[NDR] World Football Thread 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Heft, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nice video of Suarez goals this season.

2. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It's halftime for the LFC v City match, and it has been intense. Really nice football on display.

DNez2001 repped this.
  3. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suarez should have gotten a 2nd yellow for that blatant dive. He's most definitely got "fish" tendencies!

TX Bill repped this.
  4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you noticed he did get clipped by the defender there on his front toes, not much in it, but running full steam and any boot to boot under cut will cause a player to trip.

GREAT GAME however!

5. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sturridge and Suarez go down way too easy under the slightest (or no) pressure at all. Have a gander at these statistics:

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Penalty_Statistics.html

Liverpool with 12 and the next closest teams at 7 ??? Say what you want but I guarantee those additional penalties to be worth at least six points if not more and had they not been awarded, they wouldn't be where they are in the table.

Now, were they all dives? No, of course not but quite a few were (I can recall three just from matches I'd seen) and that's is one of the main reasons they are where they are in the table.

A fact conveniently overlooked by LFC supporters I might add.

bford repped this.
  6. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Morale of the Story:

Kids let's practice Diving because it gets us some points - Look at Barca this year they would be closer to 4th if it wasn't for their "penalties."

TX Bill repped this.
  7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    RM should be third or have a bigger gap to catch up to because of flopping to, like that Pepe flop. Same as in BB that kids are flopping to for fouls it's sad.

8. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Pepe flop was just awful. Instantly got the entire football world (except Madrid supporters of course) to hate him.

9. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Suarez like many forwards and defenders, goes down on contact a lot of the time. I say that he may be the most fouled player in the league. He takes a lot of hits and physical abuse because of his movement. He is not well protected by the referee because he dives on contact, and has admitted to it. All of his goals come from the run of play, or free kicks though. Suarez, Sturridge, and Gerrard dominate the assist, and goal statistics in England, not just the penalty stats.

10. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No we hate him too - but what can you do?
    Think Suarez in Liverpool - Cheat, Diver, Biter but people love him because he is also scoring tremendously.
    Nonetheless in all honestly nobody beats Neymar no matter who you support.

Grimmjow316 and Heft repped this.
  11. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A letter into F365 website by one of their readers today that was published:

Net spend debates I can handle. Endless debates about video refs are annoying but a discussion the game needs.
    I bloody well draw the line at mails about 'penalty difference' though.
    The fact is Liverpool have had a ridiculous amount of dodgy penalties, in particular earning them three points from Fulham a few weeks ago to keep them in the title race.
    Can we also put to bed the whole 'we attack loads so we're bound to get more' theory. It's actually because your front four are diving little oiks who have, rather annoyingly, all come into form at the exact time and look to be scoring their way to a final day show down.

Well put sir. Well put.

12. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    To be fair to all, and to properly spread blame around, even Everton players have dived.

13. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    everyone dives homes. what people react to is the rolling around dramatics that come afterward, but ive seen plenty of US players go down in a quiet dignified manner on slight/questionable contact. i don't differentiate between the 2, an ------ is an ------ regardless of what happens afterwards.

14. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Diving is an art form. Some diving is allowed by the referee, such as a center back under pressure that feels the strikers hands on his back, or a midfielder who is slightly clipped in the heel. I dislike the straight dives with no contact, but can accept the dive on a foul in some cases. Neymar takes his diving to extremes, but Ching had it down right.

ChrizG13 repped this.
  15. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    I believe sometimes you have to embellish a contact foul when it is giving the opposing team an advantage especially when you have a referee that isn't calling infractions like these:

1) anything that is physically done (besides a legal shoulder charge) to knock a shooter off balance
    2) trying to use your body or hands against the othe player when you can't even play the ball (isn't in reach)

I despise guys like the FCD guy who purposely stops in front of a chasing, trailing defender and then leaps in the air like a dolphin when he is bumped into. Or when a player sees a tackle coming and drags his foot in an unnatural way to make sure that contact is made and then pops up in the air like he's been blown up by a grenade. Or like the recent Wondoloski incident

16. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Scots don't. Ever.
    Their own captain would come over and kick them in their head! "Get up you muppet, you're embarrassing your people!"

17. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    this is true, but the SPL is hardly football.

my cousin's friend from Aberdeen says "every Scotsmen follows 2 teams: their local side where they meet up at a stadium with their friends to drink lots of beer on saturdays and a Premiership team for when they want to watch football". :D

Heft repped this.
  18. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your buddy must support Partick Thistle or the like!
    No football in Scotland! I hear that! Especially when Celtic are playing AC Milan in the quarterfinals of the UCL. Or when Celtic are beating the defending UCL winners Barcelona at Parkhead. No good football on display anywhere up there. Sigh.

19. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick question since I do not know anything SPL - does anybody else have a chance of winning the SPL besides Celtic - Rangers (I know they are not in top flight right now) is it like La Liga in that aspect of it?

20. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the worst of the season... he has no shame... and if you root for him, I don't think highly of your fandom. I know one Liverpool fan who can't wait for him to be gone... he says it isn't fun to root for quote " a pathetic human like him."

21. bford

bford Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand your point.... when a player goes down without any contact.. they should get a straight red.... if FIFA would ball up and make that a rule.... it would cut down on it big time. It is the worst part of the game... I hate when any player does it... if there is contact and you can stay up... you should play on... like a man. The only part of soccer I hate.. well that and fake injuries to waste time... pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.. no honor, unmanly.

Dynamo_Forever and CeltTexan repped this.
  22. bford

bford Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... Mikel Arteta did play there for several seasons...of course he's a much different player than Big Dunc or Tim Cahill..ha.

Heft repped this.
  23. bford

bford Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I watched it super slowed down..about ten times.. (then had to take a shower to get the Saurez crappiest human alive filth off me). he wasn't close to being touched... don't be the myopic fan... you are better than that! ;)

24. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The SPL is absolutely terrible in my opinion.

25. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Now I have to go take a bath to wash all the butt hurt that stuck to your post. I kid I kid.