Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good news! I wonder what is going through Luc Castignos's mind right now given the performance of your club vs. his???:D

2. And we even have a technically better one in the hand, Acha boy. I would have preferred that he would have gotten more sub in playing time this season.

3. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you have a link for the info about the financial ratings of the clubs?

4. echo201

echo201 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    12 de Octubre

I can Learn much from here

5. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Here is the report for Feyenoord. Either cut-and-paste into Google translate, or else click the translate toolbox at the top of the page.

http://www.feyenoord.nl/pages/newsdetail/S1/10010000040100-999-10010000000003.aspx

Apparently, only Ajax, PSV, Twente, NEC, and Sparta Rotterdam are in Category 3 at this time.

1 person likes this.
  6. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Well, he sure faded this season. Started off with around 5 goals, but has only gotten one in 2012. Should have sold him at the winter break when a few EPL clubs were looking at him.

7. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Great! I will come to you for assistance then, when Google translate fails to convey the nuances in Dutch lingo.

;)

9. Feyenoord A1 smashed Youth Champions League finalist Ajax A1 5-3 and are now 2 points behind them for the A1 title. It is sad that the match had to be played in an empty "Kuip" with only family and invited people to watch it, due to the bunch of idiots that cannot attend a match between Feyenoord and Ajax without resorting to violence if things donot go their way.
    How I long for the days that I sat at an Feyenoord-Ajax match next to Ajax fans and mocking each other in a friendly way.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax couldn't deal with the pressure after being 1-3 up I guess. No worries, they'll be champions next week.

11. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    They didn't smash anything lol, it's obvious that you didn't watched the game. Ajax came comfortably ahead with 3 - 1 and thought they've won the league. A couple of penalties for Feyenoord later and the Ajax boys knew it wasn't meant to be for that day. I would've probably said that they choked had I not seen the game, but truth is Feyenoord has a bunch of divers in their team. :p

Ajax A1 know they have 2 relative easy games coming up so it's still in their hands. C1 already champions, 1st team on title course and the same goes for the A1, B1, D1, E1 and F1 teams. Jong Ajax have worked themselves up to 2nd place with most goals scored and less conceded in the league and they are in the Cup final next week.

Now that's dominance, how you feel? :D

12. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Now that's thrashing.. :)

13. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Scoring highlights of the Feyenoord-Ajax A1 match here:

[ame="http://vimeo.com/40746982"]http://vimeo.com/40746982[/ame]

14. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Fifteen minutes to kickoff against ADO Den Haag and the team news is that Guidetti is out sick, and won't even make the subs bench.

Guyon "I want a red card" Fernandez to start.

:eek:

15. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    0-0 at the half.

16. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Fernandez set up Schaken 40 seconds into the second half and it is now 0-1 to Feyenoord. :D

17. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Now Bakkal sends Fernandez clear with a pass and it is 0-2.

18. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Feyenoord wins 2-1 away to ADO Den Haag. ADO got a penalty kick at the end to close the gap (Immers) but it was too little too late.

19. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    AZ (0-0) and PSV (0-1) at halftime now, hopefully no more goals will be made in those matches so Feyenoord will strengthen their spot as 2nd and thus Champions League next year..
    Very bad news that we will miss El-Ahmadi against AZ next week, he's been incredible this season. But atleast we should have mister hatricketti back.

20. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    should be a very interesting final few weeks of the season.

21. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as AZ or 010 or Twente finish ahead of PSV, this season will end up fine. :cool:

22. This sunday Jozy Altidore is going to experience soccer atmosphere at its best. He's going to play the best pitch surrounded by the most fanatic crowd he has ever encountered. And the stakes couldnot get higher. Both teams are battling for the second CL spot (unless Ajax folds in the last 3 matches...please, please..do so.. please). It was that experience as a guest of PSV player Damarcus to watch the Feyenoord - PSV game that made Cory Gibbs want to play there.
    Nothing comes close to it when the stakes are so high as in this coming match. Jozy will be well advised to plug his ears as the noise will be deafening and unprotected he willnot be able to enjoy his I-player for the next week:cool:
    So how will he handle himself in this intimidating environment? Will de Vrij put him on ice with those brilliant tackles he has shown when they are needed?

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Could have been one of the best US players ever save for the devastating knee injury; he was never really able to full come back.

24. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Lets hope for a wide open attacking game with lots of chances

I'm not worried about Jozy at all--he is getting mre comfortable every game and fitting the AZ style--he's played before big noisy crowds and I think he will do just fine

Moisander may be out on yellow cards but this is for 2nd and a tie does neither team any good at all so this should be fun as they both will go all out

and please--please--please--don't let the ref make some dumb call that changes the outcome--and also no rain

25. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may come as a suprise to you, but over on Ajaxtalk, there seem to be a few of us (myself included) who are pulling for 010 to finish second, ahead of PSV and AZ. However, I hope Jozy scores a goal or two as well.