Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voetbal International Interview with 4 Feyenoord talents after the bad day at PSV
    Part 1

In the youth they won everything possible, but at last at Feyenoord 1 Ricky van Haaren (20), Luc Castaignos (18), Jerson Cabral (19) and Bruno Marins Indi (18) are confronted with set backs and criticism.
    A frank, outspoken talk.
    The future of Rotterdam South wants to be taken seriously.
    “The outside world should demand a little bit more from us”.

10-0

The day after the 10-0 against PSV Bruno Martins Indi was filling his tank. A complete stranger to him spoke to the young defender:”You guys hurt me, really hurt me”. “I had no idea what he ment, until it suddenly dawned on me, oh yes, that 10-0.”

It was the biggest humiliation in their young life.

Jerson Cabral:”I’m 18 years old, but I already have reached the low point of my career already! After the 10-0 at PSV I donot think we cannot fall any deeper. I think that is positive, from now on it can only get better.”

Bruno Indi:”My record was 6-0. With that score I once lost against Spartaan ’20 at Feyenoord. Until that away game against PSV. It was as if I was in a bad movie. I played in the back and there was no way stopping it. They kept on pressing and every attack was a goal.”

Cabral:” You play your whole life for Feyenoord and never before the club lost with these numbers. I really wondered why it had to happen now. Precisely at the moment we play in the first team..”

Castaignos:”It really was terrible. A kind of nightmare that wouldnot end.”

Ricky van Haaren:”In the youth we won those kind of matches. PSV-away? You really donot think we lost sleep about that. Ajax too we beat 9 out of 10. We simply were the best. They looked up against us. Now it is a little different.”

Cabral:”In the youth we were untouchable/unapproachable, but at the moment everybody is glad we won at home against VVV. With all due respect, but formerly we simply knew it in advance, mind you.”

Castaignos:”But at the moment we donot have that certainty. Even if we play 100% it still is a wait and see if we win. One advantage: those days are going to change. It might sound strange, but we are going to get better because of it. At the moment we learn to cope with setbacks.”

The beginning/ How it started

The local accent dominates the talk. The future of Feyenoord is being determined by Rotterdammers.

“That’s good, isnot it.” says Ricky van Haaren. “I’m a boy from town, I’m from East, Prinsenland. VVOR was my first amateur club, until the E-youth. After that I could go to Excelsior, where I played up to the point of the C’s. Then Feyenoord came.”

Martins Indi:”I am from South, from“de Slinge”, 10 minutes away from the “Kuip. My first club was Spartaan ’20. As a first year C I was allowed on trial at Feyenoord. Back then both clubs had a cooperation with each other. If someone from Spartaan ’20 was any good, Feyenoord was at the doorstep”.

Castaignos:”I grew up in Schiedam, but that’s next to Rotterdam. Excelsior ’20 was my first club, but I wanted to move up and applied at Spartaan ’20, just like Bruno. I played there for a year and could go to Feyenoord. Also because of that cooperation.”

2. Re: Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord

Thought I could better start a new thread with this interview at hand.
    The title is ment as a counterweight to the pompous, self master bating titles that that other club puts in.
    It is a title that shows true and unconditional love and is also a tribute to the late Blankemeijer.

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord

I like it!

echo201 repped this.
  4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Ajax should buy them. Just for laughs.

6. Re: Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord

You can't afford them, so stick to Mido..:p

7. Re: Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord

The foreign vulgar clubs are scavinging again:

translation of an AD Sportwereld article:

Several European top clubs are chasing Feyenoord youth player Natan Aké (15). The central defender of Feyenoord B1 is in the center of attention of the English giants Manchester City and Chelsea. Alan Watson, manager scouting at ManCity is said to be wanting to do business in the short term.
    Feyenoord officially can contract the left footed Voorburg inhabitant only when he becomes 16 on 18th of February. Aké, who started at the amateur club Wilhelmus in Voorburg and 3 years ago was taken over by Feyenoord from the C1’s at ADO, is said to have a preliminary agreement already with Feyenoord. This means that an interested club must pay a by Feyenoord to be set transfer sum. The club should be ahead of the competition with such an agreement.
    In the past Feyenoord missed big transfer sums when foreign clubs snatched away talents without a contract of the Varkenoord site. Jeffrey Bruma (Chelsea), Rajiv van la Parra (Caen), and Kyle Ebecilio (Arsenal) fetched Feyenoor only the obligatory education fee, to English clubs still a 75000 euros for each education year.
    The “insiders” see in the left footed Aké, last Saturday with B1 closely watched by coach Mario Been, the biggest talent of his crop. Together with Ajax Ricardo Kishna, who together with him played at ADO Den Haag, is regarded by the National youth team coaches as a potential top player.
    Aké, son of a Dutch mother and an Ivorian father, recently said on Feyenoord TV to have one idol. “Rio Ferdinand is my role model”, the player, who looks like former French international Karembeu said. In the same item he also sketches his future. “Make the first team of Feyenoord and then to a foreign top club”.
    The club management doesnot talk about interest in Aké.”We almost have to put up a stand for the scouts who on a Saturday come for our youth players”, a spokesman said, “But we donot say anything about interest in our youth players.”
    The B1 of Feyenoord, coached by Cor Adriaanse, harbours more big talents. Youth international Tonny Trindade de Vilhena is watched by big clubs. Keeper Boy de Jong, son of former professional Max is also doing extremely well.

