for at least 30 years

16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    APSL? That's a long time ago ;)

NPSL is same level as the USL's PDL. They tend to play fewer games, but same level - amateur.

17. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    It is the U23 team for RBNY. Also, New York Athletic Club is a team from an actual athletic club in New York if you can believe it.

18. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is actually a good approach by the RBs. There is a bit of controversy in places like Germany, where big clubs like Bayern and Borussia Dortmund have their reserve teams playing in the (now nationwide) BL3, but in MLS it makes a lot of sense to give reserves or young players who aren't going to get many minutes a chance to play regular competitive games. I wish the Revs would do this, which would be better than sending guys out to Ra-cha-cha.

19. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Revs do essentially do this through their relationship with Real Boston Rams. The Red Bulls U23s is made up of entirely of non-MLS players.

The Red Bulls U23s and Real Boston Rams serves to fill the gap between their academy programs and the first team. It's essentially a summer league for college players to stay connected to the club and get some reps in.

20. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's important to note is that it really isn't Red Bulls U23. It's Red Bull NPSL. The U23 is self-imposed

21. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA