Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Pretty good game again. Controlled the game and once again defensively so good. I think its just a matter of time before Immers starts scoring and getting confortable infront of goal, because outside that he plays well if a bit rushed/panicky at times. Im pretty confident our scoring problems will be fixed soon, cant miss 100% chances everygame forever right? :)

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Immers is rubbish and the club made a big mistake to bring him into the side.

3. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    For an attacking midfielder, Immers tracks back and assists with the defense very well. Now, we just need one of the defensive midfielders to move forward and play some offense, .... naw, maybe Immers needs to improve his offense. o_O I am looking forward to someone else getting a chance at that #10 position: Goossens, Valhena, Singh. Immers has played every minute of every match so far.

4. Martins Indi was to me the man of the match. Clasie had a somewhat dimm match, not as much in control as he usually is, but that could be the result of his groin trouble.
    Hope Immers doesnot dwell at all with the missed chances, leave it behind as bygones and shoot as if it was your first shot this season.
    My question why Acha boy wasnot in the selctions of the last few matches is answered as he has an ear inflammattion that doesnot give in yet because of his Ramadan fasting.

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  6. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Two Feyenoord first teamers played in the Norway U-21 match against Austria which ended 2-2. Omar Elabdellaoui scored on a free kick. Harmeet Singh also saw action.

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rumor has it that Feyenoord get 3,5% or even 3,75% of the transfer price. Around 24 million pounds is the transfer fee. Another million Euro's in the bag for Feyenoord possibly.

8. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    You are talking about van Persie, I take it. It would come to 840,000 Euros if the rate is 3.5% and 900,000 Euros at 3.75%. Still, not bad considering he hasn't been at Feyenoord for several seasons.

Van Geel did say that Feyenoord have enough money to purchase another striker; perhaps they were waiting for the van Persie deal to go through in order to maximize the money available.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Euro's or pounds?

10. That is only the case if the transfer is going out of the league, so no...neither Feyenoord and Excelsior are going to see any money......dammit...why didnot he go to Italy or Spain:mad:

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You sure?

Source.

12. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Good point. I missed that 'pounds'.

So, 24 million pounds is ~30.56 million Euros. At 3.5%, Feyenoord would get 1.07 million Euros; 3.75%, 1.15 million Euros. That sounds a LOT nicer!

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Turns out the writer of the article I read was wrong if I have to go by what VZ posted today. That feels as an loss as expectation already made the fans in the comment section looking forward to the sum of money.

That sucks for you and Feyenoord.

I think more money means less focus on the own talents from the academy and that is good for Dutch NT. Look at BMI just two days ago. De Vrij. Clasie soon. Maybe Achabar gets more time and pulls a Clasie (also deemed to small at first) if Feyenoord does not buy a new striker from the money they get. Maybe, maybe not. Look at all midfielders while Vilhena could have filled in excellent maybe. Now he has taken Raiola as adviser and we all know what that man is about. My experience is that more money leads to less creativity and stupid signings. That having said, if the money is used for a better financial position which leads to Feyenoord being better able to retain it's own talents I agree this really sucks.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Witness the history of Ajax over the past six or so seasons.

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Feyenoord had a couple of bucks and used them to sign Immers. Nuff said.

he so scrumptiouz repped this.
  16. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Actually, van Geel said that Feyenoord did have money to buy another striker and that was before the van Persie deal was announced. I suspect that they are being careful, however, and maybe, just maybe, waiting on Guidetti for another loan season. You will note that he is at least #6 on the Manchester City striker list. Balotelli, Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez, and Abebayor are all rated higher than John boy.

17. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Feyenoord - Heerenveen

De Vrij out injured from final practice session, so starting lineup:

Mulder;
    Janmaat, Martins-Indi, Mathijsen, Nelom;
    Vormer, Immers, Clasie;
    Schaken, Fernandez, Cisse.

18. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    0-0 at the half. Feyenoord had a lot of corners, but only the Mathijsen header was on target.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Terrible, terrible defending by Mathijsen. Gets a Red card and concedes a PK. 0-1 Heerenveen.

Wow, Schaken takes on three defenders and gets a real nice equalizer!

EDIT: Only saw the final 30 minutes of this one. I guess it was really hot on the pitch. Kuipers let the teams have a water break with about 15 minutes to go. Mathijsen just doesn't have it any more and it's too bad that Feyenoord spent money on him, he just cannot keep up with strikers now. Schaken's move was really nice though Zuiverloon did slip down when he first got the ball. Still had to move past two other defenders and create space for the shot. The two stars of the '88 EC champs share the points today.

20. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    At the start of the match I would have said two points dropped. Now, after seeing how cr@p we were, I can say one point saved. Koeman really needs to give Vilhena a shot at Immer's position. Feyenoord cannot go through a season missing so many chances.

Next match sees a Martins-Indi - Kongolo CB pairing.

21. Actually Mathijsen did hit the ball first and then the player, but I guess the referee couldnot see it well and the only thing he saw was a tackle was from behind, so he had an induced bad call.

22. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Yeah, that's the consensus in the other Feyenoord forum I read. Ref was cr@p most of the match, missing the Heerenveen handball in their area and then giving Mathijsen the red card with PK in Feyenoord area. But, that's the way it goes throughout a season; sometime you get the breaks, sometimes you don't.

23. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can anyone give me the lowdown on Stefen de Vrij? I'm awfully curious. 20 years old, and already the Captain of a historic club...interesting prospect.

24. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Seems to read the game well. But nothing exceptional otherwise if you ask me.

25. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Woooooooo 2-2 in the 93rd minute. THANK GOD...
    2 defensive mistakes in the first half, 2 goals against.
    First half was quite poor, clasie of all people made some very bad mistakes for the first time in his career that i know of. Second half was incredible.
    Feyenoord dominated the game, but couldnt get a goal in for a long time. Nelom scored a beautifull 2-1, and our youngster achakbar scored a fantastic goal from a corner in the 93rd minute.
    We more than deserved this draw, we deserved much more. But untill we can start finishing big chances, were in for a bumpy season.

All in all, a fantastic spectacular game. Lets see if Madrid/barcalona can beat this excitement wise.