New Blog available!

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by philrothgeb, Feb 26, 2012.

1. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
    I just wanted to bring to your attention a new blog that is now live from Keith Scarlett. He was most recently the Head Women's Soccer Coach at Eastern Oregon University and is now an Assistant Coach for a pro club in Australia.

You can find the blog here:http://keithscarlett.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

2. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
  3. cmonyougulls

cmonyougulls Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    The blog on the 1-3-4-3 is a direct "copy" of Anson Dorrance's philosophy.

The language, terminology and even complete sentences are copied.

This is plagiarism at its most clear. There is absolutely nothing wrong with borrowing the philosophy and using it, but to pass it off as one's own creative thinking is wrong.

4. cmonyougulls

cmonyougulls Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    The blog on the 1-3-4-3 is a direct "copy" of Anson Dorrance's philosophy.

The language, terminology and even complete sentences are copied.

This is plagiarism at its most clear. There is absolutely nothing wrong with borrowing the philosophy and using it, but to pass it off as one's own creative thinking is wrong.

5. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
    I just went in and checked and he credits Anson Dorrance and a soccer club in Ohio at the end of the post?!?!?! Did you not see that?

6. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
    OK, I went back and re-read it completely and the only times he says any comments are his are when he states it. Otherwise, to me at least, it reads like a summary of something else. A bit different writing style than his other posts, especially in the middle section.

I don't know what work from Dorrance you are referring to, so maybe that's why the only thing I recognize as different is the writing style? I'm also not familiar with the soccer club he credits, either? I will send him an e-mail and ask him about it and bring this to his attention.

I know him very-well personally and I can assure you there was no plagarism intended. He isn't like that. I do know he's been sending each post to several different people to proof-read and look-over before posting them and from what I know, they are all soccer people whom I'm guessing would recognize a Dorrance reference, you'd think?

He doesn't frequent this site (as far as I know), but I'll direct him to your posts and maybe he'll choose to join us himself?

7. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Just an update: I emailed Keith and he responded by saying he understood and would edit the blog to put the credits at the top of the post also. Thanks for bringing that to my, as well as his attention.

8. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Just an update: I emailed Keith and he responded by saying he understood and would edit the blog to put the credits at the top of the post also. Thanks for bringing that to my, as well as his attention.

9. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
  10. socdad

socdad Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Dayton, Oh
    Just wondering if jas0575 and philrothgeb are the same person post weekly up dates about this blog on a couple different soccer sites?

11. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Yep. both the same poster. jas0575 is the beginning of my email and I messed up when registering for some of the sites and had to keep that username because of the site not allowing a email to be used twice. Real name is Phillip Rothgeb.

12. keithscarlett

keithscarlett New Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Joondalup, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please pardon the interuption to your thread. From what I have read, this is not a popular thing to do;)

This is Keith Scarlett. Someone told me I needed to check out the site a week or so ago because of some questionable posts on it. I didn't worry that much about it then and didn't check it out. I don't make a habit of getting involved in these types of message-boards unless I know other posters and feel very comfortable around them.

Today I was told I really needed to check it out. So, I did and I'm glad I did.

I do know Phil. He and I go back many years. He really is a good guy, just over-zealous at times. :eek:

However, I have spoken with him about these posts on this site (apparently there are other sites, as well?!?!?) and have asked him to stop stirring things up. I appreciate his support and promotion of the blog, but the rest of this "garbage" is unacceptable. I have told him that I don't appreciate it.

I have also requested through the site administrators that these posts be removed.

I apologize for the disruption that has been caused on what was assumed to be a party of mine.

Hopefully, this will resolve the situation and it won't occur again.

Thanks for your time,

Keith Scarlett

13. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Keith Scarlett has a new blog-post up now.

It is titled, "The Game Before The Game; pre-competition preparation."

You can find it here: http://keithscarlett.blogspot.com

14. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
  15. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
  16. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Keith Scarlett has a new blog-post up now.

It is titled, "THE MAN IN THE MIRROR: can you out coach him?"

It is the first of a multi-part series.

You can find it here: http://keithscarlett.blogspot.com/

17. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Keith Scarlett's newest blog-post is now up.

It is the second-part of a multi-part series and is titled, "THE MAN IN THE MIRROR: Can you find it? Your players depend on it."

18. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011

It is the Third-part of a multi-part series and is titled, "THE MAN IN THE MIRROR: Denial – the Kryptonite of player development"

19. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand how Bonnie Lass could have closed the 2012 WPS thread over on the WPS forum, yet this thread still lives here. Administrator, could you please close this thread? It is not appropriate for this forum.

20. hilltopsoccer

hilltopsoccer Member

Aug 24, 2007
    TX
    AGREEED! This is a waste.

21. uscue13

uscue13 Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there nothing in the board rules about personal promotion? I know he says he doesn't want this guy stirring the pot for him, but it's quite annoying and just a promotional thread. First time I've clicked it but it keeps popping to the top of the board

22. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Bloggers get a thread to promote their blogs. That's it. One thread. When they were posting in other threads, I asked them to stop and keep it to one thread. They did.

Now, if anyone else has a better suggestion as to where this thread should be located, than by all means, please share it with the original blogger here in the thread and see if they agree. If they do, I'll be happy to move it.

(And the WPS_Movement thread was closed, because it's the same exact thread he does every 2 months with fake teams and fake information and lots of would-be sponsor logos.)

23. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got it. Thanks Bonnie Lass, for the explanation.

1 person likes this.
  24. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011

It is the Fourth-part of a multi-part series and is titled, "THE MAN IN THE MIRROR: Coaching Myths"

25. philrothgeb

philrothgeb Member

Oct 11, 2011

It is the Fourth-part of a multi-part series and is titled, "THE MAN IN THE MIRROR: Coaching Myths"