[NDR]CONCACAF World Cup qualifying: New and Improved

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They should be on both Unimas for home, telemundo away I doubt they change it.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I believe that Univision has the rights to Mexican NT home games but the away games vary. Last night's game was on Telemundo. I'm pretty sure that all the Central American teams had sold their rights to Traffic who then sold them to various broadcasters. That's why the USA game was on beIN Sport.

We'll have to see what the deal is for the game in NZL.

3. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trolling the mexican papers this morning, i read the stupidest comments, and not only from ungrateful tri fans, but the reporters themselves.

One newspaper story played with the fact that some of the US players were actually latin american or mexican.

Please!

JC507 repped this.
  4. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yep, Telemundo bought the rights from Traffic:

http://www.multichannel.com/content/telemundo-keeps-‘el-tri’-qualifiers

The NZL-MEX game will be a separate negotiation.

5. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Hydro repped this.
  6. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Westside Cosmo has a radio show?:D

Levy2k6 repped this.
  7. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hope this video is not next to be taken down.

Translation from the video via wdcrob:

"GOOOOAAAAAAL The US of A PUTS us in the playoffs!!!!!" USA!
    "It is because of the USA that we are being placed in the playoff ...BECAUSE OF THEM , NOT DUE TO YOU..NOT ANY OF YOU in the green shirts ....IT WAS THEM!!.NOT YOU!..THEY DID IT!!!!!NOT YOU! remember this forever..... KEEP THIS CLEARLY IN MIND FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES! You do NOTHING for the shirt, you do NOT put the effort, you have NOTplaced us in the playoffs , you HAVE NOT placed us in the WORLD CUP ..YOU WOULD NOT HAVE KEPT US ALIVE....IT WAS ESTADOS UNIDOS, NOT YOU.! .NOT YOU AND YOUR ARROGANCE/CONCEIT.....NOT YOU AND YOUR INFAMY....NOT YOU AND YOUR MORONS/PUNKS....
    "IT IS A FAILURE.....and UNDESERVED -to go through to the playoff- WE HAD NO ARGUMENTS to earn the playoffs, THE USA, WITH SUBS , WITH MANY SUBS as the visiting team shows us once again what the USA is all about ....how to play the game with dignity, how to approach the sport..MExico is a horror, just terrible....A FAILURE....
    THE USA HAS SURPASSED US ..They are better than Mexico in SOCCER ....THEY EVEN HAVE THE LUXURY OF PLAYING THEIR SUBS and KEEPING US LIVE.... I hope our coach wears the pants and resigns..He has failed as coach...."

Hydro, ChrizG13, 7seven7 and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the translation, im sending it to my friends. Very emotional, very strong words against Mexico. Wow.

I really cannot watch the us highlights anymore, the poor Panamanians thought they had their ticket to new zealand. And then their faces when the two goals were scored against them at the last few minutes. Vey dramatic.

And the undeserving team, the one that couldnt even win their last game, ended up going.

The tv announcer is spot on.

nfiniti, TX Bill and Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  9. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Love it! The poor panamanian kid is crying.... So sad!

If i had a facebook page i would post it there, or poke it or whatever you do in facebook.

If i had a tweeter account, i would be doing something with tweeter. Still not sure what it does.

jvilla07 repped this.
  10. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am surprised that the religious right have not jumped on the sacrilege of Chicharito claiming that the US Mens National Soccer team is God.

"God has given us another chance" - Chicharito

11. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juego's Super-Duper Schedule adjusted table for the Brazil 2014 CONCACAF Hex.

FINAL

USA +7 (0,0,+1,+3,0,0,0, 0, 0,+3)
    Costa Rica +3 (+1,0,0,0,+1,0,0,+1,0,0 )
    Honduras 0 (0,-2,0,0,0,0,+3, -2,0,+1)
    Mexico -4 (-2,+1,-2,+3,+1,-2,-3, 0,0,0)
    Panama -7 (-2,+1,0,-2,0,0,-2,+1,0,-3)
    Jamaica -10 (+1,-2,0,-3,-3,0,+1,-2,0,-2)

12. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing Baloy sitting on the ground in Estadio Fernando Rommel, near tears, was heartbreaking. That guy deserved to play in the world cup.

His team does not though. You have to finish the game. The Canaleros had checked into Brazil and checked out of the game they were still playing.

When they held a 1-0 lead I thought they defended well with numbers and their usual organization. The USA was uninspired trying to attack that bunker. Then a dangerous corner from Davis, Penedo fails to come off his line, and it's 1-1. Panama then goes about throwing everything at the US goal. They get their goal, and where is the defense? How are there not 10-men behind the ball at all times? WTF? Naivete.

Then there is Mexico. They hardly seemed to care that they were losing. Just inexplicable. I kept switching over expecting to see green shirts swarming the Ticos and just staring in disbelieve. I mean WTF?!!

Best broadcaster line of the night? While the Canaleros were pushing for their second goal the broadcaster remarked that Panama was "working on wrenching loose the kitchen sink". Clever and funny.

To me it did not look like the USA was all that interested in equalizing but they were not going to lay down. Panama had to stop them which Panama put a surprising lack of energy into doing. The USA never found so much space and time in the attacking third as when they were 2-1 down.

Incredible night of futbol. Pulsating. I love CONCACAF. Forever and Ever!

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    My one big criticism of the Panamanian coach is why he never gave Nicolas Muñoz a shot when they were in their scoring drought especially after he had tied for goals in the last edition of CCL with (Quintero IIRC.) yet he called that bum Orlando Rodriguez and he was stinking it up in the Salvadorian League where Muñoz also plays.

nfiniti repped this.
  14. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know, and i missed it completely and barely followed via text messages from friends and relatives. I had a working dinner with the Pupusa lobbying group, we are fighting potential taxes on loroco imports. I asked a lady at the bar of the restaurant to look for the game and she tried, but didnt find it. And some jerks got upset because they were watching Honey Boo Boo or something.

Im trying to make up for missing this soccer night by reading all the online papers, including US. Mexico, Central America. The Panamanian papers are hard to read, with headlines such as "Painful Defeat".

Mexican papers are soooo much fun to read.

15. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tweeter gives folks the ability to stalk others electronically

Levy2k6 repped this.
  16. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really have to adopt this new technology.

Seriously, you may have said it jockingly, but the stuff people post or tweet is a bit too personal. Ideal for stalking.

17. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tweeter lets you display yourself publicly with a big sign reading: "Stalk Me!"

18. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Tweeter is like a stalking contest.

19. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    And I'm winning.

20. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    yeah sucks for Baloy... tho his conditioning is impressive , i doubt he'll be around for 2018 qualifiers. but i'm hoping he is, and in good form.

21. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    yes yes yes... add to that that he took so long to finally call up Gabi Torres...but willing to trot out a highly ineffective Luis Renteria and young/unproven Waterman . And Sanchez over Barahona or Escobar, still makes no sense to most of us.

22. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex, what are phrases rarely uttered by soccer fans? CORRECT!!

23. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    hey my name is rey and i love CONCACAF. response: "hi rey!"

no really, i grew up in a pre-FoxSports/BeIn/GolTV age so CONCACAF tournaments is all i had. the only other option was the "Soccer Made in Germany" weekly game on PBS. ironically, i think the youngsters about to enter their 20s may also create a trend towards CONCACAF in the next couple of years with the ever improving MLS and the rise of the USMNT in CONCACAF. we only lost the current 25-35 age group to the dang Premiership.

troutseth repped this.
  24. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Baloy's condition is excellent...he might jsut make it to 2018 WCQ....but Tejada's done imo.....and Blas also (maybe can make it to next Gold Cup)

25. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well Waterman has a cool last name :D. But true he should have looked to the others I think calling Blas to the last GC was a mistake since you needed to look for more possible help in scoring. Shame because Muñoz is also up their in age (31) so he's on the out anyways. I think Blas will get the call still but will most likely be Torres and Waterman taking the reigns come next cycle.