Why don't the bastards go to "De Toekomst" .....oh, I forgot ...nothing worth picking up....

By the way Panicfc, congrat with Westham trashing of ManU:)

8. Re: Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord

Former Minister of Finance Wouter Bos about Feyenoord

“I have a shirt of Feyenoord in which I sleep. I live in Amsterdam, but early in the morning I sometimes forget to take off the shirt when I put the garbage bags outside. So when I stand there I always think: Now I have to watch out for a moment.”

:D

“In 1998 I wrote a letter to Jorien van den Herik. I wrote that I’m a Rotterdammer in the “Tweede Kamer” (lower house of the senate), knew a lot of people and maybe could be of use for the club. I never heard any reaction on that. He then of course was a “big person” and I a little one…”.

“I know may name has been mentioned several times in relation to investors, but I never had anything to do with that. Because of my current job I probably even will not be allowed to fill in a position in the supervisory board. Though I would not ask for anything better than that.”

9. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

You got to love how devout some Feyenoord fans get. Remember what Craig Bellamy said? that he loves Feyenoord and wants to play for them and contacted Beenhakker but hadn't heard from him ever since?

Well a group of Feyenoord supporters travelled to Cardiff to talk to Craig and convince him to come to Feyenoord. Craig said that Beenhakker didn't believe him when he said that he want to play for Feyenoord. Craig also said he wants plays for "free" if it has to be the way. And he will come next season when his current team Cardiff city will get promoted.

He still has a contract with Manchester City however...

but Cardiff is in the promotion zone right now.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Perfect replacement for Roy Makaay; another over-the-hill striker. I guess if he plays for free the price is right. He would also be closer to his Dutch physio who apparently is the only one that can keep him on the pitch (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9239342.stm)

11. Re: Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord

Roy wasnot over the hill, he just didnot get feeded the right way and Been insisted to play a system Roy wasnot suited to, instead of tailoring the system to fit the players he got.
    Castaignos has the same problem, the only time he gets feeded well is when Cabral plays.

About Castaignos: Inter wants to buy him and then let him play at Feyenoord to get experienced.
    Feyenoord management is close to imbecility if they do that. Inter paying a youth transfer sum and then let Feyenoord add value by educating/developing him for the profit of Inter. In the proces blocking a place for another forward to get into the first team.
    My message is: sell and slam the gate behind any player that wants to leave as a youth player and never come back.

12. Re: Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord

A legend has left the "Kuip"for good. Life in certain ways hasnot been kind to Coen, but he never ceased to be the good person he was.
    He was offered big money by clubs like Barcelona, but stayed with his beloved Feyenoord and became a legend like that other Dutch soccer icon Abe, who did the same with Heerenveen.
    He was a star in the time that I could lie all night in front of the cigarette shop that sold the Feyenoord - Ajax tickets, together with Ajax fans that hoped to score one, waiting for the shop to open its door.
    Those were the days , my friend.
    I wish his family the strength needed to overcome this sudden loss.

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

This ones for you

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTQwNb3Q9jc"]YouTube - Coen Moulijn - Tribute[/ame]

14. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

R.I.P. Coen. Feyenoord legend.

15. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

RIP Coen.

16. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam

Castaignos to Inter, fee about 4 mil. Feyenoord will only receive 1 mil since the other 75% will go to their investors from the notorious "talent Pool".

1 mil for a talent like Cataignos. :eek:

17. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Ouch. Why not just wait till he's worth more?

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Shockingly bad performance by Feyenoord against Ajax tonight! No clue on how to press the ball or connect a pass. How much longer will Mario Been be managing this team?

19. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

Shockingly close to relegation territory...

20. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

As long as there is no money for a new manager he will remain in charge. The eternal strife inside the club is no help either. They will not relegate, teams such as Willem II, Hercales Almelo, VVV Venlo, De Graafschap and Excelsior remain worse.

21. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Also looks like Vlaar and other young talents are not willing to just sign contract extensions... thinking of their own career rather than be "heros" who stuck around for the bad times.

22. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Met een Been in de Eerste Divisie! :p

23. Gedonder

Gedonder Guest

The fact that Feyenoord is actually happy with a loss says a lot. They thought it would probably be over 5-0, so 2-0 is pretty good. I think that's funny and sad at the same time.

24. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Not only that but even Ajax supporters are donating now because they can't stand Feyenoord in this state want "De Klassieker" back.

on an other note about today's result: ouch.... at least Been will be fired so that's a good thing.