"Nein, Frau, weine nicht": All-inclusive Olympic 2012 thread!

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Smulan, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Didn't people say the same about Japan a few years ago too?

When you look at were France were not so long go, we are just witnessing the start of a process, not the end.

2. mxpbolt959

mxpbolt959 Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hope so. Women's soccer needs more nations that can not only show well vs. the USWNT, but win.

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well it is the same football philosophy, so same problems...

4. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

France NT have the exact same problems as Arsenal. I know because Arsenal is my favorite team and I see teh same problems that exist for them in France.

• Poor defensive from open play
    • horrible defensiveon set piecies
    • too many bad shoots from distance when they have the ability to pentrate the defense for better shots
    • playin in the wrong system(formation)

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Arsenal we see now? Hmmmm yeah, I can see the similarities, but Arsenal didn't always look this way though.

The French girls are missing some of the same components the current Arsenal men are missing, but the girls aren't competing with Man City/Chelsea levels of player poaching either.

The FFF appear to be steadily generating a conveyor belt of future talents, that have an eerie resemblance to the stars we currently see running within the senior set up right now.

Renard, Le Sommer, and Delie, are probably the first generation to come through the rebuilding project, but I would be very shocked if they were also the last too.

Bini my not be their to see the end result, but I see France following the similar trends of Japan and Euro neighbours Germany, in utilising strong youth development to fix long perceived failings.

6. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hope Bini isn't around for the future. Cuz the French team that was at the Olympics wasn't the team I fell in love with.

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course I did. We won, right? :D

I said elsewhere upstairs that Lloyd responded very well to her initial benching and stopped doing some of the things that drove not just me crazy. She didn't put her shots into row ZZ. She played better defense (especially in the group games there were some lapses as she tired later in the tournament). And basically was the player her fans thought she was. Maybe Pia should have benched her two years ago so she'd respond that way earlier :p

8. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ah, the royal "we". How cute.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  9. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :cool:

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Since, after the closing ceremony of London 2012, this thread is probably going to die down with inedia by now, I can probably ask a question that bugged me since the beginning... What's the meaning (even literal, since my German is awful) of this thread's name and what's the sense of it anyway, if there is one? o_O

I mean, I know that this is a silly question, because it seems like it was named following the model of Frauen-Bundesliga threads, id est quite causally, but anyway, if anyone can share some kind of reason, I'd like to know... :cautious:

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it's probably one of those sappy songs the germans do best (worst?) akin to meine Liebe meine Rose in an emma peel avengers' episode. it means, "no woman, don't cry".

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I suppose nothing to do with Bob Marley's "No woman, no cry". :ROFLMAO:
    Although it reminded me about that! :p

And what's the point of naming an Olympic thread after a sappy german song? o_O
    (probably I am over-investigating...)

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    And you waited all this time to ask?! :D It's a translation of "No woman, no cry" and a tongue in cheek reminder of the fact that Germany weren't going to be making an appearance. A further attempt at humour was the "all-inclusive", implying that even the likes of our German rivalry regulars were welcome despite the fact their team was OUT ;) .

blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, i was always forgetting to do it... :D

Thank you very much for the explanation, now i can peacefully sleep again. :D

Oh, the "all-inclusive" clause probably didn't work as good as intended... It's weeks that I don't see Micol posting, except on the Bundesliga's thread... :cautious:
    Did she desperately tried to live under a rock while a little thing called "Olympics" was under way? o_O

15. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    But in this case, did you mean it as a zero conditional ("When one is womanless, one has no cause for sadness or weeping"), or as a command ("Woman, cease thy lamentations and rejoice!")?

16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    See #3 above.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    though the bob marley song title (taken out of context) is ambiguous, the german thread title is not.

but the language in use now is neither jamaican nor german but bollocks: need i point out that bob marley never appeared in an avengers episode?