"Nein, Frau, weine nicht": All-inclusive Olympic 2012 thread!

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Smulan, Apr 24, 2012.

1. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Hmm. They may need to use whatever miracle adhesive the beach volleyball players are using to keep their underwear on.

2. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    The song "I like big butts and I cannot lie" comes to mind.

3. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    The best version:

Why, it's our old friend kickedinthehead! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that this particular post is what brought you out of hiding — after all, de-pantsing Swedes during games used to be one of Birgit Prinz's chief pleasures in life... wonder what she's doing these days, to fill the void.

For that matter, does anyone have any idea what Team Germany is up to during the Olympics? Each sitting alone in her home with the curtains drawn and sad sad music playing, I suppose. It must hurt, knowing that that there's great show going on not too far away, but a show that they're just not talented enough to compete in...

4. hagabo_i_exil

hagabo_i_exil Member

Apr 27, 2004
    london
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Not nice. I approve!

Awesome example of why teams shouldn't bench their stars when they're qualified for the knock-out stage: Japan only tying Sow Theffrica thus handing group victory to Sweden. Thank you RSA!

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ahem, i think they did it on purpose... to stay in the same hotel and play teemgibi instead of flying to another country to play france.

6. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A player even said as much to the media. Refreshing honesty, I guess.

8. hagabo_i_exil

hagabo_i_exil Member

Apr 27, 2004
    london
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Yes, why not go for the 3-0-0 teemgibi over the 2-0-1 france? #fryingpan->fire

9. hagabo_i_exil

hagabo_i_exil Member

Apr 27, 2004
    london
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    For her it's an Imbareassedment, I guess .

blissett and jocasta repped this.
  10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think she was having a bit of a sense of humor about it (the not my goodies part was lighthearted). But she was also making a point w/ the #WeDemandChange tag b/c that's the tag for the athletes that are protesting rule 40 where athletes can't talk about/tweet/etc their sponsors that are not also official Olympic sponsors. But the Olympics can use those same athletes' images/etc to promote their own brands. Cheney is sponsored by UnderArmour but isn't allowed to thank them or talk about them during the Olympics.

But maybe I read her tone wrong.

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    actually france is playing worse than that record indicates and the loss (against the USA, sorry about that) is not the worst part. england beating brazil makes that matchup seem less tempting but also nixes it. japan will play brazil.

12. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

That was pretty good lol

13. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :: snort :: I totally missed that.

14. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    My money is on La Prinz de-pantsing Swedes and other similarly unsavory characters now that she has time to do it off the field. Maybe she should use some of the depantsed pants to stuff Solo's big mouth?

15. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Normally I'd head the charge into quarterfinal trash talk, but it seems to me that three out of the four matches are a complete toss-up, and any of us who support one of those six teams are scared spitless. The result of the fourth match is less in question, perhaps to the extent that supporters of those two teams are too relaxed to bother. Or am I just projecting?

Still, as long as we've already got the 'Teem Gibi' moniker, I see no harm in extending that to 'Teem Heebie-Jeebies' from here on out.

This just in: Sweden TV is listing a 'Great Britain versus USA' game tomorrow. Canada, US; US, Canada... it's all America, right? What's the big diff?

16. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should call yourself Team Ghibli. And have Totorro as your mascot. :giggle: A flying cat bus would do wonders toward eliminating the travel hazards in Great Britain.

Technically true. ;)

Tsunami repped this.
  17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes, but what match are they talking about? perhaps they're referring to USA-NZ, because that's still part of britain isn't it? they have the same queen!

[​IMG]

18. hagabo_i_exil

hagabo_i_exil Member

Apr 27, 2004
    london
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    good good, we need a repeat of the bronze game now, as I'm sure you understand.

19. hagabo_i_exil

hagabo_i_exil Member

Apr 27, 2004
    london
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    WTF bouhaddi, leave our strikers alone, wasn't Hanna Ljungberg's two month absence enough?!?

20. hagabo_i_exil

hagabo_i_exil Member

Apr 27, 2004
    london
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Two cheap goals so far 1-1...

21. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    lindahl. lindahl. LIN-dahl. It is NOT YOUR JOB to gently place the ball on the head of an opposing forward. I know, I know you enjoy it, but please, save it for the domestic season...

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    primo, i think sarah is as interested in lotta's health as anyone on the field and secundo, no fair any swedish fans complaining about their players while grandma soub' is on the field. f***ing useless.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    mamie's going to have her warm milk now. about time BB! 70'? that woman hasn't been able to run more than half an hour for almost two years now.

24. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you know it's bad when the USWNT doesn't have the oldest field player in the tournament

wokeupfuzzy repped this.
  25. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    guignol, I notice that you did not throw a pre-game tantrum today. Were you perhaps less worried about Sweden than you were about North Korea?

*theatrical sigh*

Meanwhile, at least I have this to console me: the US v New Zealand match is uncommented, hurrah.