News: New England Force [NRC]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by gk, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Anything else that you would like to add?

Yes, I am very happy to see that management finalized a good relationship with Sporting Accra from Ghana. They have some great young players coming up in their system and they are players that are starving to make it, passionate about the game, committed, and many that will succeed. "

It's the Nicol African Gambit, part 2! And the cynic may wonder exactly what "Sporting Accra" is, since there doesn't seem to be any team of that name in any of the Ghanaian leagues.

2. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.sportingclubaccragh.webs.com/

3. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, okay, it's an academy.

Here's a priceless sentence from their website:

"This academy Established or Started by Parker Hanson having great Knowledge,vision,love and passion for the Game being a a Player himself once but hip and knee Injury ended his dreams of playing soccer, acting as the Chairman,Coach and Manager being a founder and later joined by Coach Emmanuel Aryee who also have a passion and knowledge in the game, in 1999 as an under 12 named Juventus FC playing 8 aside soccer by then and it wasn't registered as a Certified Youth team under the G.F.A (Ghana Football Association) and later changed to Kokotii FC when it was registered and played the National Juvenile Youth League(Greater Accra Region- Accra West Division) by then it only consisted and registered for only the Under 12 'B' Division. "

There will be a quiz.

TheLincolnKing and RevsLiverpool repped this.
  4. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read that sentence without taking a breath haha

5. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way, is it seriously that guy?!

Are the Force still saying their playing UANL Tigres in August?

6. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The Tigres game is off their schedule page. They are opening their home season against Olimpia in Hartford on 7/23. The game is at 7 PM, no location given: http://newenglandforce.com/newsdetail.aspx?id=46

7. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The whole site seems to be down now.

8. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And like I sent to you on twitter one of the page miyou can access via Google. http://newenglandforce.com/news.aspx

At the top has MLS Network listed

9. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm. I don't see it:

[​IMG]

But yeah, the whole site seems to be down...

10. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It must have just crashed, I saw that MLS Network thing there myself the other day.

Interestingly, if you clicked on it, it just took you back to the Force home page.

11. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am on my phone and mls network shows up on my browser. Weird

12. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep

Forget about Olimpia, they will be facing world power Valencia CF

[​IMG]

Dominich Asiedu has been added to the New England Force Roster and should arrive stateside in time for the Force Home opener against World Power Valencia CF from Spain.. Asiedu has speed, strength, and great feet. He is one of the last pieces to be added to final Force puzzle. Asiedus' last club was Acadia Sepherd FC of South Africa.

13. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still think this "team" is full of shit.

brentgoulet repped this.
  14. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    yeah, they remind me quite a bit of the Revs

RevsFanDan repped this.
  15. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging by the empty schedule on their site as of this afternoon, I don't think so.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, you'd think a low-budget operation like that would at least make sure someone proofread the copy before it went live. It's embarassing to have a typo in the team name. Yeah the "o" and "a" can get confusing, since they are both vowels and all that...

RevsFanDan and Achowat repped this.
  17. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  18. RevvedUp10

RevvedUp10 Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Watertown, Ma
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow impressive that they have signed Stuart Taylor out of the Championship in England.

Already better than the Revs at recruiting players to join their team.

;)

19. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    And now they say they're playing Municipal on the 8th and Olimpia on the 14th. There's even a ticket sales link for the Municipal match on their website where you can give them actual money, except of course "Due to increased traffic ticket sales have been suspended for the next few hours". They've scrubbed the Valencia mentions from the website.

This article has a quote from an Olimpia guy saying that that the game against the Force was a good proposal economically, but that they declined because they're starting their league season a couple days later:
    http://www.diez.hn/Ediciones/2013/0...pia-mientras-el-Zancudo-se-aleja#.UfisWpKko1M

Doesn't say anything about a rescheduling, but at least this indicates that there was some non-imaginary contact between them and the Force.

Municipal has league matches on the 4th and the 11th.

brentgoulet repped this.
  20. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, maybe this team should actually join a league like NASL, USL or whatever tier they'd fit in with. This way, they could actually play real games against actual teams in their league instead of one-off friendlies with Guatemalan clubs who would need to fly here midweek sandwiched in between two league fixtures. They make the NY Cosmos seem like Bayern Munich.

21. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    Website now claims they will play Municipal on the 22nd and references to a match against Olimpia have been erased.

22. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    They look even worse than the legendary FC New York :D

23. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    They are also claiming a match against Herediano on the 28th, September 7th against the "Belieze" National team, and September 27th against Rosario Central.

Strange article about the Herediano match from La Nacion, confirming the match, but also claiming that the Force are the Revs with the name changed? Or am I misinterpreting the Spanish?
    http://www.nacion.com/deportes/Herediano-jugara-amistoso-Unidos_0_1358264251.html

24. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009

Ha, great find. And yes, the article says it will be against the MLS team New England Force, that it seems is New England Revolution, only that they've slightly changed their name.

25. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    ''The boss indicates that the friendly game will be versus MLS team, New England Force, that, it seems to look like, is the NE Revolution, only that it has slightly changed its name''

Well, this is stupid, the NE Revolution and the NE Force are not related :thumbsdown: