New and improved Season Ticket Holder Count

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by profiled, May 17, 2012.

1. Scoey

Scoey Member

Oct 1, 1999
    Portland
    According to Merritt Paulson's twitter, the Timbers had a 96% renewal rate for 2013. With a ginormous waiting list, you can pretty much count on Portland selling out of season tix for year three, whatever number they set it at.

I must say I'm a bit surprised, given how utterly sh!tastic this season was. I personally didn't renew until the very last day.

2. Kejsare

Kejsare Member+

Portland Timbers
    Mar 10, 2010
    Virginia
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just yesterday it was pinned at 95% by Mike the COO. Rounding up by Merritt?
    http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/2012/10/despite-record-timbers-season.html

3. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went by the Quakes FO yesterday and spoke with my ticket rep. She said that 2013 season ticket sales had surpassed the 2012 number (rumored to be around 4,000) one month ago. Should see a substantial leap, especially with stadium construction starting within the next few months, and hopefully with a nice playoff run.:)

4. fuzzx

fuzzx Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Brossard
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    profiled repped this.
  5. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Got the following in my season ticket holder email for FC Dallas, no hard numbers but some relative ones (and word on renewals for next season).

uclacarlos repped this.
  6. aperfectring

aperfectring Member+

Jul 13, 2011
    Hillsboro, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
  7. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But in your fourth year, Portland...

8. Kejsare

Kejsare Member+

Portland Timbers
    Mar 10, 2010
    Virginia
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buying single game tickets next year is going to be swift. :coffee:

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the fourth year stayed up! And that's what you're going to get Timbers Army, the strongest team in all of Oregon.

10. carnifex2005

carnifex2005 Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    TFC apparently have about 1600 season ticket packages left for next season. That would put them around 14,400 season tickets sold. Guess the price rollback helped a lot.

11. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    It did but a) this is still a disaster compared to where this franchise could be and b) the roll back bought them one year, and one year only, to put a winning team on the field before the number falls off a cliff.

12. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not a new STH count but instead the amounts various Supporter Groups pay for their 2013 Season Tickets:

[​IMG]

Notes:

1. VAN has SGs in two differently priced sections, thus the VAN1 and VAN2

2. VAN and MTL do not included the HST and CRA in their listed prices so I added it by going to the "purchase" option and finding out what the "total" price was. TFC do include HST and CRA in their listed prices so they were kept as is.

3. VAN does not list an exact number of games for their ST packages. It lists all MLS home games (17) and all Amway Canadian Championship home games (1 or 2). Since at this point they are only guaranteed one such ACC game I used 18 to divide their ST package price to get the ST $/GM.

4. DCU Supporter Section prices are not listed on the DCU website but on the SG sites. There was a discrepancy between the two sites so I went with the 468.00 number which divided by the 18 games in the ST package to an even $26/GM number.

13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colorado Terraces (North end standing area and bench seating in corners) - $238
    Colorado Class VI (East sideline, midway between box and midfield) - $357

These are both total prices (so all taxes, etc.)

14. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

the terraces are the main SG section right? i am sure there are SG pockets for other teams that are more expensive but i mostly just listed the "main" area listed as or for SGs. the only reason i put two for VAN is that the one main SG section is literally straddling two different priced sections. total stupidity.

15. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    11.9986 km from BMO Field
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    FWIW the TFC number is for new season ticket holders. In the supporter's section that's likely zero as they sold the south end out during the relocation event, before the tickets went on sale to non-ticket holders.

The price current holders paid was $190.

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Class VI is a few hundred members with a couple of hundred season tickets. More than just "a pocket".

17. fuzzx

fuzzx Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Brossard
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Not necessarily the case. If you buy online, you have to pay the above fees. But if you call the stadium ticket office, you pay the listed rate. I don't know if and how they get around the agreement with TicketMaster, but i'm thankful for it!

Most people who spend any time around the team knows the loophole and buys their tickets that way(I learned it half way through the season :| ). Single game tickets bought this way are picked up through will-call.

Also, STH's who renewed paid last season's rate ($250 vs $295). Most tickets in the SG section were renewed, though I don't know numbers. I don't know how you want to calculate that.

18. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    uh aren't the HST and CRA are some sort of Canadian taxes? not Ticketmaster fees? anyway it was the price listed when you went to purchase via the team's website.

19. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, if you commit for 2 years, the upper deck season ticket at the HDC comes out to $12.50 a game, actually cheaper than the supporters sections. And, in my opinion, better overall view of the game. 1 year i think is $13.50, but I think that one had a time deadline

20. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yeah there are definitely better deals to be had for example I pay $285 for my seats in section 103 at FC Dallas Stadium which by face value are significantly more expensive then the supporters section ticket locations would be (though with the new beer garden setup hard to say).

21. fuzzx

fuzzx Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Brossard
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

oh, seems you are partially correct, taxes are added separately. In Quebec its the GST and QST, as opposed to HST elsewhere. All I can say for sure is that single game tickets purchased over the phone are sold at face value.

I have no idea where you got CRA from, that's the Canadian Revenue Agency.Though I am not familiar with how taxes are presented in BC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_Canada

22. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  23. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please note that the ECS in seattle has a lot of people grandfathered in at 297%, the new folks are at 390-400$ (new folks means people after year 1)

24. Mucky

Mucky Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Manchester England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Will the new season ticket account be placed here or a new thread started?

25. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feel free to start a new one, I just created this one to avoid the argument in the previous incarnation of the thread.