Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Today in AD Sportwereld my assumtion that the CL experience is vital to the difference between Ajax and the rest is confirmed by FdB. FdB sees his players get toughened up by playing many big matches in a short period. They realize better and better what it takes to peek again and again. Players need to go through the pain barrier. FdB knows that it is difficult to emulate that in training, so he cherishes the CL matches and now the EuroLeague confrontations.
    For the feyenoord players the message is clear, toughen up or get benched in the World Cup.
    It also points to the stupidity of the coaches that fielded their second choice in the Euro league matches the last few years. It pays to battle in a 3 days loop.

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    7 points advantage last season and 6 points the year before are little margins? o_O

Keep in mind that Ajax are the only club left still in contention for 3 trophies and this has been the case for most of the seasons which makes it harder to concentrate just on the league. Vitesse were out in Europe (so did Feyenoord) and the cup very early.

TFC Ajax repped this.
  3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And keep in mind that Ajax has spend next to nothing on players these last few years.

4. I think it is funny to lay the blame, as someone did, with Koeman as it is obvious it were the players themselves who did it to the club. I also think it is funny to blame Koeman for the gap in points between Feyenoord and 020. Both this year and last year FdB only by accident and forced by injuries found the winning combination of players. Not by analysis of the strengths and qualities of his players. And can you blame Koeman that our opponents somehow manage to get about 5 chances and a conversion rate of 60/70 percent against the opponents of Ajax that manage to create like PSV about 10 point blank chances and a conversion rate of 0.1 or so.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That would be me! He's a bad manager with many NT players on the squad who are underachieving. You can say it's the players but the trainer needs to get the ship upright. Club had a terrible start of the season and has really not live up to its potential.

Bran repped this.
  6. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He is indeed a bad manager, it would have been the fault of the team if this was just an incidental loss among the many wins but it isn't. Too many players are out of form, some also clearly lacking confidence (De Vrij), each time Feyenoord has a chance to become first place they choke, crappy tacttics as in just lobbing the ball forward to Pelle, the baffling starting position of Immers etc

7. I get very happy when I look at the nimble and fast foot movements of JP Boëtius. He is gaining momentum after his return from injury.
    I'm still pissed with Bruno because of his unprofessional behaviour that cost him 3 match bans, including the all important one against Twente. This kind of behaviour isnot going to please van Gaal. If you cannot control yourself in the meek Dutch competition, what are you going to do confronted with the blood suckers from the international scene.

aveslacker repped this.
  8. Pellè gave a hint what will make him stay next season....He pointed to van Basten as the new coach for Feyenoord he would love to train under....Well, I'm not sure if MvB is a good idea.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He couldn't cope with the pressure at Ajax, he won't cope with it at Feyenoord. Heerenveen is just the right club for him!

10. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    MvB isnt staying at Heereveen. And I dont want him at Feyenoord. Koeman gave us a form of stability which we desperatly needed, but now we should take the next step. Whoever is the next coach, i assume and hope it will be somebody already working here. Van gastel/bronckhorst most likely, will still have to work with the players made available to him. There was some talk of Guidetti returning, which would be great without question-, but other than that our players will continue being youth or free players.

Not a viable name springs to mind.. So I hope the next coach is already working at the club. Stability remaining key.

11. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Van Geel wants someone experienced. Co Adriaanse looks to be the favourite to take over from Koeman.

12. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They might actually win something with Cootje at the helm.

13. Unbelievable how we were screwed by the referee by not giving us a penalty twice. We are fuming as we got nailed by the ref last match too by giving the opponent a hnadsball penalty and not to us and now again. Hopefully Pellè isnot suspended for his hooligan act after the match.

14. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Shouldn't need to rely on penalties to win the match. The time wasting was pathetic by your keeper to be honest, a draw was surely deserved.

15. What are you talking about:rolleyes:...If the goalie didnot foul the player it would have been a goal..a penalty is a compensation for taking away a goal, not a gift. How long have you been watching soccer?

16. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Very mixed feelings about Pellé's action and his voorwaardelijke straf. Not the game..

For how Pellé behaved.. Kicking against the dugout and against camera-team equiptment... Its not about damage done, its about losing self-control. And self-control is one of the most important things there is, and honestly Pelle should not get away with it as he seems to have done now. KNVB must have taken into account that feyenoord was screwed over by mister Gözübüyük, and thus basicly gave Pelle a get out of jail free card.

Pelle should be penalized. Gözübüyük should be held accountable. The stupidlious unclear rule about when a player who is offside is of influence to the play should be changed. But most of all, we should have just won the game. I absolutely hate to agree with the ajax fanboys who noticed this aswell, but we have been playing mostly cowardly in big games ever since guidetti left. And thats on Koeman, and the squad.

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Feyenoord was better. You might have had a chance to actually win it without Immer.s.

Bran repped this.
  18. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I knew we would lose when/because we scored the opening goal.

19. It was terrible to loose against an Ajax team this bad. If we have to loose against 020, at least let it be against a class team, not that bunch of shit yesterday. And again the defense made the same mistake they made in the first matches in A'dam. Not keeping the lines close to each other. Those idiots again let an enormous space between them and the mid field open, so giving Ajax the opportunity to play out of trouble. And again an opponent managed to get a scoring percentage of about 40% against us. It must have been about 5 chances they had and yet 2 goals. (somehow those same opponents get far more chances against Ajax, but then all of a sudden drop to a conversion rate of about 5 %). It happened us against minor teams too often this season, even against teams we had lying on their backs waiting for Feyenoord to kill them off with 4 goals. It is ridiculous to see a team at 1 point from us that managed to play so bad in about 20 matches, PSV, that they became the laughing stock of the "top 5 teams"..
    It is ridiculous to see again a goal being given away in a standard situation like a corner is. What the f..if you know you have conceded that many goals from that kind of situations, practice defending it till you drop...but no...let's do it again.

20. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those "fallen gods" keep falling their way to the top of the table. :laugh:

Hopefully you'll have a real manager next year and might provide some competition.

21. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rutten will never win the league. But at least he will get them to show a bit better football.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is he going to be the new manager? Did a good job with Twente.

23. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yessir. Not that good under pressure or with the media unfortunately.

24. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That reminds me. Whatever happened to @johan neeskens?

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    She has been gone for about a year now. Don't know what's up. I did send her a PM but never heard back. Perhaps she has just moved on with RL.