Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo201

echo201 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    wow,great. Nice word.Feyenoord

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hearing rumors of a Kuyt/Kalou reunion at De Kuip.

Any more on this?

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, not gonna happen.

4. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    For real aren't they just now getting themselves out of some serious financial trouble?

5. Part 1: The making of Clasie

Clasie (169 cm) gives the smaller soccer player hope.

How Feyenoord delivered tailor made work with the education of the half-pint in the Youth Academy.

Clasie (169 cm) gives all small soccer players in the Netherlands hope. Professional soccer is attainable too with a shorter length. But in his case it took a radical turn around in thinking. In Feyenoord’s Youth Academy Clasie (now 20) for years purposely practiced less than the rest of his team mates.

The 2006/2007 season is a few months on its way and a pattern becomes clear. At the Feyenoord B1 Jordy Clasie has a lot of problems to play the full stretch of the matches. In the course of the second half he slowly fades away and in the last 15 minutes the little fellow gets cramp in his calfs. The reactions are easily predictable. So young and than already tired of a little match? Exercise harder little kad, or else you are done with quickly.

The head of the Academy, Henk van Stee, a few years before already honestly advised Clasie to look for a nice club in the vicinity of Alkmaar, close at home. And a lot of youth coaches think that way.
    But when he isnot tired, Clasie shows on the ball things that make him the talent that as a first year B-junior is allowed to practice with the batch of the under-17. So Raymond Verheijen, than just started as an exercise physiologist at Varkenoord (the Youth Academy Grounds), turns his attention to the question if it still is possible to design a plan for Clasie.
    In consultation with the B-youth coaches Cor Adriaanse and Jan Gösgens a tailor made exercise scheme is made. Clasie is not going to exercise more, but actually less. A lot less..
    Football conditional excercises of his team from then on he literally only participates for half the time. Little matches of 11 versus 11, the thing soccer players love the most to do, for him are restricted to a maximum of two times 8 minutes, after that the rest often continues for a while. ( See the training scheme that will be in the next part).

“With Jordy all conditions were in place to being stretched to his limits as a kid”, Verheijen says when he picks up the exercise schemes of those days. “He was of small stature and traveled very early in the morning all the way from Haarlem to Rotterdam to go to school and exercise. That all costs a lot of force. Cramp is a logical signal from the body that it cannot cope with the full load. By letting him exercise literally half less Jordy kept enough energy to execute better what he was doing. Now he did not have to deplete his reserves, with the result he started every exercise fresh. The purpose of exercising is to attempt every time again to act one percent faster than the time before that. Only by turning 100% time after time into 101% a youth player develops himself. But when you start the exercise already at 95%, you never will get to that 101%.

6. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Fey what did your fellow Feyenoorder say about posting whole articles? :):p

7. That was about web sites. This is not available on the internet and not in English, so....no problem. You're just jealous that no one posts interesting articles about your team:p

8. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    So it's a newspaper article? Or from a magazine? I'm not sure translating from those is a good idea either....Not that I don't appreciate it.

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the fact that its translated makes it okay.

10. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    well, I thank you for posting it as it was very interesting.

One thing though, I am 5'8" . What would that make me if converted to what you fine folk in europe use?

11. echo201

echo201 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    I can learn very much from here:)

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1.73 m

13. According to Voetbal International Feyenoord offered Dirk a long years contract, but Martin van Geel confirms nor denies that that offer has gone out.
    But he also said that it will be difficult to get him in.

Kalou his contract expires this season and he seems to be eager to leave Chelsea so a lot of top clubs are after him. So I donot think he will be back.

Okay, our top scorer is out. Guidetti has a virus born inflamation of his nerves in his shooting leg and is hardly capable of standing on that leg. Also our brains Karim in the midfield is out with a suspension.

AZ has Moisander suspended.

Thankfully the KNVB gave Vilhena permission to skip the U17 obligations for this match, so he can fill in the Karim spot.

AZ hasnot have a good record this season of the top 6 against each other in away games. They never managed to win. Feyenoord on the other hand is the best of the top six in away and home encounters against each other. Only AZ and PSV managed to beat us just at their home. AZ after a referee blunder that red carded one of our players and PSV in the dying seconds after an attacker pushed our defender of his feet and thus making it possible for his mate to score the winner.
    AZ also is showing signs of wear and tear, as the Feyenoord squad is showing freshness.

It will be an all out battle for the full three points, as less is fatal for the second spot. And when Ajax is defeated by FC Twente the title is still possible for either of the two.

14. echo201

echo201 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    12 de Octubre

Great, i can learn much from here

15. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Feyenoord 0-0 AZ at the half.

Guidetti still out sick. Fernandez started, but he went off with an injury in the first half. They have little Achabar playing up front now, with Leerdam replacing El-Ahmadi in the midfield.

16. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Elm and Moisander out for AZ leaves a very soft middle defense--so far Reijnen has played very well

Feyenoord looks like te beter team but I think AZ will have more gas left in the tank later

1st goal will be huge

17. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    1-0 Feyenoord takes the lead, Vlaar to Bakkal who curls one in off the post.

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm watching the other game, how is Clasie doing?

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Teak are you aware of this site: Sidekick. You location says you live at the other side of the world so just asking.

20. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I am now. Thanks. But I am watching the match live and will take a look at the stats when its over.

21. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Clasie is out-performing Maher, IMHO.

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Clasie always lifts his game in top matches. The man of the match has just come in and also there he is picked as having a very good game:

[​IMG]

Clasie gets the star and is chosen as man of the match.

23. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Feyenoord hang on to win 1-0 over AZ and take control of second place.

:D

24. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Hey, nice graphics.

Vlaar and de Vrij have been playing very well at the centre of defense also. I might have gone with Vlaar for MoM. Still, I am a Clasie fan also!

I don't know why Koeman didn't go with Cisse moving to central attacker and then Cabral on the left. Achabar looked lost out there. He doesn't hold the ball up very well, and his passes were to AZ defenders.

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Achabar is known to be a pretty big talent at Feyenoord. Previously he also had a few appearances where he looked a bit lost. However I like him and with Vilhena behind him it's a total other player. So maybe if Bakkal goes Vilhena can step in and Achabar gets confidence. Achabar is a player that is very good at flicking a ball through, so a player with speed behind him making that has an action on his own is important. Maybe he and Wijnaldum would have worked out very well also.