NBA Playoffs Thread!!

Discussion in 'Barcelona NSR' started by os_mutante, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    3-2.

The Lakeshow is going to get ran out of Boston on Tuesday.

2. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Celtics 131-92 Lakers

CELTICS

3. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Celtics 131-92 Lakers

ARE

4. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Celtics 131-92 Lakers

CHAMPIONS

5. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Re: Celtics 131-92 Lakers

so when are the lakers playing the celtics?.....what, those were the real lakers.

6. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    fack.

I hate to see 2 of my favorite teams lay down and quit....in the same season.

First Barca and now this. At least the Lakers' death was relatively quick....Barcelona's happened over the course of an entire season, like Chinese Water Torture.

Ah well....eff the Celtics...I hope they enjoy their next Championship in 2030.

7. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bitter, bitter, bitter :D

8. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    UScule...I have to admit...the Lakers losing is my fault, and my fault only.

We watched them all through the play-offs, but we completely blew them off because of the European Cup. I realize now that the reason they lost is because of a lack of our undying support, encouraging them while watching games that were already played the day before and that we didnt know the result of yet.

I am so sorry.

but there;s always next year. Bynum will be back I hope, and I like Vujicic and Farmar.

9. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not at all my friend....I simply took a sample size of their last two championships and extrapolated it out to predict a future title.

1986 - 2008 - 2030

It's simple math. ;)

Oh, and Joep.......forshame. And all this time I thought it was because Pau Gasol realized he's a soft Euro and Lamar Odom was PMSing the last two weeks.

10. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Dont u just hate those softy euros, they are big (dirk, pau etc..) and they try to play like they are D-wade when they could be hookshooting all night long, tim duncan style.

11. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could say the same thing about a half dozen American players. Heck, If Garnett would get inside and bang like Amare, he'd be damn near unstoppable. It's looking like Bosh is going to turn out that way(playing at the elbow, shying away from inside contact) too.

12. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    but garnett won a championship, count how many dirk and pau have...0

13. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh, they haven't even hung that banner and it's already being used as evidence. I love KG (read: LOVE), but he wasn't exactly carrying his team to that title. If Dirk were in a position to alternate between being the second and third most effective player on his team in the playoffs, he may possibly have won one already.

I will always contend that KG is better than Dirk, and may even argue that he's the most skilled power forward of all time, but he's not expected to do what Dirk does. Dirk is expected to provide his team's inside scoring, outside scoring, and rebounding, as well as being the guy who takes the final shot with the game on the line. If KG is the guy taking your "game-winner", from any distance, there's a good chance you're not going to be going home happy

14. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One good thing about the Celtics winning: Big Baby gets some face time. :)

[​IMG]

Via Ball Don't Lie

The nation needs to see more of this guy.

15. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    wait so averagin 18.8 points and 9.2 rebound per game is not carrying a team, the celtics would not have been even close of winning with out KG, He is not the flashy player but the most essential, i could have taken pierce out and put in wade, or put in anthony or lebron and they woulda won, KG makes it happen, except for the Pistons, Since Jordan left every team that has won has had a dominating big man, and KG is huge he take his jumpers but is not a softy when it comes to rebounds, like pau and nowitzki.

16. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    jcvf, Greddy is right.

If KG was option #1, hell if he was option #2 the Celtics would not have won anything. Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Rajon Rondo won them that championship...KG is just a hyper-emotional role player...at least in the finals.

The fact that Pau Gasol was able to man handle KG for even a second is evidence enough that KG is soft. Switch KG with Dirk and I think Boston still wins it.

Oh, and did I mention that KG gets on my nerves...his whole "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!"....puhleez. Count me in as part of the 0.00001% that finds his melodrama (see: powder/handclap explosion, headbutting the padding, and screaming for no goddamn reason) stupid. My eyes can't roll hard enough when he does that.

17. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I dont love KG i just hate the Softys, and hey u might have convinced me, but as u said KG is a leader, those oher two have not been able to lead anythung.

18. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm maybe KG can learn some toughness from THE BADDEST MOFO ON THE PLANET.

[youtube]-NnjVMrDPYo[/youtube]

19. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One down(Madrid), one to go! ;)

Has anyone been watching this Bulls - Celtics series? If I don't post anymore after tonight, it's because my heart and/or head has exploded.

P.S. Seeing the older posts in this thread reminded me how much I hate KG and Lebron's rosin powder throwing. I assume everyone knows that they stole this from Jordan, but rep for anyone who knows the actual story behind it.

20. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think the better question is; has anyone NOT been watching the series.

I hate Boston more than I hate Real Madrid. Nothing could make this day more complete than to watch the Baby Bulls beat the living shit out of the Celtics at home.

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    War pacquiao!

Awww man, Sports Armegeddon Day continues... go baby bulls, don't forget PACQIAO fights tonight also!

22. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Re: War pacquiao!

Sad for the bulls, i think all america (except boston) were rooting for them.
    Now how about my heat today, we are taking the Hawks down today...GO HEAT!!

23. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I hear Fisher will be suspended for a game, no? Serves him right :p

24. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands