[NDR] Other MLS Clubs 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Heft, Jan 8, 2014.

1. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
  2. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    redinthemorning repped this.
  3. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC United might be just as bad...but not sure that they are actually worse

5. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As bad as Kraft is, at least he isn't dragging down the league like DC. That team is so messed up and costing so much money on so little return that...man...

Kraft has his issues but DC is the problem child now that Chivas is on the mend.

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    DC is at least trying to get a stadium deal worked out to improve their situation. New England not so much.

7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Watching DC I'm glad Boswell isn't with the team anymore...

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still surprised DC picked him up at that cost. But then again they had cap space to burn this year. Dynamo have seemed to make good decisions for the most part in terms of parting with guys before they hit the fast downslope of their career (Ching is sort of the exception).

Outside of Wondo and Kamara, who else has really blossomed with other MLS teams after leaving the Dynamo?

JC507 repped this.
  9. SogeJ

SogeJ Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Watson is becoming a valuable asset in FC Dallas, or so I've heard.

10. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Koke seems to be playing well with Atletico Madrid. :)

bford, Westside Cosmo and JC507 repped this.
  11. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Atlanta is next...

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/pro-sports/mls-is-coming-to-atlanta/nfSzm/

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    All that's left now is for San Antonio to jump in.

13. brigante3g

brigante3g Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Rich get richer? Toronto GM would be “100%” interested in Brek Shea

Michael Bradley, Jermain Defoe, Steven Caldwell and company continue to get to know each other, TFC general manager can salivate at the prospect of holding the No. 1 slot in Major League Soccer’s allocation order.
    This allows the Reds first dibs on any player headed for the States, but also gives them the power to trade that asset for something they might need. It’s a spot general manager Tim Bezbatchenko loves, and the 32-year-old Ohio native was asked about TFC’s interest in Brek Shea if the big Texan came galloping home from Stoke City.

From The Toronto Sun’s Kurtis Larson:

“Yeah, 100% (we’d be interested),” Bezbatchenko told me. “I mean, Brek Shea is a dynamic U.S. international. I think you’d take any of these guys seriously.”

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I find Brek Shea to be vastly overrated IMO. Outside that he can run like a horse I see not many other qualities but others might not see it that way.

Heft repped this.
  15. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Besides running at tired defenders as a sub, he hasn't looked good in several years. Every time that he has started, he has been very poor. I am not a fan. Of course he can turn it around if he has the right mind-set...

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I don't believe he has the mental toughness to be honest.

17. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So West and East should look like this in 2017 if not sooner:

WEST:
    VAN
    SEA
    POR
    SJ
    LAG
    LA?
    Utah
    COL
    DAL
    HOU
    K.C.

EAST:
    TOR
    MON
    CHI
    CLB
    ATL
    MIA
    ORL
    DCU
    REVS
    NJ
    NYC
    PHI

18. DeuceFive

DeuceFive Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Hey guys, new to this forum and site but I am a STH since 2007! Do you think if San Antonio joins MLS that we now have 3 teams playing for El Capitan?? Can we see this turning into a Lone Star Cup of sorts like the Cascadia Cup? Thoughts?

19. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm way behind on my Bigsoccer reading.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...olders--entire-roster-combined-040555259.html

Has this been discussed? There are 6 players who make more than the Dynamo squad combined. It would be nice if there was a majority owner who gave a shit. I know Dom will mix the right concoctions together come playoff time and better to not have a GM who gets in his way. But wouldn't it be nice if he had more resources at his disposal?

20. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do wish we had one solid owner who just wanted to win trophies. Hopefully someday.

21. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terrific conversation starter DF.
    I would be torn between having El Capitan stay as the solo trophy that makes up our Intrastate I-45 reckoning and of course bringing in the Alamo City in the mix to play for the cannon as the trophy for all MLS teams in our State and Southern Oklahoma.

22. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After what we have witnessed over 8 full seasons, Dom and his backroom staff appear that they will get the chess pieces right more often than not, so having deluxe chess pieces would only aid our punching strength in our league.

Considering how strong the sport is here in Houston and considering how soccer savvy our population is, we should either go all in for our Academy and the Draft and don't ever bother with big signings or open up the checkbook like AEG has mentioned years back. But we always hear about "who will really move the needle in our market" and "it is a tough sale to players to come to Houston over Toronto or NYC or L.A."

23. DeuceFive

DeuceFive Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    of course bringing in the Alamo City in the mix to play for the cannon as the trophy for all MLS teams in our State and Southern Oklahoma.[/quote]

And dare I say if Austin someday enters the mix (probably way later) could we see maybe a purse and trophy between the teams similiar to Superliga? I think the red cards would be flying if the teams knew an added bonus were at stake! lol

24. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a ways away and maybe never... but I'd prefer to play Frisco for the cannon. We can play San Antonio for a Bucee's Beaver trophy.... or some kind of Sam Houston/Davy Crocket statue....maybe if we win we get a special Davy Crockett coonskin hat that someone in the supporters group wears.... if they win... they get a Sam Houston cane to wave around the next season.

redinthemorning and CeltTexan repped this.
  25. DeuceFive

DeuceFive Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Hahahaha Bucee's!!!! Good One! The Houston vs FC Dallas rivalry is pretty well rooted to say the least but I can't ignore the possibilty that there may be 1 or 2 more MLS teams added in Texas sometime the future.